Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Is there still some english servers?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:45 am 
Vassal

Is there any server that's mostly english still?

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Is there still some english servers?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:31 am 
Baron

Ofc there are. Or was it a rhetorical question?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:22 pm 
Viscount

if you want crowded server with english mostly, then only few per year starts, sometimes even less. if you talk about 100 200 online, then yes, a lot of them exist

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:51 am 
Vassal

GraciaFinal wrote:
if you want crowded server with english mostly, then only few per year starts, sometimes even less. if you talk about 100 200 online, then yes, a lot of them exist

what's the latest big one that started?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:48 am 
Duke

Lioran wrote:
GraciaFinal wrote:

what's the latest big one that started?

Not sure which big one was the last but there're always quick start quick end servers like Mid, Tales, Blaze etc... They always open with +2k but close 2 months after... Open several times a year always with "new season" (if you know what I mean, new "donation collecting" season :wink:)

Tales is actually planning to open a new P2P server - meaning you'll have to pay like 3.9€ for an account, but he promises no donations afterwards... I'm not really a big fan of Tales projects but this one is somewhat interesting, if the P2P model worked out I think it would be a revolution for free servers because what often kills them are the OP donations... Anyway if you wanna check it out, head to http://www.lineage2tales.com/ - fairly sure despite having to pay for the account, it's pretty much guaranteed there's going to be at least 3k at the opening.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:54 am 
Baron

But then again the servers wont be "free" anymore, which has always been one of the main reasons why play them instead of retail. Just saying. No heated arguments needed ;)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:56 pm 
Duke

MaxTunnerX wrote:
But then again the servers wont be "free" anymore, which has always been one of the main reasons why play them instead of retail. Just saying. No heated arguments needed ;)

Fair point, but you can't play retail High Five anymore... There're only either Grand Crusade chronicle servers which is not L2 anymore for most people or Classic chronicle which on the other hand is too hardcore for many people. High Five stands nicely in between :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:37 pm 
Elder

Haha this seems like the first topic that's not just a server ad. Exciting times. We can actually have a discussion here! This is actually a really interesting question. A lot of servers that advertise in the Russian forums have a predominately Russian influence. And for some this becomes a deal breaker as it no longer feels like a united community.

If it's community you seek, then perhaps we can provide you with that, as we don't intend to cater to the Russian community at all. In fact, our original pack was L2-Scripts as a foundation and we've erased all traces of Russian translations. I think we have pretty cool features too, but hey, I'm the admin and it is normal for me to have a personal bias. :wink:

If it's a quick cycle of play, then I would suggest High Five. The way it is structured as a chronicle makes it impossible to make a server last more than 2 or 3 months. And if you find a big server to play on it could be quite fun but its not designed for longevity.

Thoughts?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:59 pm 
Vagabond

Herlitz

3k players on new Tales? you must be out your mind, you have to realize making the server p2p instantly eliminates at least 70% of the community.Not even the official l2 servers could afford to be p2p anymore
and you think Tales can pull it off? Tales has few active players , the rest are just generated fake chars just to make the server seem populated.Every time they open a server they show a picture with Giran being full just 1h after opening.All you see there is fake , the few real players are leveling/farming ,they don't stand in Giran wasting time like that.Also Tales says "no donations" but the black market is always there, don't believe just everything especially from a server owner that that has the bad reputation of exploiting the l2 community.

PlayINERA

Yes, H5 is by default a chronicle that screams " 1 month server".
Remember your heart beat as you are about to press craft on a arcana mace? ,in h5 you can spoil full top items from mobs, no need to craft stuff.
Remember the joy of dropping that rare blessed enchant from raids?, in h5 you can spoil blessed enchants by the hundreds.
Remember clans fighting for hours for the Grand bosses?, in h5 most of them are instances , you can kill them with 9 people over and over again.
Remember breaking weapons/armor ? , in h5 we only use blessed enchantment scrolls.
Farming attribute crystals/noble stones/ aa for gems, all gone , just spoil all of them from the same mob.
Dragon Valley is the main and only farming spot ,you can get everything you want just by being there.No variety whatsoever.
For me H5 is an insult to all L2 stands for.Anyway this is just my opinion.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:37 pm 
Elder

Well I agree with everything you are saying. The chronicles are basically segregated into interlude and high five. Developers are often scared to tackle a new project because of the work involved and often the limitations they have. I'm very blessed to have designers and developers alike working in tandem to bring forth something cool for the Epilogue series. But not every team can pull this off.

I don't know enough about Tales, but I do know that the fake bot engine is very much a real thing. Every server that expects to do well has this engine built into it, whereby you specify fake characters to move around in a town; it looks quite real too. Will we be using it? Of course not. But do we have the capability? Of course we do, if a project like ours can build an entire new global event engine from scratch it is very easy for us to simulate fake activity. But it's not in the spirit of what we're about and others should not follow suit. Donations are rewards for making something good. Not for recycling the same content and tricking players.

The bottom line is that the English community is dieing and, frankly, it's the English players that gave up on the private server scene. You cannot have teens and tweens running private servers nowadays, in it to make quick buck. The game will die at this rate, because the quality of these servers is bottom of the barrel low. They don't have the experience or capability to provide anything remotely useful to players, aside from a scheme to steal peoples money or DDOS associates in hopes to deprive them of a community.

I really don't see anything different in private servers. Different rates? Different spoil rates? There is zero innovation and zero effort in 2017. And that's justified in its own sense. If a community is sated and continues to support projects as such, then they have no reason to innovate. Don't fix it if it ain't broken is a common expression. But the time of such an era always comes to an end when a player steps up to take reigns and show others that it can be different. That we can build a great community and not destroy servers with donations. And we can innovate and make something that gives you a whole new purpose to the game.

Just my thoughts :)

-Vice

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:22 am 
Vassal

Definitely not looking for a p2p server.
I just miss the old lineage 2 where a big server would start and there was tons of people at spawn point for days and you'd be doing class change quest and there was tons of people fighting over quest mobs.

Now all big server I see are russian or some other language that I don't care for.
I tried lineage.club in febuary and I saw 1 english player during the entire week I played.
Same stuff on l2dex but even if l2dex was english I would never go back there.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:06 am 
Vagabond

Thats because you dont understand that language. I dont how old are you, but if you something like school boy, you should take Russian language lessons, its gona be worth it in the future. For example, you go on a vacation like Turkey and guess what? You will feel like in lineage.club :D
But, then you understand that language, just a little, it makes quite interesting, because you are playing and also learning the language.

Also, for those, who are missing their old L2, i dont know, havent you heard about l2 classic? its what you want, low rate hardcore server, with old crafting system, with all the quests that you have to do and so on. The real old lineage. And its populated. Just go and play.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:21 am 
Baron

But classic is paid no?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:51 pm 
Vagabond

global or retail, as i remember yes, but there are private severs, like:
http :// l2classic.club/

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:05 pm 
Baron

Cool, thanks. Even though I personally hate fighting over mobs and RBs (cooperation ftw), its really good to have a highly populated free to play retail-like server.

OfflineProfile