Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Getting A Black Screen After A Few Minutes of Playing
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:04 am 
Vagabond

Hi guys, I have been playing 'Lineage II' on Windows 10 for the past few months. But recently I am encountering a problem after a few minutes of playing the game. I am getting a black screen on the display, but strange I can hear the music properly. Just I am getting the black screen. Does anyone have any idea about how can I able to fix it? I am utterly confused about getting the issue.

My PC Set up:

Processor - AMD Ryzen 5 3400G
OS - Windows 10 Pro
RAM - Corsair Vengeance DDR4 8GB*2 3200MHz
Storage - SSD WD 240GB
HDD - Barracuda 1TB
GPU: AMD Radeon™ RX Vega 11
Motherboard - MSI B450 Tomahawk Max

Thanks

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Getting A Black Screen After A Few Minutes of Playing
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:12 am 
Vagabond

hemu432 wrote:
Hello,
It sound like you may be experiencing a graphics driver issue, which can cause the screen to go black while the game audio continues to play. you can try to fix the problem:

Update your graphics drivers: Make sure that you have the latest graphics drivers installed for your AMD Radeon™ RX Vega 11 GPU. You can download the latest drivers from the AMD website.

Reduce the game graphics settings: Try reducing the graphics settings in Lineage II to see if that improves stability. You may be pushing your hardware too hard, which can cause the game to crash.

Disable overlays and other programs: Some programs, such as Discord or other overlays, can interfere with the graphics driver and cause crashes. Try disabling these programs before launching the game to see if that helps.

Check your hardware: It's possible that your hardware is overheating, which can cause crashes. Check your CPU and GPU temperatures using a tool like HWMonitor and make sure they are within safe operating limits.

Reinstall the game: If none of the above steps work, try reinstalling Lineage II to see if that fixes the problem.

If you continue to have issues after trying these steps, you may need to contact the game developer or your hardware manufacturer for further assistance.
Hope so these suggestions will help you still you have any query please share here.

Thank you so much for your enormous help. I have followed some of them which you suggested above. First I updated the graphics drivers and reinstalled the game. But I am sorry to say the problem is still having.

Then I searched online for resolving the issue and came across this useful article that suggested a lot of solutions of this issue. Most importantly the solution which helps to solve the issue and it was I disabled the game mode and I run the hardware and devices troubleshooter. After doing the methods correctly, I shut down my PC and played the game for an hour. I have no longer any issues while playing the game.

I did not get any black screen issues. Anyway thanks once again for supporting me.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:03 pm 
Duke

Hm. Like, I know this is a spam post, but it looks like it may be legit useful for someone so I'm gonna let this one slide :P

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:32 pm 
Elder

Herlitz wrote:
Hm. Like, I know this is a spam post, but it looks like it may be legit useful for someone so I'm gonna let this one slide :P

The url stays on topic. Don't worry Herlitz. You will have more sheep to the ban hammer slaughter yet.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:30 am 
Duke

inkblot wrote:
Herlitz wrote:

The url stays on topic. Don't worry Herlitz. You will have more sheep to the ban hammer slaughter yet.

ye, maybe a bit more than I would like hehe :mrgreen:

OfflineProfile