Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Oh the nostalgia
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:36 am 
Vagabond

This always hits hard, I always leave this game but end up coming back - it's just so many teen times memories. I wanna live a part of it again, like the old times, when we weren't rushing the game but were legit enjoying. I made up my mind on starting on l2 club, the only viable classic server that could at least give me some vintage feeling. I used to play there back in 2018, but quit. My cp still plays though, I can get adena and a buffer and pretty much everything but no, I'll start alone, telling no one, meeting new people, having random parties. I won't care about competition, hell I may even play 3 hours per week. Now why do you all care about this? Of course you don't. But here's a good question, which class should I choose to be able to travel back in time when all classes truly mattered, and the race had actually big impact on playstyle. Bare in mind that I will not have a cp and will most likely farm solo, maybe even without a buffer, just pure me and my adventurer (not the class). I was thinking of DA but humans never appealed to me. Maybe a TK but I had had enough light elves. Maybe a SK, but will anyone really consider me a tank when it comes to random partying? I will not go for DDs. But again maybe a BD could do, but won't it take long to like this class? Who knows, hit me up with ideas fellows!
Sincerely
(PS: What's more I would even love to main a bishop or prophet, but is it possible to solo them? I never tried before.)

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Oh the nostalgia
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:24 pm 
Viscount

i dont get the point of this post :D for nostalgia go youtube type dion/hunters village theme and discuss in comments :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:37 pm 
Vagabond

The main point of the past is in the last lines where I ask suggestions for class.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:29 am 
Duke

For purely nostalgia purposes, pick a char that you enjoy. Club is Classic and dualbox is for premium account only so leveling up solo will be tough no matter what. On the bright side, Club is already on Zaken patch so once you get 50+, you can level up fairly easily by participating in "raid marathons" that take place always at 20:00 (you either join a party or hit on your own and you get tons of exp).

Bishop is extremelly hard to level up solo. You both make virtually zero progress in solo exp and you rarely get invited into raid parties (usually ES/WK work as healers there). Prophet is also tough since you're not "most wanted" in parties either, but with some selfbuff you can at least do some basic farming. If I were to suggest a specific char for solo play, I'd say a summoner - ES/WK are probably the easiest ones but PS is also viable for solo play.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:07 am 
Duke

jbaileyjm wrote:
Now why do you all care about this? Of course you don't. But here's a good question, which class should I choose to be able to travel back in time when all classes truly mattered, and the race had actually big impact on playstyle. Bare in mind that I will not have a cp and will most likely farm solo, maybe even without a buffer, just pure me and my adventurer (not the class).

For purely solo adventure, summoners have always been the answer :wink: They're very powerful on classic, especially the ES/WK who have the recharging pets, which gives them a free pass in most early RBs (easy heal).

OfflineProfile