Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 446 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 30  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: [OFF] L2Citadel x5 | Hellbound Is Coming! (Preview)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:40 am 
Elder

[Core - DLL Updates]
-Fixed Augmentation packets, to support Q>D conversion proper now.
-Fixed Try Equipment packets - working now.
-Re-fixed outpost skills on castle sieges, forgot 1 spot.
-Fixed Selling ManorCrop packetzorz.
-Fixed boosted evasion in pvp, final time.
-Fixed 7s record issue - packets under control now.
-Fixed Blackwatch opcode shuffle error - sometimes causing a dummypacket crash.
-Fixed Friend\Clan invite error sysmgs's not in HB.

[Script .txt & HTML Updates]
-Fixed Real Target power values & effective range.
-Ignored stupid trader woodley report.
-Fixed Recipe.txt parsing + error on amount requirement.
-Removed all birthday event from gatekeepers.
-Fixed Wild Magic
-Fixed Hude Multisell lists.
-Fixed rewards for First Class quests.
-Fixed Icarus Shooter & Dynasty duals param values.
-Restored Lucas NPC position and removed Ronde NPC.
-Fixed Force\Sonic Barrier
-Fixed NPC Reed HTML.
-Fixed Empowering Echo.

+ new functions/improvements regarding website/panel which will be published once it's ready.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:40 pm 
Knight

STBdrum wrote:
Any idea when they open OB ?

Too hard to give a date yet. One could be given but it would most likely get delayed several times and that ain't fun to hear either.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:21 pm 
Vassal

We prefer to take our time and do things right the first time. A date will be given once we're 100% sure we can deliver whats promised.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:12 am 
Elder

Update 24/10/2014

- Added auto database backup system.

In progress regarding security:

-Service monitoring (l2server,npcserver,webserver,irc etc.)
-Service Daemon to restart any of these processes that goes down accidentally.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:32 pm 
Viscount

What about donations will you offer:
Coctails
XP/SP runes
PA accs
accesories
Cakes

I like the idea of a hellbound x5, but if you dont put xp/sp runes + pa which makes rates around x10 and even a bit higher, your server will die just as Empire x3 did in a month or two.There 99% of eu community quited at lvl 6x-7x and it was even a GF server where u have vitality/pailakas/common items.
No one wants to PvE for months in 2014, when you can just join a midrate and PvP, of course low rate PvP experience is totally diffrent and way better, but its not worth the sacriface to PvE for months to get to lvl79, specially if you are playing a normal prime 18-24 or so.
This will not only make the community happy, but you will have a stable income.No one will cry for such donates.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:49 pm 
Vagabond

First of all, this is a personal opinion I'm about to write out, just so we get that out of the way.

This post got too long so, rewrite!

Hellbound I consider in many ways to be Interlude with an endgame. I've seen how people are complaining that Interlude lowrates have no endgame and how it is too easy to reach, and yet now you're saying that adding exactly that means the rates should go up? That seems counterproductive. Also, to have donations that give EXP boosts are an (IMO) awful idea. Basically that means that any serious CP or Clan is going to be forced into donating to be competative, because after all higher levels is more powerful characters, especially early on. Donations isn't something you can just ramble on about and throw up a list and go 'fingers crossed'. This needs to be something that is well considered by several people over a longer period of time. Besides, if these guys can afford a 6 month closed beta then having a server with a profit-margin (or even self-sustain) would the LAST thing on their minds.

Hellbound is considered the last of the hardcore chronicles. Coming before the introduction of Vitality and Common items but introducing more skill enchant routes, fortress sieges, subclass certification skills and an endgame with Dynasty/Icarus gears. I feel L2Citadel would do it justice by treating it as such.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:12 pm 
Viscount

Ascender wrote:
First of all, this is a personal opinion I'm about to write out, just so we get that out of the way.

This post got too long so, rewrite!

Hellbound I consider in many ways to be Interlude with an endgame. I've seen how people are complaining that Interlude lowrates have no endgame and how it is too easy to reach, and yet now you're saying that adding exactly that means the rates should go up? That seems counterproductive. Also, to have donations that give EXP boosts are an (IMO) awful idea. Basically that means that any serious CP or Clan is going to be forced into donating to be competative, because after all higher levels is more powerful characters, especially early on. Donations isn't something you can just ramble on about and throw up a list and go 'fingers crossed'. This needs to be something that is well considered by several people over a longer period of time. Besides, if these guys can afford a 6 month closed beta then having a server with a profit-margin (or even self-sustain) would the LAST thing on their minds.

Hellbound is considered the last of the hardcore chronicles. Coming before the introduction of Vitality and Common items but introducing more skill enchant routes, fortress sieges, subclass certification skills and an endgame with Dynasty/Icarus gears. I feel L2Citadel would do it justice by treating it as such.

Server will be dead after a month when people realise, how much time you need to make 1lvl on a x5, even big projects can't afford to open such a lowrate, not to mention a fresh and new project to go with a x5 w/o any kind of xp runes/Pa acc.
Whoever cant give 10-15 euro for L2, shouldn't be playing at all he should go and work.Not only that with the money income server can get the best DDoS protection,make 9v9 events/Sieges with $ reward ( which will boost the community hugely), but they will have a long living server in which people wont quit after 2 weeks, because they couldn't make lvl50.
Also noone said not to create a donation currency which can be bought IG by adena, so you can use donate shop w/o donating, but with just buying the currency with adena.Every self-respected project is build in this way, so every player can buy PA/XP Runes etc, by donating or buying for adena.
You guys seem to throw in a lot of work, which if you dont think for a bit will lead to a project dead within a month.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:39 pm 
Vagabond

I would say that xp donations would quicken the server death because main alliances/clans will reach end game very fast and there will be a gap between the players. I would say that if you need a lot of time to raise your char then you won't abandon the server because you invested a lot of time in it, i think this is why dex 4x lasted so much, even now i remember the days i grinded, was boring as hell yes but i could never leave that char and go on another server after all those hours invested. Anyway this is really a subjective thing, there will be always mixed opinions and clearly you can't satisfy everyone, i just hope the devs will think this from every perspective.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:05 am 
Vagabond

No offense but you're just making it sound like a prison :P

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:57 pm 
Vagabond

L2 is not worth to play anymore bcouse ppls are now serwer jumpers. Low rate serwer opens and after few weeks most of "factors" leave becouse they failed few epics, or some ppls from they clans get banned bcouse of bots programs, or other ppls leave bcouse there are to many bots in serwer and its no use to play when GM's just dont care about fair play. No metters about rates it will be, and chronicle ppls destroy every single project bcouse they just can't have fun anymore.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:11 pm 
Vassal

Asmodei wrote:
L2 is not worth to play anymore bcouse ppls are now serwer jumpers. Low rate serwer opens and after few weeks most of "factors" leave becouse they failed few epics, or some ppls from they clans get banned bcouse of bots programs, or other ppls leave bcouse there are to many bots in serwer and its no use to play when GM's just dont care about fair play. No metters about rates it will be, and chronicle ppls destroy every single project bcouse they just can't have fun anymore.

We're trying to counter that trend by providing the community with a project thats stable and long lasting. Of course a lot will depend on the community but the interest we see up till now sparks hope. In a server with a healthy community people shouldn't feel the urge to jump to another server; we'll do our best to create that environment.

The botting problem we solved by having our own custom anti-both system. We've thrown a lot at it during Closed Beta and noone was able to get anything to work. im sure some Russian will find a way eventually but then again we use google as well and as the protection is custom, we can adept.

I guess what Im trying to say is that L2Citadel is much more a project then just another server. We do this because we like doing it. If we were here to make a quick buck we'd buy files from Vanganth or Depmax, put a few bucks towards advertising and proclaim 2k+ online at start and then close down after 3 months like most servers do now a days. Instead we're trying to give the community an alternative but it'll be up to the community to reach out and take it.

Any feedback or suggestions you guys have are welcome btw.

Last edited by MrLonely on Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:14 pm 
Elder

Asmodei wrote:

Let's not forget the all-time classic "I just joined server and I feel inferior to all the 70+ characters, we need wipe because ppl are afraid to join" - kinda idiots wanting free A-grade gear and stuff. Don't know how much these guys will cry when trying a HB or especially a GF server where endgame is much more further away than IL.
Not like there are s-graders stealing their mobs on talking island.. Pll over varka are not even aware of the existence of newbies, who are still crying nevertheless and feel like a victim.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:43 am 
Elder

Latest Update 28/10/2014:

[Core - DLL Updates]:
Re-Touched a few augmentation packets.
Fixed Resurrection CAP to go above -90%.
Fixed i_heal to ignore triple heal ammount multiplier.
Fixed a CORE multisell bug - movd vs movzx conversion error from h>D conversion that sent wrong data to client, fucking stuff up randomly on multisell purchasing.
Fixed 2 more manor packets, shouldn't be more for crops.
Fixed another h>D movd/zx on CharInfo\Userinfo - causing attribute info to go crazy.
Fixed max armor attribute to 30 / parts (HB-Like) - and decreased armor attribute rates by 1/4th (experimental).

[Script .txt & HTML Updates]:

Fixed Insane Crusher dispel \ touch of death effect.
Moved NPC Suzet to a better location.
Fixed naming of A Clan's Reputation Quest, in AI.
Moved Invocation AVE from ave_invinceble to ave_seizure1.
See client info, on Fates whisper and add GF questname steps to HB client.
Fixed Skill Provoke.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:26 am 
Vagabond

any updates on timeframe for when server will go live?

is it still end of 2014?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:03 pm 
Elder

There is no timeframe for live yet. CB is still going extremely well I can say that. Once we open the server for OB we will have a much better idea on a live date ;)

OfflineProfile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 446 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 30  Next