Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Official server creation
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:44 pm 
Vagabond

Hello, so I've seen so many L2 servers that are trash. GM's don't understand what people want to play and it is frustrating for everyone.

When I joined L2 Reborn even though it had 10 people I knew it would be successful because GM's created a stable project with 0(!!!) interference and no p2w no box.

I was thinking about starting an L2 server with chronicle progression from C1-C5 or straight up C6 without box, vip, pay 2 win. I am certain that people would join a project like that.

I have money to buy files and server protection etc but I have no technical knowledge to fix bugs etc or how to put it together. Is server creation difficult, and is protection from DDos attacks a matter of what you pay or how much you know? Can I learn how to run a server? Can I buy protection?

Last edited by BastiColler on Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Official server creation
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:49 am 
Vagabond

you can do all of those things but I don't think this forum is the right place to ask that question. You can find the answer if you search it on google or any searching tool

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:18 am 
Vagabond

I think a well executed project would do well but keep in mind that only having the intent is not enough.

If you want to develop a server like that you need development experience and a good budget to invest in the server for a long time. I'm quite sure no one will join a raw c1 server nowadays, the server core is old, the client is not optimized for new hardware, you will need to do something like NCSoft did with Classic of downgrading an up to date client to start from c1 with updated graphics and optimized server and client otherwise it will be very hard for people to play.

Also for the progression, you will need experience, probably you will be running l2j to be able to make any modifications in the way you like and you will need to follow the official patch notes. I've seen projects doing it like l2classic.club and it's a 8/5 hours job for probably more than one experienced developer.

And last but not least, you need to understand if the idea makes sense and if people want that, it's not because you like it that people will like it too. Do a research look into google trends for example, join communities and understand what people are looking for giving you will have to spend some months to get this project ready to start you don't want to spend it for anything.

I wish you good luck in your project!

http://lineage2evo.com/

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:48 am 
Vagabond

Netto# wrote:
I think a well executed project would do well but keep in mind that only having the intent is not enough.

If you want to develop a server like that you need development experience and a good budget to invest in the server for a long time. I'm quite sure no one will join a raw c1 server nowadays, the server core is old, the client is not optimized for new hardware, you will need to do something like NCSoft did with Classic of downgrading an up to date client to start from c1 with updated graphics and optimized server and client otherwise it will be very hard for people to play.

Also for the progression, you will need experience, probably you will be running l2j to be able to make any modifications in the way you like and you will need to follow the official patch notes. I've seen projects doing it like l2classic.club and it's a 8/5 hours job for probably more than one experienced developer.

And last but not least, you need to understand if the idea makes sense and if people want that, it's not because you like it that people will like it too. Do a research look into google trends for example, join communities and understand what people are looking for giving you will have to spend some months to get this project ready to start you don't want to spend it for anything.

I wish you good luck in your project!

Thanks, I'll have a look.

OfflineProfile