Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2428 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144 ... 162  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Searching for a LOW rate server.
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:40 pm 
Vagabond

Yes, crafting is worthless, because of mats price. And they are pricey, because its hard to get. And i dont understand, why all the servers make 10x xp, 5x adena and 1-5x spoil, why not the opposite? Make 10x xp and 25 drop/spoil and everything will be far different.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:52 pm 
Baron

It's not only crafting. The economy in l2 is broken by design.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:08 pm 
Vagabond

well, i havent seen better economy in any other game so far, maybe i havent played them as much as L2, but what i love about L2 is the economy. Low rate servers economy. You spoil what demand needs, earn money, buy items, similar to real world.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:22 pm 
Baron

Its still a shitty one. Not sustainable long term. After a while adena becomes almost useless. The game doesn't have a built-in mechanism to deal with inflation...you need a constant flow of new players and frequent chronicle updates (which sucks because later chronicles aren't as good)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:59 pm 
Heir

Quote:
Agree. I think it would be quite interesting to have more materials than you need, for example, at level 30 as a spoiler you have all mats to craft TOP D and its cheaper than buy in shop, so you craft it, enchant it, overchant, burn, craft another. Because now just buy top D, reach lvl 40, buy max gear, lvl, nothing more. Why waste money and enchant/spoil D/C gear, only waste of money, you go directly to B or A and its boring.
There is one server i guess similar, but it has 1x xp rate and spoil 3x, too low for me, but concept interesting :D

So crafters could actually make armor and weapons for people that don't want to level a dwarf.
Buffers could sell buffs if you'd stick in a REALLY expensive npc buffer.
It would be so much fun. :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:28 pm 
Baron

NPC buffers suck. What we need is "offline buff" feature, aka play as buffer, set up offline buff, log out, and people can buy the buffs you currently have for whatever price you set. Offline crystalize would be good too.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:39 am 
Heir

MaxTunnerX wrote:
NPC buffers suck. What we need is "offline buff" feature, aka play as buffer, set up offline buff, log out, and people can buy the buffs you currently have for whatever price you set. Offline crystalize would be good too.

How is that server doing you are advertising?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:54 am 
Baron

You couldnt have picked worse time to ask :D Normally I would say it fares well or bad, but currently the situation changes so rapidly its impossible to tell. There are too many changes being discussed, done and undone. Ill be able to tell you more when the situation stabilizes. However, the server is online and delivers what it has promised (no box, no donations, retail-like english speaking low rate Interlude). So feel free to join us ;)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:06 pm 
Heir

MaxTunnerX wrote:
You couldnt have picked worse time to ask :D Normally I would say it fares well or bad, but currently the situation changes so rapidly its impossible to tell. There are too many changes being discussed, done and undone. Ill be able to tell you more when the situation stabilizes. However, the server is online and delivers what it has promised (no box, no donations, retail-like english speaking low rate Interlude). So feel free to join us ;)

Still as delusional as ever then huh?
Go visit the homepage, Einstein.
You and your brilliant ideas killed this server.
People left your clan left and right and then the server and now it's done.

"L2 crafting sucks" you said in this thread
I made an aoba and tallum plate.
YOU are the only thing that sucks on that server.
You and your lazy ass that doesn't even want to do a 2nd class change, let alone get materials to make stuff.

What an ass... urgh

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:52 pm 
Baron

This is not the place to discuss one server's artificially created soap opera dramas. However, I feel like fun today so Ill make one exception to my rule.

Couple facts then:

Im not an admin, nor a dev. I didnt make any changes to the server. Everyone has the right to suggest things on the forum, and my ideas were liked by players and admin as well. Dont be butthurt over being one of 3 people who didnt like the ideas.

While I was doing things which helped clan and the whole server in general (clan level, clanhall, CH buffs, academy), you were 99% time just soloing the whole game for whatever reason (that 1% being you helping during CH siege), and the 2 other guys thought that their personal problems should be my (and clans) top priorities, which I refused of course. First clan, then individual people.

They rather created drama and left the clan instead of helping me (and other clannies that were waiting) do the clan stuff and getting my (and others) help the next day. And the true reason why they left the server is not me, its their selfishness and stupidity because without clan they didnt have any buffs, and without my help they didnt get what they wanted. I invited them back several times, they just turned on ignore mode instead. Its only fitting that in the end people who cared about each other got what they wanted while people who only thought of themselves got screwed in the end. More so, when it was them who cut the branch on which they were standing. Anyway, its drama queens and rage-quitters than ruin servers, not ideas/changes themselves. Players who like a server stay with it through good and bad and are constantly trying to improve it rather than making drama and rage quitting.

As for you my friend, you were solo player all along, and as soon as someone even remotely asked you for something without saying "please my queen, would you be so kind to maybe do something for me if you find it fit? I will pay you handsomely for it", you would just start pouting and ignoring. As for second class transfer, your arguments "I have done it X times, so can you" and "I enjoy doing the quests/having the game hard" are invalid as nobody is stopping you (or anyone else) from doing the quests even with class items being sold. Especially when the class items cost so much money. The only people who could afford it are dwarves like you or spirit bead lucky gamblers. Others would have to farm hard. Its more about you being a show-off rather than "enjoying a hard game". As soon as the "hard mode" becomes solely your personal thing, you suddenly lose all interest in it, which means you in fact enjoy "playing hard mode and having other recognize how good I am".

Lastly, admin manifested good will when he reverted the changes and made the server more retail-like again. Yet, you still went and attempted to ruin the server with this negative advertisement you made. The situation of the server is not stable right now, one day its new files, another day planned shutdown, but all can change within a second. And most importantly, its still online and does what it promised to do.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:00 pm 
Heir

Yup, still delusional.
I'll spare you the humiliation and won't write how you got clan lvl 2 and the clan hall at FOR. lol
You are a leech and so were your buddies.
Deleveling orcs all day to do 20+ RB because their hp etc was lowered and then crystalize the drops so you could buy lux shop stuff while i was getting FP set recipes and mats. lol
Go away noob, before i write how you "farm catas" :p

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:40 pm 
Vagabond

want a really a low rate server ? stable where ppl can play for long time????? easy only one true low server stay online since long time without wipes ,yep since 2008 ..... some of you know this server and can return....rxnet-lineage2.... about Russian ppl maybe exist but don't see no one in game from Russia ....want try ? go, check, and if you don't like go search another ,hugs

note: forgot ... its a 1x maximum rates

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:14 am 
Duke

lamprey wrote:
Its still a shitty one. Not sustainable long term. After a while adena becomes almost useless. The game doesn't have a built-in mechanism to deal with inflation...you need a constant flow of new players and frequent chronicle updates (which sucks because later chronicles aren't as good)

True that. If any server plans to run 'longterm', it absolutely needs some custom interceptions in economy. First of all the adena rate must be as low as possible, regardless of severs' general settings, any Adena rate above 5x is a death sentence to servers' economy. Servers often just slap some random 50x Adena rate so people don't complain about not being able to buy full top equip on level 20/40/52 etc. but that's something admins must sacrifice to make it in a long run.

As for the interceptions, there must be some 'adena drainage' added to the game... Conservative players won't like it, but if you add something like heavily overpriced mats/keys to the blacksmith shop (no extra NPC), it won't hurt the gameplay but will help the economy extraordinarily :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:21 am 
Baron

Herlitz wrote:
lamprey wrote:

True that. If any server plans to run 'longterm', it absolutely needs some custom interceptions in economy. First of all the adena rate must be as low as possible, regardless of severs' general settings, any Adena rate above 5x is a death sentence to servers' economy. Servers often just slap some random 50x Adena rate so people don't complain about not being able to buy full top equip on level 20/40/52 etc. but that's something admins must sacrifice to make it in a long run.

As for the interceptions, there must be some 'adena drainage' added to the game... Conservative players won't like it, but if you add something like heavily overpriced mats/keys to the blacksmith shop (no extra NPC), it won't hurt the gameplay but will help the economy extraordinarily :)
Disagree with 1x adena rates. As long as adena rates are higher than 0x, there will always be a point where there is too much adena in the game. Rates dont matter at all. The only thing that matters is your so-called drainage which can be adjusted to any adena rates easily.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:57 am 
Duke

MaxTunnerX wrote:
Herlitz wrote:
lamprey wrote:

Disagree with 1x adena rates. As long as adena rates are higher than 0x, there will always be a point where there is too much adena in the game. Rates dont matter at all. The only thing that matters is your so-called drainage which can be adjusted to any adena rates easily.

That's true but if server decides to implement the drainage at later stages of the game /when it will become needed/, having lower adena rates helps server's economy to stabilize properly and gives admins more time to observe and analyze the situation :) Speaking of 1x adena rates, we're talking about years before it becomes urgent :wink:

OfflineProfile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2428 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144 ... 162  Next