Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Soulhound buffs
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:39 pm 
Vagabond

Hello! I'm playing on a midrate h5 server and I want to start playing a soulhound. I learned things about the class (never played it) by reading bunch of topics across forums, but I still need some help regarding buffs, mostly because it's a hybrid class and idk what buffs to choose from fighter scheme and mage one. I can create my own scheme. Can you guys please share the correct buffs for this class? Many thanks in advance :)

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Soulhound buffs
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:49 pm 
Viscount

dont play slh in h5. slh were fun to play in gracia final chronicle. later they became nerfed and since they are bound with light armor and insanely low con stats, dont try it as new char. Better take destro or tyrant and enjoy game

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:31 am 
Elder

Telling people what they should or shouldn't play is why a lot of people despise this game's community and overall playerbase. You can enjoy the game playing different classes, not only by picking a right click class like Titan or GK.

Regarding OP's question, even though it is indeed an hybrid class in theory, this shouldn't concern you too much outside of olympiad. Both in PvE and single/party PvP the way to go will almost always be mage-like. Three reasons:

1. Low pdef and HP pool means you will get decimated by most melee attackers.
2. In party play your job will be to debuff and mark specific targets. Can't do that if you're dead.
3. You will do more damage as a mage, this is non-debatable as long as you gear and buff for it.

I'm not saying you can't play SH the hybrid way, but you will be a jack of all trades, master of none.

If you do want to play hybrid, then focus on getting the full set of warrior buffs, and leave out focus and song of hunter (You have Furious Soul to use against mages and certain classes which puts you over the 500 crit stat). You will be concentrating on alternating spells along with shining edge, so you will need about 3 extra buffs. Dance of Mystic (for m atk) and Acumen and Dance of Concentration (for casting speed). Get CoV instead of one of the prophecies.

There's really not much else to add in terms of buffs. You should never use Berserker Spirit or Dance of Berserker at least during PvP, your HP pool is pitiful so you'll likely die too soon with the reduced defenses.

I'm an almost exclusively Kamael player in H5, and trust me, whether it's low, mid or high rate, Soulhound is way better as a mage than as a hybrid class (even though hybrid is really fun, but way more fun in low rate where people don't have full buffs), and like I said, your only concern when it comes to hybrid play should be on olympiad against a handful of classes. Against most enemies you will likely focus on kiting and nuking (Most warrior classes, daggers, summoners, healers and tanks).

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:41 pm 
Viscount

HagenEx wrote:
Telling people what they should or shouldn't play is why a lot of people despise this game's community and overall playerbase. You can enjoy the game playing different classes, not only by picking a right click class like Titan or GK.

Regarding OP's question, even though it is indeed an hybrid class in theory, this shouldn't concern you too much outside of olympiad. Both in PvE and single/party PvP the way to go will almost always be mage-like. Three reasons:

1. Low pdef and HP pool means you will get decimated by most melee attackers.
2. In party play your job will be to debuff and mark specific targets. Can't do that if you're dead.
3. You will do more damage as a mage, this is non-debatable as long as you gear and buff for it.

I'm not saying you can't play SH the hybrid way, but you will be a jack of all trades, master of none.

If you do want to play hybrid, then focus on getting the full set of warrior buffs, and leave out focus and song of hunter (You have Furious Soul to use against mages and certain classes which puts you over the 500 crit stat). You will be concentrating on alternating spells along with shining edge, so you will need about 3 extra buffs. Dance of Mystic (for m atk) and Acumen and Dance of Concentration (for casting speed). Get CoV instead of one of the prophecies.

There's really not much else to add in terms of buffs. You should never use Berserker Spirit or Dance of Berserker at least during PvP, your HP pool is pitiful so you'll likely die too soon with the reduced defenses.

I'm an almost exclusively Kamael player in H5, and trust me, whether it's low, mid or high rate, Soulhound is way better as a mage than as a hybrid class (even though hybrid is really fun, but way more fun in low rate where people don't have full buffs), and like I said, your only concern when it comes to hybrid play should be on olympiad against a handful of classes. Against most enemies you will likely focus on kiting and nuking (Most warrior classes, daggers, summoners, healers and tanks).

like i sadi it was fun back in gracia final, in h5 they are needed for heroes and death mark on raids/boss. in pvp h5 is diferent and kamaels era is gone.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:04 pm 
Vagabond

Soul hound is a hybrid class, which means it can do a great damage on both, magic and fighter. This happens because in Essence they implemented physical skill that provides magic debuff to be able to use the magic skill with more power on the debuff landed. It has great DPS when under its second transformation, is extremely strong for 1v1 combat, especially against robe user classes due to multiple attacks coming from a skill with low coldown, various immobilization and paralize debuffs that keep the enemy from playing. However in the current essence patch it has a big disadvantage related to its very low HP and for not having received rework like the vast majority of other classes, but it is not far from receiving its boost! There are currently only a few classes left that will be upgraded in korea and soul hound is one of them!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:42 pm 
Vagabond

Lets see the skills ,starting by the most important passive ones!!

OfflineProfile