Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 406 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 28  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: [L2OFF - Interlude] (Preview) L2PlusOne x1 Rates
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:30 pm 
Viscount

GenghisKhan wrote:
This guy is a scammer, last server he opened, he just took money and vanished after less then a month. Sorry, but if you go play on this guy's server, you are an idiot.

PS: Saying that it isn't his server, but his friend ... yeah, we should trust a scammer. Cheers.

Outright lie. Nostalgia stayed online until the community consisted of less than 50 players and most of those were shops. Everybody that asked for a refund through the proper channels (the forum thread or IRC) was given a refund. L2Nostalgia generated alot of interest and unfortunately a lot of hate because we failed to deliver a stable server.

Keep the Nostalgia hate and lies out of this thread. This project is not mine...period. Keep posting hate and flames about Nostalgia in this thread and they will be deleted and you will earn a ban. Vlads server does not deserve to be shadowed by Nostalgia.

You have been warned.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:25 pm 
Marquis

Oldies wrote:
Outright lie. Nostalgia stayed online until the community consisted of less than 50 players

oh now I see, this vlad is the guy behind the nostalgia project ?!?!?

In this case no further comments may be added, now is all clear to me...

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:43 pm 
Viscount

mariolinho wrote:
Oldies wrote:
Outright lie. Nostalgia stayed online until the community consisted of less than 50 players

oh now I see, this vlad is the guy behind the nostalgia project ?!?!?

In this case no further comments may be added, now is all clear to me...

He means me not Vlad. Vlad was not involved with Nostalgia.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:43 pm 
Viscount

Forums are almost ready :) So far Vlad has a list of over 50 fixes and addons done for incorrect and missing quests, AI data and some more. He is at this point 90% done what needs to be done before live.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:48 pm 
Marquis

Hey Oldies, its been a while!
I've just got a few questions about this project, because I am really intrigued about it.....

Is Vlad properly serious about this project, we all know that he is one of the most talented people when it comes to the L2 private scene, but how do we know it will be long term. Long term, as in x1 rates long term, so around for a few years?

Has he taken long term hosting? Can he prove that he has taken long term hosting also?

And lastly..... why Interlude? Why not something more modern, or why again, something more "Old school", as in c4/c5?

https://l2etina.com/
https://discord.gg/NjXZcnwWhT

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:32 pm 
Viscount

Amrx wrote:
Hey Oldies, its been a while!
I've just got a few questions about this project, because I am really intrigued about it.....

Is Vlad properly serious about this project, we all know that he is one of the most talented people when it comes to the L2 private scene, but how do we know it will be long term. Long term, as in x1 rates long term, so around for a few years?

Has he taken long term hosting? Can he prove that he has taken long term hosting also?

And lastly..... why Interlude? Why not something more modern, or why again, something more "Old school", as in c4/c5?

Hi back and yes it has :)

Vlad generally speaking is as serious as a heart attack when he decides to take something on, and yes he is serious and committed to PlusOneL2 and keeping it going for the long-term. The server at 1x rates should last 2 years or even longer but with today's L2 community it is pretty hard to say with any real certainty. I know Vlad will do his part so the rest will be up to the community.

For long-term hosting I do know the server is paid for 3 months starting as of about 2 weeks ago. For him proving that he has taken the server for that length of time who knows, but feel free to ask him on the PlusOneL2 forums once they are online :)

Vlad has stated interest in running servers for C5 and Hellbound but the amount of work required at this time to have a stable working server is just to much (tell me about it). He is not a fan of the newer Chronicles and so Interlude was the best choice. Who knows maybe in the future he will look at C4, C5, or even HB.

Oldies

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:58 pm 
Viscount

Forums are up and useable >> http://plusonel2.com/talkingisland/

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:52 pm 
Vagabond

+1 I think many ppl are dreaming about something like this ( a dream come true ).
offline shop, 1x, no dualbox+friendly staff

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:01 pm 
Vagabond

I hope this server will reach ~1k people online... if it will reach less than 700 then there's no point even opening it right now, you have to wait for good moment to bring people to you and then launch.

Bloodbros already started and there's like not even 100 people playing... it shouldn't happen also here.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:50 am 
Vassal

Vlad is from US, so I have two questions about this server because majority of players will be probably from Europe:
1) server geolocation (NA/Europe region) - because ping is important, especially in PvP
2) server timezone (GMT-6/GMT+3/etc.) - because of Castle Sieges and Olympiad time

Btw for all flame warriors: Nostalgia was Chronicle 5 (read: one big bugfest, I played there for a while), but L2PlusOne is Interlude, so it should be perfectly fine and almost bug-free.

Anyway, the key feature for me is NO DUALBOX ALLOWED !, and as long as it will not change in the future, this server interests me a lot, it can become what most support-class players dreamed for years - a server where DD's will say "Oh god, you are Shilien Elder? Awesome, now I can train 4 rooms in cata, c'mon mate, come farm with me, not with him, c'mon please" :D Rate 1x is kinda hard, but well, oldschool players don't care about rates, they care about whole gameplay and community, they don't like server hopping every 2 months.

I wish you good luck with this server, Vlad

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:37 am 
Viscount

Quote:
I hope this server will reach ~1k people online... if it will reach less than 700 then there's no point even opening it right now, you have to wait for good moment to bring people to you and then launch.

Bloodbros already started and there's like not even 100 people playing... it shouldn't happen also here.

I have no doubt that PlusOneL2 will easily reach over 1k and would not be surprised to see it at least double that. Nothing against BloodBros but they are not on the same level as Vlad and PlusOneL2 when it comes to experience, ties within the community, and advertising and SEO knowledge.

@Nare

The server is actually in the same datacenter as was Nostalgia and I had a large part to play in this. After talking to Vlad and showing him tons of results of tracert and ping tests from players on Nostalgia he agreed it was the best choice for both NA and majority of Europe. The OVH Montreal datacenter is really a sweet spot from NA > Europe and OVH has improved the peering and routing to Europe even since Nostalgia.

The actual server Timezone is GMT -5 and sieges + Oly will be adjusted to be as even as possible between NA and Euro timezones.

You can test pings to >> auth.plusonel2.com

If you have issues or concerns with the results please post them on PlusOneL2 forums as I do not have any type of access to help with those type of things, only Vlad can help with that.

DualBox is solid and will not be changed.

Note: Vlad has just installed SSL and forced the entire site through https which I think is a great choice, especially these days.

Thanks Nare for your comments and questions and hopefully many others feel the same way as you about the server :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:30 am 
Baron

Nare wrote:
Rate 1x is kinda hard, but well, oldschool players don't care about rates, they care about whole gameplay and community, they don't like server hopping every 2 months.

You know I was curios about that.... who actually played 1x? I haven't, most I've played was a 3x gf server, but IL 1x, I'm not even sure how long it takes to reach 3rd prof.

No box sure, sounds nice in theory, I'd like to see how this will turn out. Supports were alwyes wanted, maybe not for farming that much, in the case of SE, as you most likely had you're own box, but for all other things, raids/pvp, active supports were alwyes wanted, so I'm not really sure what was such a big downside to support, in all things that mattered they were needed, but I take you're point.

Oldies says big numbers, to be really frank, I'm not sure were does he get's those number, 1k of active players? with dual box, ok maybe... but like this, don't know what he's basing his premonitons on. As I agree, there might be 1k of interlude and low rates lovers out there, I can't agree on the thing that most (yeah most) of them, won't lean towards this utopic server. For the sake of l2 community I hope I am wrong, but in all reality... maybe if I see their forum full with daily posts, and a lot more then 9 total members, I won't belive it.

But since it won't start to soon, I guess there is plenty of time to advertise it, I'm just not sure he didn't set his goals with this server way to high. Has he played much l2 lately? any contact with the way l2 community is now? I'm not saying don't open the server.. but I really urge him to reconsider the rates, it will still be pretty much hardcore even with 3-5x rates provided no dual box.

All the best anyway, I'm more then curios how it will turn out, in this case I hope I won't be right.

P.S
Seriosly, were do you come with those 1k?
Evoke dosen't have 1k, and they allow dual box, bloodbros they don't even have 50 players on, and they allow dual box... were are all those people going to pop out? Any IL server, non-russian, got 1k active players lately?... whatever.
You talk about him beeing a SEO guru, fine... but do "old school" players search for a l2 server on google? Only nabs do that... I THINK, the rest, use sites, like this one, like topzone, and similar, were they can see reviews, I really don't know how will beeing on 1st on google by searching "lineage low rate" will help him. Serios players, use serios methods, those that search with google, they won't play this utopian server.

So again, were do you get this 1k players?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:21 pm 
Viscount

I am actually not sure just how long to 3rd on 1x Interlude either :) I base my numbers off of experience and knowing the community fairly well. When I started Nostalgia everybody told me I would never see more than 500 players. They said the game is too old, nobody plays anymore.

10 minutes before launch there was 4.9k people just on the forums and that was not an inflated number. I am not saying that PlusOneL2 will see that but I do believe there is still enough players and interest for a server for like this to see well over 1k. People have to like the idea of their time really being worth something again, and the longevity that 1x offers.

But as usual it will be up to the community to get behind the server, if that happens the sky is the limit. if it doesn't than it will be lucky to see 1k. For the SEO thing. I employed this successfully with Nostalgia and it worked well. The idea is to get the name and idea out to new players and those that may have stopped playing for years. On Nostalgia we had many of both and these mostly came from Organic Google results. It is also about doing things "outside the box" which is something people seem to recognize and appreciate :)

The forums are not busy yet but it will pickup once the advertising begins for real and even more when Vlad announces a solid live date.

But only time will tell. Either way it is a interesting project and has big potential. :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:56 pm 
Baron

Can you afford to keep the server running for months? Even if there are only 500 on I mean...

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:05 pm 
Viscount

lamprey wrote:
Can you afford to keep the server running for months? Even if there are only 500 on I mean...

Yeah, people don't need to worry about the server closing because there is not enough money. Server is already pre-paid for 3 months and Vlad will renew it of course when the time comes.

OfflineProfile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 406 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 28  Next