Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Lineage 2 will die if admins continue scamming the community
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2023 4:14 pm 
Vassal

Greetings, dear friends.

Nice image, right? Bait title, too.

Now that I have your attention, please read.

---

As a server admin since ~2010, I've seen the rise and fall of Lineage 2 like few others. Over the years, I've watched the popularity of this game decrease, and the decline in players is very noticeable. The data from platforms like Google Trends reflects this reality, with Lineage 2 losing about 10% of its search volume year after year. We are at an all time low of -97% from the peak. It's not just a statistic; it's the reality of the amount of new servers, developer innovation, and online players too.

We've long lost the battle on graphics to other games. What other things do we have an advantage over other games? The gameplay? Every game is unique, so that doesn't count. It's all about us, the community and it's ecosystem, how we interact with each other. There's no other point. Lineage 2 is in a dangerous spot because the community is constantly diminishing because of corruption and a lack of integrity from admins, developers, clan leaders, and big donators.

But this post isn't about giving you sad info; it's about creating the future for Lineage 2 with determination and hope. It's a call to action, a motivational post to all developers, administrators, and players who still care about Lineage 2. The time has come for us to step up, to be better individuals, to stop scamming one another, and to reignite our passion for this amazing game. The fate of Lineage 2 rests in our hands, and together, we can breathe new life into it. If you don't care about this game, please leave. Leave so we all can have more fun without you around.

Those of us who are all still here, are here because at some point in time, we saw greatness in Lineage 2 and were really impressed by that. Lineage 2 is more than a game, it has evolved into a whole ecosystem (and this forum is part of it) - and not only admins and developers are responsible for its growth or decline, influential players like big donators and clan leaders are responsible too.

The biggest problem I see is that players are tired of getting scammed, and servers are fucking booooooooooring, mind killers. The game is 20 years old, why are so many of you still hating on stuff that deviates from retail? Don't you want some innovation? It's always the same story. Hype a new server up, extract money, close shop, repeat. There's very few legit and innovative servers around, and you, as an Admin - could take advantage of that; and as a Player, why are you not protesting? Why do you keep playing shit servers? Why are you okay with getting scammed?

I don't need to put out specific examples and roast specific server admins for being absolute pieces of garbage for repeatedly scamming the community over and over again, never improving the server and making it all about advertising. Same goes to the supporters and promoters of such servers. We all know who those are, and I'm not interested in these people, they have damaged the community enough. I think it's best to just ignore them, don't give them any attention at all. In crypto this is called pump and dump. The same happens with the game's industry, overhyped, overpriced garbage gets pushed in front of illusioned people who then get scammed. Think Diablo 4.

---

The power is yours. You have the power to change things. You have way more power than you think. As an Admin, stop scamming people, make truly unique servers people want to play and create a community around it. As a Player, demand more quality for your time, reject servers whose only intention is to get your money. They don't care about you, they just want your wallet. Stop getting scammed. And just as important, stop asking for corruption to admins. Yes, you are part of the problem if, as a player, you want an unfair server. As a gamer, stop eating shit from Blizzard and similar. Support independent studios and devs who truly care and give you tons of fun. Don't trust the big media, just like you wouldn't trust some voting sites (not naming any, but if you know, you know).

The way I think is most beneficial for Admins and Developers to see themselves is as Guardians of the community, not as exploiters. Gain your community's trust and give them what they want, you will be happier and richer. Develop truly useful stuff that will make everyone's life better. Infuse joy into everyone's life.

Scam servers do LESS money than you think, and damage the community MORE than you think, too. How many friends do you know that have quit L2 after donating when a server is closing? Long term servers give more value to players AND more money to admins. Who wants to constantly advertise new openings? Who wants to constantly wipe all the player's progress? It's extra work for less money. Outlast your competition and have fun with all the extra money for less work that you'll get. Players will also appreciate you for not deleting their donations every 2 weeks, which is what most servers seem to last. Shitty servers that wipe often and keep all the donation money make players donate LESS on your own and other servers as they are insecure that their donations will last a long time. Same happens with commitment and wipes. Players will reward you for your consistent updates, not for your consistent wipes.

---

OKAY. PLEASE. If you want Lineage 2 to continue being on life-support and eventually die, continue as you are doing, that's where we'll go as a community. If you want L2 to get up and walk again, maybe even run - one could hope that one day it might even fly! - Go and change things. Do something better. Offer more value. Bring more fun.

Imagine a Lineage 2 ecosystem where players trust that servers will last a long time and where they will have tons of fun. Where innovation is fierce because there's SO many players loving the game and donating. Do you think we can do it? I'm doing my part, but it doesn't depend only on me, it's on the whole community.

ADMINS: Stop launching scam servers. Do what you believe is most fun, be passionate. Care for your community. Prioritize integrity, fairness, and transparency. Don't be a corrupt piece of crap. Don't pay clans to join your server. Make a server so good they'll accept stop getting paid to have fun.

PLAYERS: Stop joining scam servers. Support new, innovative, transparent servers, who care about you and don't have the sole objective of destroying your wallet. Stop asking for admins to be corrupted just for your special donation request - if you do this you are part of the problem. Demand your clan's leader to give you FUN, make them join the fun servers, not the servers where they are getting paid. Don't support Clan Leaders who use you as a number to get money from Admins when joining. Are you a sheep, blindly going to where your Clan Leader is paid more? Or do you respect your time and want to have fun in this amazing game?

I believe everyone reading this is 25+ years old. I'm 32, I've been doing this stuff for half my life. Isn't it time you set new standards for your life? We'll all be happier and enjoy L2, our own collective amazing game, more! I'd love to see new legit and fun servers pop up and be successful. We made this game into what it is today, I'm sure we can change its destiny into something we all benefit more from.

---

I am doing EVERYTHING possible to change its destiny, and to change the gaming industry. I mean what I say. Be like me and create a better world. Reject scam servers, build fun and amazing servers. I'd like to be kept accountable for what I write. My server is https://l2aqua.net , and you'll never see me do any of that trash. Watch me tryhard to make a better world.

As a side note, I'm not only doing this for L2, I'm also doing this for another different MMORPG genre.

I hope you all step up your game. We will all benefit from it.

Thank you for coming to my ted talk.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Lineage 2 will die if admins continue scamming the commu
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2023 8:48 am 
Duke

Wow what a wall of text :o And I agree with most of it except
Quote:
servers are fucking booooooooooring, mind killers. The game is 20 years old, why are so many of you still hating on stuff that deviates from retail? Don't you want some innovation? It's always the same story.

I don't really think it is necessary to make innovations. Yes, there are servers that benefit from customizations but there are servers which are just fine running the old game as it is. Different strokes for different folks. It's always been like this, there are people who want to see those enormous dusk shields and wings and different custom NPCs spawned all over the place, and there are people who do not accept even slightest changes. Personally I'm pretty much in the middle, I like to see some improvements where improvements can be beneficial, I only draw a line where custom textures from outside of the retail files are being added to the game, BUT I respect the point of view of both previously mentioned groups. Anyway, people running servers just for money is just part of the problem. There are plenty of honest servers out there with honest admins, but the problem is that there are too many servers for the current community of players. Too many (even honest) people want to run their own server because they believe they will run it just right with the right settings, but since there aren't enough people to properly fill all of these servers, they instead get split amongst all of them, which cause the obvious downwards spiral where people end up leaving because there are not enough people. In other words, while a single decent server with 500 online people can live long and prosper, 5 servers with 100 people will eventually die. My point is, admins who actually care about the game should find a way to cooperate to run united projects rather than fighting each other for the community with their own servers.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:47 pm 
Vagabond

For this reason of community dying is exactly why I'm working on a community server for casuals. I would say almost all of my old L2 friends, want to play but don't have the time, and are willing to play once per week (This is never enough on normal servers).

Very niche, however with this format you can come along and attend the server weekly like a club and just enjoy.

There will be none of this scamming, hiding from the player base and no silly corruption. In fact all of those would be difficult in this type of server.

Anyone that wants to get involved let me know I can send discord link. or just google L2 casuals.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2023 6:14 am 
Elder

Nah, I don't care for innovation. I just want to play the core game the way it was supposed to be. Now, the first server that will make English its main language and ban all the monkeys who can't speak it, I will gladly support.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:46 am 
Vagabond

Looking forward to ICE [x1] :P

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:22 am 
Marquis

Trustmebro wrote:
Nah, I don't care for innovation. I just want to play the core game the way it was supposed to be. Now, the first server that will make English its main language and ban all the monkeys who can't speak it, I will gladly support.

The only reason this game is still alive its the russians tbh :D

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:57 pm 
Elder

bemyfrag wrote:

The only reason this game is still alive its the russians tbh :D

Well, that point is irrelevant to me. The game might as well be dead if there are no servers enforcing the English language.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:37 am 
Vassal

It is simple ...
you will see phantom chars/bots F*CK SERVER LIKE THIS
you will see party which ask real money for playing F*CK SERVER LIKE THIS
you will see retarded amount adena (on l2eve fresh 1x interlude probably admin or his friends is selling 4b adena while everyone is in D grade) .... F*CK SERVER LIKE THIS
If someone say on website 6k online, casual locations are empty and other server with 1k online seems more full ... F*CK SERVER LIKE THIS

If expectations from l2 projects are low, their quality is also low. Don't let scam yourselves. Time is expensive from all of us :)

Open your eyes!

For example, I play one project a year that has a over 15 years history and i know that I won't be scammed there (maybe by players but not by admins :lol: ).

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:42 am 
Vassal

Oh, i almost forgot last thing .... if someone open projects every month and delete whole history of previous F*CK SERVER LIKE THIS

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:21 am 
Duke

Fetuchini wrote:
For example, I play one project a year that has a over 15 years history and i know that I won't be scammed there (maybe by players but not by admins :lol: ).

Which one? :o

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2023 12:39 pm 
Baron

It's not just Lineage 2, the whole gaming industry shifted into a money-grab mentality. Admins these days only make a server with monetary gain in mind, hence why most servers are unplayable if you're aware of what's happening behind the scenes.

All I can say is SUPPORT L2Aqua, their server is probably the only remaining hope for a fair and long-lasting experience in this game.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2023 12:50 pm 
Vagabond

Brick wrote:
It's not just Lineage 2, the whole gaming industry shifted into a money-grab mentality. Admins these days only make a server with monetary gain in mind, hence why most servers are unplayable if you're aware of what's happening behind the scenes.

All I can say is SUPPORT L2Aqua, their server is probably the only remaining hope for a fair and long-lasting experience in this game.

True but I don't agree about l2 aqua. Such projects exist from years and they are well known. Saying l2aqua is the only remaining hope for long lasting server is just weird. L2 aqua was reopening PvP servers for years , no?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:33 am 
Vassal

Herlitz wrote:
Fetuchini wrote:

Czech one :shock:

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:52 am 
Duke

Fetuchini wrote:
Herlitz wrote:
Fetuchini wrote:

Czech one :shock:

Don't be shy, say a specific one :D

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:15 am 
Elder

Infinite Elmore, Lineage2.cz

H5 x10 this year

OfflineProfile