Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: [L2OFF C1] PREVIEW Lineage 2 Classic EU - Talking Island
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 12:55 am 
Vassal

Minideed wrote:
Gave it a try for about 30 minutes and will not return. Everything is bugged, class change quests are broken, skill data seems to be guess work and admin lied about it being translated into English.

Check out the forums, there is not a single post there saying anything good about the server. I was slightly looking forward to trying it but after what I saw it will not be around long.

Hope admin did not actually pay money for the files he is using because even the Russian Classic 1.0 beta worked better.

Disappointing.

The Russians trolled the admin with the off files :D

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 8:48 am 
Viscount

So what's the conclusion with their files? They clearly are l2off but are they modified from some other chronicle like GF or H5 or are they real classic ones but they are very bad at setting them up?

Anyone here has any experience on l2classic to compare?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 9:18 am 
Baron

DocHouse wrote:
So what's the conclusion with their files? They clearly are l2off but are they modified from some other chronicle like GF or H5 or are they real classic ones but they are very bad at setting them up?

Anyone here has any experience on l2classic to compare?

They are real classic files, but are extremely bugged and it will probably take months, if not years to get them in right order, just as it took for let's say H5 files.

Still, this could be used for certain testings in preparation for official EU Classic, which is opening at autumn (hopefully September).

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 10:53 am 
Viscount

GenghisKhan wrote:
They are real classic files, but are extremely bugged and it will probably take months, if not years to get them in right order, just as it took for let's say H5 files.

Still, this could be used for certain testings in preparation for official EU Classic, which is opening at autumn (hopefully September).

When C4, GF or H5 official files leaked you could instantly see they were the real files. And that's because the bugs were identical with the ones on official when they had a beta (PTS - public test server files). Problem here is that i don't think there's anyone around that played the beta of the russian classic files when they had it on official, so we can compare. But even so, there are quite a big amount of bugs, even for a PTS build.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 11:03 am 
Baron

DocHouse wrote:
GenghisKhan wrote:

When C4, GF or H5 official files leaked you could instantly see they were the real files. And that's because the bugs were identical with the ones on official when they had a beta (PTS - public test server files). Problem here is that i don't think there's anyone around that played the beta of the russian classic files when they had it on official, so we can compare. But even so, there are quite a big amount of bugs, even for a PTS build.

I played the Russian beta and these are not the same files. What I can tell is they are either Gracia Final or modified H5 extender ones made to emulate L2 Classic. Some skills are functioning like H5 or don't work at all, at least in Innova RU Classic skills were working as they should..

There are way too many problems with these crappy L2OFF files. Hardly any quest works, mobs are either missing, use soulshots or not in the correct locations. Either the admin bought fake files or he is one of the worst coders I have ever seen.

I would suggest playing on the official F2P Japanese Cassic L2 server if you want to experience it. Might not know Japanese but you can see what Classic actually is.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 12:24 pm 
Viscount

Minideed wrote:
I played the Russian beta and these are not the same files. What I can tell is they are either Gracia Final or modified H5 extender ones made to emulate L2 Classic.

That's what i thought as well, that it's some gf/h5 extender, just like in the old days after C4, with interlude and hellbound extenders.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 12:40 pm 
Baron

DocHouse wrote:
GenghisKhan wrote:

Before off files were leaked. And yeah, it is emulating Classic which will make it incredibly hard to get it in the right order. But as I said, 90% of the users there were hoping to test things for Innova, but after I tested it bit more I can safely say that there won't be much to test ...

OfflineProfile