Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Critical Error FAQ
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:44 pm 
Duke

Common Critical Errors and their Solutions

Error: History: FL2GameData::ObsceneDataLoad <- FL2GameData::Load() <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine

Cause: The client cannot properly load banned messages.

Solution: Delete obscene-e.dat in your C:\Program Files\Lineage II\system folder and run L2.exe again.

--------------------------------------------------

Error: General protection fault! History: UOrcMove::CalculateCRC32 <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine

Cause: The client is missing one or more vital files that are required to load the game. You have not installed the patch or updater properly, you have accidently deleted files, or you are not using the right Chronicle.

Solutions: 1. Make sure none of your folders are empty; ie. systextures, staticmeshes, textures, animations.
███████ 2. If found to be empty, reinstall Lineage 2 after completely removing the client via Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs.
███████ 3. If step 2 does not work, download a fresh Lineage2 installer from [Link 1].

Error: Negative delta time! History: UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

Cause: Your Lineage 2 client could not properly read your CPU clock speeds. This usually only happens with AMD processors.

Solutions: 1. Download the [AMD Dual Core Optimizer] program and install it.
███████ 2. Download this >XP ONLY< hotfix from the official Windows website (Genuine Windows XP required). [Link 1]

Error: Failed to enter Entry: Can't find file 'Entry'. History: UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine

Cause: Your client is missing one or more required files to launch the game. This may also occur if you install the L2 Server patch onto the wrong version of the game (Hellbound, Gracia, C5, etc).

Solutions: 1. Install the patch in the MAIN Lineage II folder, not the system folder or anywhere else. Installing it in the wrong place can cause this error.
███████ 2. Update your video card drivers to the latest stable ones.

Error: Application failed to initialize properly

Cause: This usually appears when you are using modded video card drivers, very outdated video card drivers, do not have the .NET Framework installed, or any combination of the three.

Solutions: 1. Update your video card drivers to the latest stable ones.
███████ 2. Download and install the .NET Framework 2.0 [Link 1] (Genuine Windows XP/Vista required).

Error: General protection fault! History: UObject:: DissociateImports <- UObject::EndLoad <- UObject::StaticLoadObject <- (Engine.SkeletalMesh =anything can be here=) <- IsLoadedResource <- User::SetPawnResource <- UNetworkHandler::Tick <- Function Name=NpcInfoPacket <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

Cause: This is 99% of the time caused by video card drivers being unable to load textures, or it can be very rarely caused by a missing texture.

Solutions: 1. Update your video card drivers to the latest stable ones.
███████ 2. If step 1 does not work, do some searching to find out what driver versions work best for your video card. In my case and many others, the latest drivers have caused issues, and older drivers work much better.

Error: History: FArchiveFileReader::Seek <- ULinkerLoad::Seek <- TLazyArray<< <- FMipmap<< <- SerializeMips <- UTexture::Serialize <- LoadObject <- (Texture LineageMonstersTex.death_knight.death_knight_t00 99684524==99684524/133323252 99683358 132383) <- ULinkerLoad::Preload <- PreLoadObjects <- UObject::EndLoad <- UObject::StaticLoadObject <- (Engine.Texture LineageMonstersTex.Death_Knight_T00 NULL) <- UOrcMove::CalculateCRC32 <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine

Cause: You have a corrupt texture, potentially from another private server that doesn't know how to create a proper patch or from an action you have done yourself.

Solutions: 1. download a fresh Lineage2 installer from [Link 1].
███████ 2. If step 1 does not work, reinstall DirectX 9.0c and update your video card drivers to the latest stable ones.

Error: History: NConsoleWnd::RequestAuthLogin <- NCAuthWnd::OnLoginBtnClick <- NCAuthWnd::OnPasswordDone <- NControl::SendEventMessage <- NCEditBox::OnKeyDown <- NCVirtualWndMain::PassToFocusedWindow <- NCVirtualWndMain::PassToFocusedWindow <- NCVirtualWndMain::PassToFocusedWindow <- NCVirtualWndMain:ispatchWndMsg <- NConsoleWnd:ispatchWndMsgX <- NConsoleWnd:ispatchWndMsg <- UWindowsViewport::ViewportWndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- DispatchMessage <- 006903B0 256 <- MessagePump <- MainLoop

Cause: Another program is intercepting your connection with the Auth server when you click 'Login'. This can be from almost anything.

Solutions: 1. If you have an anti-virus program such as AVG, disable all active protection while logging in and enable it again only once you are ingame.
███████ 2. If you have another Lineage 2 client open of a different chronicle (ex. logged into a Gracia Final Part 2 server while trying to login to Interlude one), close the other client and restart your client. Also close any other games that utilise an anti-cheat program, whether it be Gameguard, nProtect, etc. You should now be able to login.
███████ 3. Go to C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc and open the file 'hosts' with notepad. Other than all lines starting with the character '#', make sure that this is the only line there:
Code:

Unless you have added other lines there and know what you are doing, you can leave those, but delete all lines with L2authd.lineage2.com, L2testauthd.lineage2.com, auth.lineage2.com.tw, auth.lineage2.jp, L2auth.Lineage2.in.th, L2auth.Lineage2.ph, or anything else you see that relates to Lineage 2 Auth.

Credits to Inspire.

Sticky imo.

ImageImageImageImage Image

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:47 pm 
Viscount

Very Useful. ( post it )

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Critical Error FAQ
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:08 pm 
Vagabond

General protection fault!

History: UUIScript::execGetPartyMemberCount <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (MinimapWnd Transient.MinimapWnd0, Function Interface.MinimapWnd.OnLoad) <- NCFrameWnd::OnXMLLoad <- XMLDataManager::CreateWindows <- XMLUIManager::CreateWindows <- NConsoleWnd::InitializeXMLUI <- NConsoleWnd::Initialize <- NConsoleWnd::Init <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine

I have this problem can you tell me what I have to do to fix it?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:36 pm 
Marquis

usefull as hell!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:37 am 
Elder

kokolinobg wrote:

History: UUIScript::execGetPartyMemberCount <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (MinimapWnd Transient.MinimapWnd0, Function Interface.MinimapWnd.OnLoad) <- NCFrameWnd::OnXMLLoad <- XMLDataManager::CreateWindows <- XMLUIManager::CreateWindows <- NConsoleWnd::InitializeXMLUI <- NConsoleWnd::Initialize <- NConsoleWnd::Init <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine

I have this problem can you tell me what I have to do to fix it?

That usualy apears when u wana play some private server , and u downloaded their Launcher , that is not working propertly. delete your System FOlder , and than update Lineage2 so u get new one , and than try start game , or setupp server u wanter to play

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:09 pm 
Vagabond

Seems like I'm getting an error I couldn't find on the list above. There it is

Video : No Video
PosCode : LS1(146) 0:0:0 2/0 [533]

History: FL2GameData::LoadL2DataBin <- FL2GameData::BRItemgrpDataLoad <- FL2GameData::Load <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine

I updated video card, that was what crossed my mind but no succes. Same crap.
Someone give me an idea or I'm going nuts, pls

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:02 pm 
Duke

it fails to load item.grp, meaning that u're OS couldn't open one of the data files or they are broken, reinstalling may help, you may also try changing fullscreen/window toggle in l2.ini

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:34 am 
Vagabond

i have the same eror here any one help me with this plzzz i have done every thing and none works and i have done every thing u said on how to connect page so here is my error :-

History: FL2GameData::LoadL2DataBin <- FL2GameData::BRItemgrpDataLoad <- FL2GameData::Load <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine

plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help me here

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:01 am 
Vagabond

That usually appears when u want to play some private server, and u downloaded their Launcher , that is not working properly. delete your System Folder , and than update Lineage2 so u get new one , and than try start game , or setup server u wanter to play.I want to know more about the information regarding that process.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:38 am 
Duke

lol AD-guy goes hardcore

Quote:
LoadL2DataBin <- FL2GameData::BRItemgrpDataLoad

anw this is what u need to look at
itemgrp.dat, so yea, it's your system map having wrong or bad files

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:35 pm 
Vagabond

2010.4.2 18:34:00
CPU : GenuineIntel Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2140 @ 1.60GHz @ 1601 MHz 2047MB RAM
PosCode : LS1(146) 0:0:0 2/0 [367]

I re-installed videocard drivers, i re-installed the game, i re-installed the SO, i dont know what else to do, can u help me?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:23 pm 
Forum Troll

xarbac wrote:
CPU : GenuineIntel Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2140 @ 1.60GHz @ 1601 MHz 2047MB RAM

I re-installed videocard drivers, i re-installed the game, i re-installed the SO, i dont know what else to do, can u help me?

the prob is that imo

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:34 pm 
Marquis

xarbac wrote:

You have failed to properly install your video drivers, hence why it says
Quote:

Probably you have just formatted and installed the wrong kinda drivers, go to your video card supplier website ;)

https://l2etina.com/
https://discord.gg/NjXZcnwWhT

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:22 am 
Vagabond

Hi

Someone can help me ? i dont know why it doesnt init the engine.
Driver are updated( Directx,nvidia )

Thanks

2010.4.25 03:17:07
CPU : GenuineIntel Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2220 @ 2.40GHz @ 2400 MHz 1022MB RAM
Video : NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT (9621)
PosCode : LS1(152) 0:0:0 2/0 [730]

History: CheckTag <- ULinkerLoad::Load <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:18 pm 
Vagabond

wrong post sry..

OfflineProfile  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next