Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Interlude / Gracia Final / High Five - Main differences?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:17 pm 
Vagabond

Hey guys.

Need some help from more experienced players here. Thanks in advance!

I've played C4 - Interlude only and I know it very very well.

What are the major gameplay differences between Gracia Final and High Five?

I know there are new races, new skills but in general, what has changed? I don't need to hear all the details but in terms of playstyle - what are the key things?

Different party composition? A different way to level up? Viable class switch? Did game switch from more PVE to more PVP? If somebody could point of the major differences and things I should realize before jumping on such server - I'm gonna be VERY thanksful. THX

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Interlude / Gracia Final / High Five - Main differences?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:16 pm 
Vassal

In high five, the gameplay became more dynamic. Fighter classes like gladiator, tyrants, destroyers received gap closers which is totally game-changing.
It also feels like endgame is reachable slightly earlier compared to gracia final.

In general, high five feels like glad, tyrant, nukers chronicle (and of course tanks, but not quite as much as in Freya chronicle).

Has it become more PvE or more PvP? I can't really tell on the whole, but what I can tell you is in high five you can be more successful playing alone with a box or two up to end-game.

All in all, high five seems a little bit easier for players with no CP, but is it more fun? You should just check it out. In my opinion, if you are looking for some more varied gameplay, you could as well try one of the official servers featuring the newest chronicles.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:00 am 
Duke

Yes, many fighter classes like gladi or destros got gap-closers so they're much stronger than they used to be, but generally speaking, H5 is one of the most balanced chronicles NCsoft has ever made. When compared to Interlude, the only way to be relevant damage dealer in PvP was to make archer or nuker, because you usually died before you reached someone with melee fighter class. The game is also much more dynamic, the old archer's skillbar F1 - attack, F2 - CP potion, F3 - BSOE just won't do anymore - you're forced to use much more skills because regular attacks just don't do enough damage.

In addition to what UFF said, I'd just add that there's just plenty more ways to improve your chars on H5 - Interlude was just level up -> craft DC robe -> craft AM -> basically done, just enchant... On H5 there's a lot to do before reaching the 'ultimate late game' :wink:

OnlineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:18 pm 
Viscount

Herlitz wrote:
Yes, many fighter classes like gladi or destros got gap-closers so they're much stronger than they used to be, but generally speaking, H5 is one of the most balanced chronicles NCsoft has ever made. When compared to Interlude, the only way to be relevant damage dealer in PvP was to make archer or nuker, because you usually died before you reached someone with melee fighter class. The game is also much more dynamic, the old archer's skillbar F1 - attack, F2 - CP potion, F3 - BSOE just won't do anymore - you're forced to use much more skills because regular attacks just don't do enough damage.

In addition to what UFF said, I'd just add that there's just plenty more ways to improve your chars on H5 - Interlude was just level up -> craft DC robe -> craft AM -> basically done, just enchant... On H5 there's a lot to do before reaching the 'ultimate late game' :wink:

no it wasnt like that, also not only mages played... in x1 - x3 interlude, c b grade was valuable too and it took months to level up to higher levels. plated/karmian, Doom/BW sets, later tallum/dc/mj/nm, s grade was like holy grail, many didnt even seen s grade for months or even years when interlude was on global or first decent private servers opened with low rates. Gracia had great stuff, but also bad, kamael were op and broken, attributes were broken, vitality and common items disbalanced game. And h5 entirely was created for global, for new ppl to catch up with old ones, even in x1 x2 x3 rates nevit blessing and various vitality items made even global feel like mid rate server, i have no idea why privates keeps opening h5 and then closing it after 2 months... its so obvious that it just dont fit with private server style...
recently few servers made decent stuff with combining c6 and gracia, removing kamaels/vitality/common items, but leaving good things from gracia (shockworld comes to mind), if only more ppl would go there ;\

OfflineProfile