Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Magic Damage SA and Imperial Staff (C4)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:33 am 
Vagabond

I've been playing on a 3x C4 server as a Spellhowler and I am going for PvE gear, so I am trying to figure out what would be best but stumbled upon a couple of strange things. All of these could be tested on a PvP server, but I couldn't find a C4 one, but I did go to an Interlude one.

So if you check pmfun you will see that Imperial Staff has more M.Atk than Arcana Mace, but on that Interlude server they both have the same m.atk (175), so which is the correct information here?

In terms of armor I will be going with Karmian (currently using, Demon too expensive) -> Doom -> Nightmare -> Arcana.

Weapons is where it gets more difficult, currently have a Homu +3 which is a bit weaker than Valhalla. I could probably get Elemental Sword with Magic Power as low A is pretty cheap, but high-end weapons get a bit more confusing.
Same as Imperial Staff - Branch of the Mother Tree seems to have more M.Atk than Sword of Miracles. But BOMT has Magic Damage, which sounds pretty lame, while SoM can have Magic Power, which is probably the better one here.
But what about Imperial Staff? Since it doesnt have Magic Power, only Empower, maybe Arcana with Acumen would be better, even tho every little bit of m.atk helps I guess.

Anyone can help out with the M.atk differences between staves and 1 handed weapons for mages? When did that happen, is that the case on C4, etc. and is Magic Damage SA any good?

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Magic Damage SA and Imperial Staff (C4)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:27 pm 
Marquis

Azure75 wrote:
I've been playing on a 3x C4 server as a Spellhowler and I am going for PvE gear, so I am trying to figure out what would be best but stumbled upon a couple of strange things. All of these could be tested on a PvP server, but I couldn't find a C4 one, but I did go to an Interlude one.

So if you check pmfun you will see that Imperial Staff has more M.Atk than Arcana Mace, but on that Interlude server they both have the same m.atk (175), so which is the correct information here?

In terms of armor I will be going with Karmian (currently using, Demon too expensive) -> Doom -> Nightmare -> Arcana.

Weapons is where it gets more difficult, currently have a Homu +3 which is a bit weaker than Valhalla. I could probably get Elemental Sword with Magic Power as low A is pretty cheap, but high-end weapons get a bit more confusing.
Same as Imperial Staff - Branch of the Mother Tree seems to have more M.Atk than Sword of Miracles. But BOMT has Magic Damage, which sounds pretty lame, while SoM can have Magic Power, which is probably the better one here.
But what about Imperial Staff? Since it doesnt have Magic Power, only Empower, maybe Arcana with Acumen would be better, even tho every little bit of m.atk helps I guess.

Anyone can help out with the M.atk differences between staves and 1 handed weapons for mages? When did that happen, is that the case on C4, etc. and is Magic Damage SA any good?

Karmian/Demon (mostly CDL) > Dark Crystal > Major arcana.

Dont make Doom / NM set . Casting speed is most important for PVE/PVP . Nightmare set can be good for PVE sometimes , but not worth to invest into it. DC robe set is OP.

Demon set cost 1.2kk adena + 2-3h farm Quest Items on spot with decent adena/drops/exp :)

Acumen SA all the way. 2hand staffs get more matk on higher versions ( Gracia final i think).
Arcana mace / sword of miracle + shield is the best option, but BOMT acumen works too.

Magic damage/power SA can be good with CDL if u need a bit more dmg to 1 shot the mobs , anyway on PVP Acumen > Magic SA .

CDL = Curse death link skill .

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Magic Damage SA and Imperial Staff (C4)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:59 pm 
Vagabond

I went with Demon set, it is not that easy to get as you say. The shirt and pants cost 2kk in crystals and then I found the gloves for 4kk - which is cheap, but it is definitely a very strong set bonus.
I don't see how casting speed is important in PvE, since I do farm with CDL and even monsters that require 2 hits cannot get to me in time to hit me (which would be a KO xD)
I found out Magic Damage (found on BOMT) is total crap.
And since Valhalla and Elemental Sword have similar prices I would be going for ES + Magic Power which is a lot stronger. Next is SoM + Magic Power. I found out that is as strong as a clean Arcana Mace, which will be with Acumen, so late game I will get some casting speed through that and the major arcana set.
In terms of gear I found out Doom gives you a lot less M.atk compared to Demon, but it does come with some MP regeneration, which can be useful. Nightmare is like Demon + Doom - good m.atk and mp regen.
But of course, S grade is where it is at.

OfflineProfile