Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Soultaker - Wrath - worth of use?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:24 pm 
Count

Okay, my experiances from pvp faded with time, so im nubcake starting L2 again, but thats not the point. I would like to ask you if a necro is worth char to play in hellbound (wrath) server. I have no idea what punishment i will deliver/receive in pvp, what are the advantages and what are weaknesess of it. Im interrested in it cause of shitloadz of debuffs and TP, so i guess it has options against many classes. But, i dont know land rates, durations, or if that effects are worth using it.............and so on.

Another point, im soler (anyway, joining a fine clan in wrath is impossible for someone who doesnt play 24 hours a day, to complete A set and B gun in one week), and i can manage to use 1 char at Dualbox. I would be thankful for any suggestions (even if you recomend another class). Keep in mind that i dont mind XP or PVE, i just want to swim in a blood river ;)

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:53 am 
Marquis

compered to the soultaker in interlude the st in hellbound eats shit all day
he is weak ( in attack power ) compared to the other mages. Hell even the sorc will play with him. stil is a debuff maniac and can be used in mass pvp effectivly
since you siad your a soloer and want to pwn people i suggest sps/sph these chars pwn all if used correctly

for more info you can check some topics regarding thses chars ( st/ sph / sps ) im sure you will find loads of usefull info

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:13 pm 
Duke

I'd still say that necromancer is good. In hellbound, it's balanced.
You can still use summon, cod, silence, anchor, gloom and stuff, just against dark resistant mobs you'll have no choice but to use a buffed summon.
Sps is good in pvp, but in pve st is better. Sph might be a very good choice, you may also take a look at sorc if you want to pwn fighters.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:55 pm 
Forum Troll

i say SH
the necro is now mainly debuffer

and wtf!the sh gets empowering echo wich rises the matk to the higher levels of the stratosphere!

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:59 pm 
Count

lots of info.........thanks alot men............well, i have to find out the difference in damage of necro/other nukers...........i heard that seed of element will increase damage greatly, as well as surrender to element has a bit greater effect then curse gloom itself (in total damage), but i dont know if that difference is too high (the fact i like about necro is his shield - transfer pain; i just need to realize what is more profitable - to have a shield or bigger damage - the point is i dont know the damage difference)

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:04 pm 
Forum Troll

so u juz gotta test it
u can try fury:)

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:15 pm 
Count

oh, i forgot about that serv :D:D great idea anyway

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:37 pm 
Duke

Binturong wrote:
i heard that surrender to element has a bit greater effect then curse gloom itself (in total damage)

Yeah, but I prefer gloom. Why? It works for every mages and every spells.
While for example with sorc you use surr to fire, only you and other sorcs can deal more damage.
While with necro, everyone's, even buffers debuff lands with a higher chance. For ex. it increases the land rate of silence while SH's surrender to wind/poison won't., or increases the power of EE's mana burn or land rate of trance.

sh/sps/sorc is imba after 3rd class.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:47 pm 
Vassal

Yeah Soultaker(and also sts and even mystic muse) are overpowered at olympiad on wrath server at olypiad because they have emp 3 and acu 3 and zerk.MYadvice don't make st on wrath for olly the reason is you can'y become here there(Rean1mation is too powerfull) sts is also good but you can't beat pepushe.
I have hellknight(tanker) lvl 80 name darknestknight and with baium +5 frnteza +4 aq +6 zaken +3 and rest tts +5,full ic set ,db focus,fb focus +3 and they really make me angry.Is imposible to kill mages in oly.
Example on tank when i was vs rean1mation hi curse of doom me and anchor at tank that mean 2400 mdef!!!!! and after a vortex( i think critical) 6800 dmg that is incredible.If on a tank works all of this skills and and makes this dmg i really leave wrath server....i work a lot for nothink ...i can' kill them i just can go like a scary rat on at class base but i don't like.Hellbound(or just wrath server ideea) with this buffs in olly are totally pro mage.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:56 pm 
Count

Quote:
Yeah, but I prefer gloom. Why? It works for every mages and every spells.
While for example with sorc you use surr to fire, only you and other sorcs can deal more damage.
While with necro, everyone's, even buffers debuff lands with a higher chance. For ex. it increases the land rate of silence while SH's surrender to wind/poison won't., or increases the power of EE's mana burn or land rate of trance.

sh/sps/sorc is imba after 3rd class.

That's true, but u forgot that im alone. In case it will remain so, that gloom wont benefit for anyone except me and corrupted man.

Quote:
Yeah Soultaker(and also sts and even mystic muse) are overpowered at olympiad on wrath server at olypiad because they have emp 3 and acu 3 and zerk.MYadvice don't make st on wrath for olly the reason is you can'y become here there(Rean1mation is too powerfull) sts is also good but you can't beat pepushe.
I have hellknight(tanker) lvl 80 name darknestknight and with baium +5 frnteza +4 aq +6 zaken +3 and rest tts +5,full ic set ,db focus,fb focus +3 and they really make me angry.Is imposible to kill mages in oly.
Example on tank when i was vs rean1mation hi curse of doom me and anchor at tank that mean 2400 mdef!!!!! and after a vortex( i think critical) 6800 dmg that is incredible.If on a tank works all of this skills and and makes this dmg i really leave wrath server....i work a lot for nothink ...i can' kill them i just can go like a scary rat on at class base but i don't like.Hellbound(or just wrath server ideea) with this buffs in olly are totally pro mag

Sounds incredible, but anyway, i even didnt dream about being a hero: just cause of fact i have no clan and also, i am not going to stick my ass to L2. Well, 6,8k crit means 2, 3k damage on normal vortex (WTF? such BOMB to a tank?) I think it's just because of server transfer to HB, i think it will take some time to make things O.K.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:32 pm 
Duke

Necromancers are good pvpers at lower levels.

For example, a 74 necro vs 74 sh, necro surely wins. 81 st vs 81 sts... Sts wins, 75%. Vortex simply lands and the rest is easy. The sts has more chances of landing silence due to his matk, but the st has multiple crucial debuffs.

If it comes to pure battle, the sts can't lose. His dps is too high for the vortexed necro.

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:41 pm 
Count

Quote:
Sts wins, 75%. Vortex simply lands and the rest is easy. The sts has more chances of landing silence due to his matk, but the st has multiple crucial debuffs.

Thats true, but what about curse of abyss? Also vortex can be interrupted, if counterstriked with regular nuke (i remember from C4, most of nubcakes started to cast vortex all the way, so casting a deathspike frist was interrupting of their vortex cast in 80% of times). Anyway i agree that STS is somewhat though guy for necro to beat

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:20 pm 
Duke

And don't forget that necro is the only nuker that doesn't learn a lvl 79 vortex.

ImageImageImageImage Image

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:36 pm 
Viscount

Icarus wrote:
The sts has more chances of landing silence due to his matk, but the st has multiple crucial debuffs.

but necro has curse gloom +natural sts hav lower m.def...the both hav the same chances to land silence

ON YESTERDAY I WAS ON MAH ABYSS WALKER WHEN FCKING TH WITH KRIS (LOL B GRADE)WAS RUNNING NEAR ME(IM LVL 43)SO I KILLED ON NOOB DESTRO,THIS TH WANNABE RUNS TO ME,TRYS TO KILL ME,AND DIED HAHAHA NOONE CAN FCKING BEAT AN AW

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:39 pm 
Duke

nonelikeme wrote:
Icarus wrote:
The sts has more chances of landing silence due to his matk, but the st has multiple crucial debuffs.

but necro has curse gloom +natural sts hav lower m.def...the both hav the same chances to land silence

That's for a necro vs sh pvp. On balance, sts is much better after HB imo...

ImageImageImageImage Image

OfflineProfile