Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: [H5] [Hawkeye] SA or Attribute?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:34 pm 
Vagabond

Hi, I'm playing on a low rate (x5) H5 server with L2OFF files (or at least that's what it said on the server information).
I'm not a new player, but in all my playtime, I always play on low rate servers, and have never wielded more than S grade (the low one) weapon even once.
In this server, the pc point service is activated, and I can get shadow top A weapon from it (shyeed bow, sword of ipos etc) including the SA.
In this case I, as a Hawkeye, choose the Shyeed Bow with focus SA. But, as I'm approaching S grade, I wonder if it's worth to buy S grade bows like draconic or dynasty. That's because in my server the price of the Soul Crystals can be almost 2-3 times the S grade weapon.

So, do you guys think I should buy the S grade bow and perhaps putting attribute stones in it but without the SA, or should I stay using my Shyeed bow (I'm aiming to have at least +5 since it can be enchanted with pc points) with Focus SA and save my money for icarus/vesper weapon?

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: [H5] [Hawkeye] SA or Attribute?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:51 am 
Elder

Special Abilities will ALWAYS be more important than attributes, especially before you reach lvl 83+.

Special Abilities grant you extra PvP damage + a nice passive (Focus on A grade is the strongest ability for bows). Attributes give you a threshold on damage that you won't ever take full advantage of most of the time, and it doesn't do wonders during PvE either. Critical Chance is an archer's bread and butter.

So, my advice (I've played Trickster and Moonlight Sentinel on low rate H5 servers for years) is to stay with that bow, try to enchant it if you can, and concentrate on doing Legendary Tales with a clan or some party to get a Vesper Bow.

Soul Crystals are very valuable, that is why it's always better to stay without SA until you know you're gonna reach top gear (which in this case would be Skull Carnium Bow, but it's almost impossible to get one on those rates) and then go for the big raids to get Soul Crystals as high as you can.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:40 am 
Vagabond

Thank you for replying!

I see, then it would be okay to assume that my focus shyeed bow has better or at least the same dps as draconic bow with 150 attribute then? I'm a little worried because almost every party shout for high level requires the DDs to have at least 150 element and kicked anyone that has no element at all.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:49 pm 
Marquis

i assume u play dex servers.
1st .u will never do "legendary tales" with A bow. nobody will invite u unless they are friends or something.
2nd. draco 150 got higher DPS ( not by much) then Shyeed bow +focus/ ( shyeed also got veryslow attk speed )
3rd. the server communitty is low and its hard to get geared as solo player. comunity = economy ( in any meaning)

idk how much draco is worth in your server.neither if u enjoy the server as solo player . u need to farm N hours on lizardmans to get level and items and if u play w/o bot. idk. u will just give up. :D:D:D

i was about to suggest to farm with A bow and wait until prices drop to a point that u can afford it . but since u play on dex servers i dont think it will ever happen. community is going lower and lower everyday.

it may sound absurdly but i suggest u to move to RPG. its much more easier and friendly to solo players. community is 10 times bigger then your server and the market is HUUUUUGE . u can sell/buy w/e u want easy and fast and theres the difference between these 2 server. sorry for beign negattive about DEXservers but its the truth. their golden age is over now. after 2h months server will be empty while on RPG every starting area will be full even after few months.

OfflineProfile