Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: L2Citadel Would You Go Another Round
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:27 pm 
Vagabond

Citadel wrote:
That was the main reason yes. The Hellbound files we took Gracia and rolled back which took 1000's of hours in testing and development. The files are good, great actually. But there are still some bugs to be taken care of and they require some fairly extensive extender changes.

We do not have the time to invest in that, maybe down the road at some point. We have the time to setup, run, and even modify a server running on well proven files that are relatively bug free, just not enough to invest again in the HB files.

Your problem is not the managment, but the shity hb files you have/had, actually its James files with working dupes and exploits, curently at least 3 of them active. Sincs Mac stoped providing support - hb files went to helll and critical bugs made extender impossible to maintain.
In summary, my clan wouldnt go to Citadel again because of your noobish mistkes as admin (f.e you got website hacked in few days, rollbacks etc...

GL

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:02 pm 
Elder

markussven wrote:
Citadel wrote:
That was the main reason yes. The Hellbound files we took Gracia and rolled back which took 1000's of hours in testing and development. The files are good, great actually. But there are still some bugs to be taken care of and they require some fairly extensive extender changes.

We do not have the time to invest in that, maybe down the road at some point. We have the time to setup, run, and even modify a server running on well proven files that are relatively bug free, just not enough to invest again in the HB files.

Your problem is not the managment, but the shity hb files you have/had, actually its James files with working dupes and exploits, curently at least 3 of them active. Sincs Mac stoped providing support - hb files went to helll and critical bugs made extender impossible to maintain.
In summary, my clan wouldnt go to Citadel again because of your noobish mistkes as admin (f.e you got website hacked in few days, rollbacks etc...

GL

Believe it or not the issues we had with the files were actually caused by Mac not the other way around. The website wasn't hacked, exploit used, sure. Nothing is unhackable / not exploitable, if you have somebody that is determined they will find a way. The measure should be how it is dealt with and recovered from, which imo was done well and would have closed other servers.

Anyways, you know what they say: If it doesn't kill you .....

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:20 pm 
Viscount

hellbound is very bugged and annoying chronicle, its like not fully evolved gracia, with some stupid c6 features. ppl who want it, probably didnt played in last citadel.... make gracia near christmas and u are ok

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:00 pm 
Duke

glad1us wrote:
There's plenty of interlude/gracia final servers out there, how do you plan on competing with all of those? It's just another one with the same stuff. Your hellbound server was rather unique, there weren't many out there and certainly not as popular. It's a niche you guys can easily hit and it has enough content to survive longer than a few months like interlude yet isn't as advanced as epilogue so people won't complain about star wars. Please don't go the interlude/gracia route like literally every other server out there, we have enough of those! :cry:

I've got to agree with glad1 there. Even if you guys didn't have all the necessary time to work on the hellbound, I still believe a somewhat functioning Hellbound has higher chances than fully functioning Interlude, simply because it's something unique and the competition is not so fierce.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:28 pm 
Vagabond

If we forget some critical bugs i can say it was a quite good server and had a great time with my teamates there.I believe that there is no point to create a new server in c6 client or gracia final since there are many of them already out there.If u would like to open a server it has to be Hellbound again without most of the critical bugs and a faster way to level up and reach Hellbound!No point trying something else cause it will be waste of time and money!(Another chronicle i would play and i think many people agree with me is C5 and there is no C5 server out there)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:24 pm 
Vassal

As we see, the majority of people are in favor of Hellbound, including me. That is what made this server so interesting and popular, simply because people want something different, and HB is the least played chronicle. And I may add, my personal opinion, that it has a great balance ... each and every class has its strengths, it's not an archer chronicle like the previous ones. But if it's not possible ... hope you make the right choice.

ohh this strange dude, GraciaFinal ... why you have to be such a hater about everything every time :D
just mind your own business

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:30 pm 
Elder

I agree it need to be something unique which i am definitely taking into consideration.

Forums are undergoing updates and maintenance today and will be offline until complete.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:00 pm 
Elder

Join me on Discord if you feel like discussing :)

https://l2citadel.com/discord

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:55 pm 
Viscount

i really dont get why u want bugged hellbound... all knows that on internet u can find only c6, gracia or h5 fully fixed and decent files, hb was never popular, just few servers in past had decent servers but still tons of bugs...

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:24 pm 
Heir

GraciaFinal wrote:
i really dont get why u want bugged hellbound... all knows that on internet u can find only c6, gracia or h5 fully fixed and decent files, hb was never popular, just few servers in past had decent servers but still tons of bugs...

HB servers in the past had tons of bugs because noone had the guts ( and time) to test and fix everything to the end. I realy dont get it how you dont get bored over same c6 or same h5 servers opening every month. I personally want HB and atm Citadel are the only ones who can provide near perfect HB gameplay.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:26 am 
Elder

Forums are back online, this was a major upgrade so let us know if you find any issues.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:20 am 
Elder

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:40 pm 
Elder

https://l2citadel.com/forums/topic/3772 ... ment-29005

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:23 pm 
Vassal

I've posted some random thoughts on our forum. https://l2citadel.com/forums/topic/3772 ... in/?page=2

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:51 pm 
Elder

MrLonely wrote:
I've posted some random thoughts on our forum. https://l2citadel.com/forums/topic/3772 ... in/?page=2

Randoms are awesome :shock:

OfflineProfile