Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: S gear weapons and S soulshots on interlude...
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:29 am 
Vagabond

Hello : P
I came back to l2 after 12 years lol
I'm a complete noob rite now : P

I'm playing on both offiicial classic (Skelth) and a private Interlude x3 server.

My questions for interlude, after lots of search, are still not answered as most search resuls give info about modern l2...

How are you supposed to find S gear and S weapons/soulshots in interlude? Raid bossess? Some quests? Adena also.. My best source of income in that private server has been selling a few spare server coins I had to buy a-grade gear and weapon.
Dunno what am I doing wrong... I started playing from day 1 of server 2 months ago but others are progressing so much faster in terms of gear and adena and it just feel hopeless trying to keep up lol
I only play one character, they play 10 windows with crafters and so maybe? : P
Clearly they have much more experience than me that I understand. But if there are any helpful answers or guides for interlude to help me understand all that i will be really grateful : P

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: S gear weapons and S soulshots on interlude...
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:45 pm 
Duke

Roadrunner wrote:
I started playing from day 1 of server 2 months ago but others are progressing so much faster in terms of gear and adena and it just feel hopeless trying to keep up lol

I don't think this mindset is very healthy, you should play at your own pace. Don't get me wrong, I fully support competition and am competitive myself, but you simply cannot compete in this game if you can't invest a lot of time (and/or money where applicable). Lineage 2 from an equipment point of view is a game of grind where the main thing that matters is the amount of time you can invest (efficiency too, but that's secondary).
That being said, you mentioned server coins. If they're tradeable that's how players got ahead of you - they buy coins with real money and sell them ingame. It's shitty, but it's the current state of most private servers right now.

Regarding your other questions, S gear (including shots) is dropped by raids or crafted by dwarves. IIRC shots can only be crafted, they don't drop from mobs/raids. The most reliable way of getting S gear is simply farming the mats and crafting them, just like B and A-grade gear. If your server sells B or A-grade gear, that's a custom feature and not retail-like.
There are some quests which help with gathering materials and recipes; the most notable ones would be Varka/Ketra alliance quest, the Forge of Gods quest, the Imperial Tomb quest; plus some other I've probably missed.

My advice is to get a clan and play with them, it's the easiest way of getting your hands on farm and levels if you don't wanna play multiple characters.
If you wanna solo, you'll need a main char, a dwarf for making money and a buffer (if the server you're playing doesn't offer buffs).

Out of curiosity, what's the Interlude server that you're playing?

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:05 pm 
Viscount

to be honest in interlude aka c6 s grade is top eq, so its not easy to get, in interlude a grd sets are more than enough for random people like you or me :) depends on class, if you are mage go for dc robe cause its best set in interlude for mage even major arcana is worse. Archers and daggers can live with mj light with no problem, dc nm heavy for tank is also enough, other dd who needs heavy crafts tallum h set that is also best h set in c6.
But if you have a grd and have some extra money mats, just buy recipes from people, or you can do quests like dude before me mentioned, but solo it will be hard. Especially armors quest in ketra varka since you need to kill raids and tons and tons of mobs. So i suggest buying recipes and crafting, roll a spoiler focus on mats you need for crafting. But my suggestion would be stay with a grd armors and get s grd weapon, either buy or craft

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:28 pm 
Vagabond

Hello thanks for the answers : D
Everything noted : D

It's L2Canyon. Coins of luck will only buy you quests and sp and xp boosts but not anything crazy. Also premium account with more teleports and so. There is no ingame store for buy anything all u have to find urself : P
As example to buy subclass quest you need 30 coins of luck (30euros) while 3months premium is just 10coins.
I just managed my third class transfer mostly solo.
I bought leather armor of nitemare as all my passive buffs and the class suggest light armor and it was the most affordable to me : P
The problem with this server is outworld mode... I think they did it as anti-bot and the population, even though high as far as im aware (when it comes to private servers) is mostly afk farming lol
You vote for server, type .outworld in peace zones and u farm and level up. It seemed cool but most people seem to hate it now as there are 500 online of which 450 are afk farming or so.
I don't mind much as I like solo to be honest even though I entered a clan.
Right now I wanna do subclass but it seems worse than third class quests. 3 raid bossess? damn : PP
As for the dual box gameplay it's just my opinion that it takes the fun away. I like to have 1 character and enjoy the game more.
I seen a friend in another MMO game (shaiya) with 3-4 windows open and that didn't look like fun at all to me lol

ps. I paid mostly to get the teleports and to support server. I know it takes money and time to do a server of such scale. I didn't wanna give me boost with money ingame.
But now I realise that private servers have a lifespan of 4-5 months and I wonder if my premium account will make its 6months worth lol

ps.2 sorry for many edits... for S recipes you mean the Orc/Varka alliance quest that was also needed for third class transfer? I'll have to make it level 5 right?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:41 am 
Duke

Roadrunner wrote:
for S recipes you mean the Orc/Varka alliance quest that was also needed for third class transfer? I'll have to make it level 5 right?

Yes, those quests. I don't remember whether you really need lvl 5 though, it's been a while since I did them. I would assume you do.
Note that they involve raid bosses like GraciaFinal said, so you'll need help from your clan.

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:23 pm 
Viscount

Roadrunner wrote:
Hello thanks for the answers : D
Everything noted : D

It's L2Canyon. Coins of luck will only buy you quests and sp and xp boosts but not anything crazy. Also premium account with more teleports and so. There is no ingame store for buy anything all u have to find urself : P
As example to buy subclass quest you need 30 coins of luck (30euros) while 3months premium is just 10coins.
I just managed my third class transfer mostly solo.
I bought leather armor of nitemare as all my passive buffs and the class suggest light armor and it was the most affordable to me : P
The problem with this server is outworld mode... I think they did it as anti-bot and the population, even though high as far as im aware (when it comes to private servers) is mostly afk farming lol
You vote for server, type .outworld in peace zones and u farm and level up. It seemed cool but most people seem to hate it now as there are 500 online of which 450 are afk farming or so.
I don't mind much as I like solo to be honest even though I entered a clan.
Right now I wanna do subclass but it seems worse than third class quests. 3 raid bossess? damn : PP
As for the dual box gameplay it's just my opinion that it takes the fun away. I like to have 1 character and enjoy the game more.
I seen a friend in another MMO game (shaiya) with 3-4 windows open and that didn't look like fun at all to me lol

ps. I paid mostly to get the teleports and to support server. I know it takes money and time to do a server of such scale. I didn't wanna give me boost with money ingame.
But now I realise that private servers have a lifespan of 4-5 months and I wonder if my premium account will make its 6months worth lol

ps.2 sorry for many edits... for S recipes you mean the Orc/Varka alliance quest that was also needed for third class transfer? I'll have to make it level 5 right?

sry, i think i missed or maybe you didnt mentioned your main class, you said you brought nm light, i wonder what class for, tell us what buffer you have , what grade items on main etc, so we can say what set/weapon is better for you.

yep for s armor recipes you need 5 lvl of alliance with either ketra or varka, choose the one that you have done 3rd class quest, you should have 2 lvl ally already so it would be faster, but dont forget you need to ill 2 or 3 raids in those zones, that will be not easy, unless server has not much online and random parties at night searching for people (again it matters what is your main class or if you close to subclass choose the one that is needed in raids parties in c6 , usually sws bd and healers and rare) here is all info about that quest https://lineage.pmfun.com/list/quest-mo ... ketra-orcs

but like i said i suggest you to focus on s weapon more than set, ill give more opinion when you post your class and items lvl etc.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:25 pm 
Vagabond

I moved to L2Warland already :mrgreen:

L2Canyon is going south fast but suggestions still apply as I made same class in Warland, Orc Tyrant : P

Dragon grinder - leather armor of nightmare set I had managed there. If they sux, feel free to tell me and give suggestions : D

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:16 pm 
Duke

Get Draconic leather armor on Tyrant when you can afford it. Nightmare is fine for PvE or if you're having issues with getting rooted/sleeped, but I'm guessing getting rooted isn't a major concern on a server with NPC buffers.
Don't sell the NM set though, just warehouse it. You might find it useful at some point if you're ever going to oly against a SE, EE or even Orc Mystics.

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:02 pm 
Viscount

Roadrunner wrote:
I moved to L2Warland already :mrgreen:

L2Canyon is going south fast but suggestions still apply as I made same class in Warland, Orc Tyrant : P

Dragon grinder - leather armor of nightmare set I had managed there. If they sux, feel free to tell me and give suggestions : D

not sure if this server have npc/gm shop, do you need to craft c b a grades? in c6 tyrant is pretty op with tallum heavy untill draconic, since passive mastery bonus for light in c6 is crap compared to gracia/h5. Nm l is also good for farm cause of vampyric. If server has soul crystals in npc shop 11 12 stages, get blood tornado a fists and make focus sa, if no, stay with dragon grinders. you can roll with a grd and dont care about s grd much to be honest, untill you get subclasses, then roll a spoiler and try crafting demon splinters or ust sell mats/recipes and parts you spoiled for high price and save money to buy s grd weapon.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:24 am 
Vagabond

Icarus wrote:
Get Draconic leather armor on Tyrant when you can afford it. Nightmare is fine for PvE or if you're having issues with getting rooted/sleeped, but I'm guessing getting rooted isn't a major concern on a server with NPC buffers. mcdvoice survey
Don't sell the NM set though, just warehouse it. You might find it useful at some point if you're ever going to oly against a SE, EE or even Orc Mystics.

That being said, you mentioned server coins. If they're tradeable that's how players got ahead of you - they buy coins with real money and sell them ingame. It's shitty, but it's the current state of most private servers right now.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:32 pm 
Vagabond

mamypatchblogol wrote:
Icarus wrote:
Get Draconic leather armor on Tyrant when you can afford it. Nightmare is fine for PvE or if you're having issues with getting rooted/sleeped, but I'm guessing getting rooted isn't a major concern on a server with NPC buffers. mcdvoice survey

the servers are getting better with time, have patience budd

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:39 am 
Vagabond

Roadrunner wrote:
Hello : P
I came back to l2 after 12 years lol
I'm a complete noob rite now : P

I'm playing on both offiicial classic (Skelth) and a private Interlude x3 server.

My questions for interlude, after lots of search, are still not answered as most search resuls give info about modern l2...

How are you supposed to find S gear and S weapons/soulshots in interlude? Raid bossess? Some quests? Adena also.. My best source of income in that private server has been selling a few spare server coins I had to buy a-grade gear and weapon.
Dunno what am I doing wrong... I started playing from day 1 of server 2 months ago but others are progressing so much faster in terms of gear and adena and it just feel hopeless trying to keep up lol
I only play one character, they play 10 windows with crafters and so maybe? : P
Clearly they have much more experience than me that I understand. But if there are any helpful answers or guides for interlude to help me understand all that i will be really grateful : P

4 sepulchers is awesome, the only downside is that you'll need high level characters.

OfflineProfile