Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: C4 vs C6
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:49 am 
Vagabond

Most private servers opening for the C1-C6 era of L2 are C6. Is that because most players prefer C6 over C4 these days? I'm looking for honest opinions on C4 vs C6 L2 servers and the viability of launching a C4 server.

My worry is that there aren't 300+ unique active people that want to play C4 and are looking for a new server.

I started playing back before C4 so for me - I prefer the C4 balance over C6 but I'm really interested in hearing other peoples opinion on the state of the community.

Thanks!

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: C4 vs C6
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:46 am 
Count

how old are u?

im dan, im 33 nice to meet u

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:10 am 
Baron

gobsmacked wrote:
Most private servers opening for the C1-C6 era of L2 are C6. Is that because most players prefer C6 over C4 these days? I'm looking for honest opinions on C4 vs C6 L2 servers and the viability of launching a C4 server.

My worry is that there aren't 300+ unique active people that want to play C4 and are looking for a new server.

I started playing back before C4 so for me - I prefer the C4 balance over C6 but I'm really interested in hearing other peoples opinion on the state of the community.

Thanks!
Well probably the reason for the flood of interlude servers was the availabillity of files and people in the past prefered interlude than the newer chronicles. Tho in the last few years things seem to have changed and ppl started to mourn for that nostalgia feeling that interlude cant really get you.(altho i dont see that big diffrence myself). However the truth is l2 is pretty much a dead game . There is no more flow of new players , its entirely old gen game and the player base have a natural incline.
Other problem is that a brand new server has near to 0% chance of success , no matter what chronicle is. By success i mean having big population. Nowdays only russian cashgrab projects are immensly populated , and those projects will never let another new server arise to be succesful , they would ddos its ass off (happend many times to many new servers). That being said EU community is pretty much dead.So to have success , you will need a pretty big investment for files , advertisement and protection.Even then if lets say hypothetcly you succeed and get 500+ players you will become next target for RMT companies that are basicly killing any server with big population.
What i can suggest is forget about opening a new server (unless you are damn serious about it , have lots of time ,money and dev exp.)and come play at l2firebird :) i thinks its the only real c4 left alive.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:19 am 
Count

HellItsAboutTime wrote:
gobsmacked wrote:

Thanks!
Well probably the reason for the flood of interlude servers was the availabillity of files and people in the past prefered interlude than the newer chronicles. Tho in the last few years things seem to have changed and ppl started to mourn for that nostalgia feeling that interlude cant really get you.(altho i dont see that big diffrence myself). However the truth is l2 is pretty much a dead game . There is no more flow of new players , its entirely old gen game and the player base have a natural incline.
Other problem is that a brand new server has near to 0% chance of success , no matter what chronicle is. By success i mean having big population. Nowdays only russian cashgrab projects are immensly populated , and those projects will never let another new server arise to be succesful , they would ddos its ass off (happend many times to many new servers). That being said EU community is pretty much dead.So to have success , you will need a pretty big investment for files , advertisement and protection.Even then if lets say hypothetcly you succeed and get 500+ players you will become next target for RMT companies that are basicly killing any server with big population.
What i can suggest is forget about opening a new server (unless you are damn serious about it , have lots of time ,money and dev exp.)and come play at l2firebird :) i thinks its the only real c4 left alive.

HOLLY SWEET JESUS MOTHEER OF GOD, THIS GUY CAN ACTUALLY SAY SMTH ELSE RATHER THAN "UP" )))))))))))))))

ITS A MIRACLE I TELL U

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:38 pm 
Baron

HellItsAboutTime wrote:
gobsmacked wrote:
i thinks its the only real c4 left alive.

if you call that server alive then Santa Claus is real as well
that admin never advertised his server, the players had to do it, isn't it clear that he doesn't want a big populated server ?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:41 pm 
Vagabond

For some reason Interlude is really loved.
Personally, I was looking for a C5 server, even though I started playing back in C3, for me the best chronicle was 5. While I was looking for a server to play at I was able to find only a few C4 servers which were disappointing at first, but turns out my server will eventually progress to C5 and hopefully stop there, as there are enough Interlude servers as is :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:25 pm 
Baron

Kush wrote:
HellItsAboutTime wrote:
gobsmacked wrote:
i thinks its the only real c4 left alive.

if you call that server alive then Santa Claus is real as well
that admin never advertised his server, the players had to do it, isn't it clear that he doesn't want a big populated server ?
You are right , i shouldve noted that everyone have diffrent views for "alive" servers . But if you had read what i wrote you wouldnt quote me that. So yes my definition of alive server is 100-200 players with 2 sides. And your definition is (correct me if im wrong) : 1k players 1 sided ally full RMT (i hope you know for wich server im talking about). That being said , i prefer lower population servers , less kids , less RMT , no zerg ,no lags , no Ddos and my progress in the server stays for long time with no chance of wipe.
P.S i dont want to argue with you , this is just my opinion
P.S 2 Not everyone likes big population servers mostly for the above stated reasons.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:19 pm 
Count

Quote:
my progress in the server stays for long time with no chance of wipe.

hell wtf man :)))), who's the kid now )))))

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:53 pm 
Baron

spoilez wrote:
Quote:
my progress in the server stays for long time with no chance of wipe.

hell wtf man :)))), who's the kid now )))))
what? :D

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:13 pm 
Vagabond

spoilez wrote:
how old are u?

im dan, im 33 nice to meet u

I'm in my mid thirties and I've been playing L2 for approx. 16 years on and off now. :) nice to meet you too!

HellItsAboutTime wrote:
Nowdays only russian cashgrab projects are immensly populated , and those projects will never let another new server arise to be succesful , they would ddos its ass off (happend many times to many new servers). That being said EU community is pretty much dead.So to have success , you will need a pretty big investment for files , advertisement and protection.Even then if lets say hypothetcly you succeed and get 500+ players you will become next target for RMT companies that are basicly killing any server with big population.

L2Firebird seems like a nice server but the population is too low for me to invest in it. I like for there to be multiple clans competing to be the best - otherwise I don't find L2 as much fun.

I'm ready to invest in advertisement and reach out to MMO community if that's what it takes to find the players. This project wouldn't be a money making project but I hope it could get enough support to pay for the servers after the initial investment. I also realize the initial investment will be around 5k to advertise and pay for the server cloud hardware (not including all dev etc.)

Yes, I agree that any good project will be DDOS'd for sure! It is important to have multiple access points to the server and to have anti-ddos software at the network level. My team has prepared both of these solutions so we should be able to effectively handle most/all DDOS attacks.

Stopping RMT is a matter of investigation - my friends and I have techniques that can be used to suppress RMT that I believe will be effective. If the methods we use are not effective then we would review and come up with new plans.

--------------------------

Thanks for all the feedback. It's appreciated :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:52 am 
Count

matthewed wrote:
Me too. L2Firebird seems like a nice server but the population is too low for me to invest in it.

what do u wanna invest in it my brother?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:50 pm 
Vassal

HellItsAboutTime wrote:

And then I saw your name, respect for Firebird, I stopped playing there, but it's a good server.

OfflineProfile