Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: THE Overlord
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:09 pm 
Count

Hi.
i was wondering about some overlord facts...
i'm a growing lvl 59 overlord with sov+acu and ava robe set and i was wondering if i should stick to sov and some bw robe/light or should i go get some aoba/dmg and some heavy armor and go as tank? or some combination between these two.
what i'd like would be some two-handed blunt but not soes coz it has stupid SAs :| and bw light for castspeed and mp regen.
oh and got any idea how could i solo further coz it's getting really annoying using all my mp in 10 nukes(drains)
thanks in advance

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:28 am 
Vagabond

Yep as u said u can go with heavy and aoba and with some robe or bw light but would be nice if u have them both ^^
Well if u want a full explanation bout the OL go to the section on the site and see its the biggest of all the classes and bout the lvl up well only in pty or u ll get 78 next year :roll:

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:51 am 
Viscount

Go for Blue wolf light armor and get a Staff Of Evil Spirits - Bodily Blessing,as for dyes its up to your choice if you exp or pvp :roll: btw OL is one of the hardest classes in this game to play, cause expect skills you also need nerves..a lot of them :wink:

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:58 am 
Count

well i've already read the class guide for the overlord but i thought some live answers would be more accurate :) as i can ask more questions in case i don't feel some answers are not enough.
by the way any idea why people use soes? it seems to me like a pretty good-for-nothing weapon coz it has shitty SAs.and i'm not using it for oly.
btw should in a party be used any other seal other than bind,winter and sometimes chaos?

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:18 am 
Viscount

Well as an overlord you job is to buff up people and assist in exp (party) with close range weapons like a blunt or a dagger and throw a stun here and there :P only if things get out of control you cast a seal of binding or a Heart of Pa'agrio///imo

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:54 pm 
Vagabond

I agree with the fact that is one of the hardest characters... I couldn't play with it :) But I think is the coolest especially at hight lvl... and in war...CP restore uuuuu is gold sometimes. But for that you don't need light armor you just need cast, m atk and loooots of MP :). I would say just try to have both of them and see which one you like most... Everyone raises his/her char in a personal way.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:46 am 
Vassal

SirAdrian wrote:
by the way any idea why people use soes? it seems to me like a pretty good-for-nothing weapon coz it has shitty SAs.

It Has SA Bless The Body effect 5 or SA magic Focus effect 3. So if you buff your clan/ally everybody gets bless the body/focus with some probability. They are using it only fur buffs nothing more. You can also get Deadman's Staff form mental shield effect (btw every class can use this staffs to buff oneselves, just use any skill having the staff equipped and then change to your normal weapon)

Exping OL solo is a really hard thing, try heavy armor and dagger (focus) also using soul cry at the same time and start mobs with drain to recover HP.

Best way is to find a clan. Get DC robe and BOMT (acu). During mass pvp forget about drains, you only spam CP and 1-2 seals. Nothing more. Get 79 lvl (Victories of Paa'agrio) and you will be a very appreciated to any pt.

PVP- OL rocks :)

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:57 pm 
Count

i see.thanks
i'll be getting back to my OL later.right now i'm growing my warlock which i intend to make him an arcana lord and own bigtime :D
at least i can go with sov+acu and bw light all the way to 78-80

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:19 am 
Viscount

i'm working on an OL stuff for both pve and pvp
he is 40 actually so it's pretty easy to find stuff
i've a full plate set +6 (mp regen bonus is very usefull)
and CoN +7 acumen
also wit +5 men -5 dyes
i can't put all my buff in party at start but regen given by heavy armor is enough to desynchronise my buff.
with heavy i can tank efficiently and solo like tank
in pvp, dagger and archers don't hit me hard and i can drain many times

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:23 pm 
Viscount

Trought my expirience as an OL i killed with BW robe and SOV+A - devatated castle realy a nice place to exp an OL there are some groups of mobs thet give decent xp. ROOT,FLaME,POIsON and its all ok :) good xp not a lota effort. OL can not solo good so better get a mage party to buff and they xp u. After all OLs get all the important mage buffs :)

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:43 pm 
Vassal

I totally agree, OL is not for solo lvlling. If the clan want to have your buffs, they must exp you. Otherway find another clan that will appreciate OL. And in the long term robes and staffs are the best for OL (and of coze staffs with btb, mental shield for additional buffs)

In exp I like to have 2-3 nukers with me, for good AOE pt. At the begining I start a few mobs (I have soul guard) an just root them (nukers can,t touch not roted mobs). Rooted mob is very easy for a mage o full CDL.

At the end I use 1-2 drain to restore HP.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:31 pm 
Vassal

My Ol's pve pvp setup:
pve:BW Heavy and Kris focus for B grade or Tallum Heavy and Bloody orchid Focus for A grade.
Dyes: Str +4 Con-4,Wit +4 Men -4
all that stuff,if you have a pp 56+ lvl for the basic buffs for you.
Use soulcry,but don't upgrade it up to your lvl,so it won't cost a whole tank of MP:P

Pvp setup:Ol's must know that STUNNING is very important for pvp.so,i suggest SoEs with any of the stupid sa's ;p and Avadon robe armor.
A grade:BOMT accumen and DC robe armor or Majestic Robe armor.
dyes:Wit +4 Men-4,Con+5 Str-5

Have fun raising and improving your green terror!!

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:54 pm 
Heir

OL is hard-to-xp player and the a-grade set DC and BOMT is very useful cos u can sometimes stun the mobs. In mass pvp against fighters , the seal of despair (lvl 78 ) is a lot of pain in the ass, since it reduces all that a fighter need (atk. speed, speed , evasion , p. atk. and M.DEF.). No hope a fighter survives from unless it has a roposte stance and brings them back to u. But neither the other seal are useless. But I can't tell hem all, since it will get a whole page to analyse them all. Finally, the AM in s- grade if u could take, is useful for the stun and with ++chance, will hurt more and make him imba.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:47 pm 
Count

ok.thanks for the opinions but i'm playing my warlock now :>
topic closed

OfflineProfile  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]