Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: [Interlude] Generally strongest class for olympiad?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:33 am 
Duke

Heya,
Well I going on this Interlude OFF MR primarily for oly, and because I expect enormous oly feed I need to pick generally STRONGEST class there so I can go there on my own.

From previous thread I've learned there're basically 3 top picks:

Prophet
Elven Elder
Overlord

Questions are:
1) Why not bishop? On first sight, he appears to be pretty much same as Elven Elder, just with extra Magical Backfire (!)/Celestial Shield/Body of Avatar/ for price of PoW/Clarity/Resist Shock/Arcane Protection (of course there are a lot of differences but these seem major for me. Or I forget about something vital?). Doesn't the Magical Backfire basically mean that bish would win over EE on oly?

2) Which one of these three would win? (and why)

...Or are there any other classes that could beat as large range of opponents on oly like these 3 (4)?
Thanks for any answers.
-H

/EDIT: Please also consider it will be pain in back to get Augment active so my finishing off weapon would be probably some ++bow or dagger, thanks :)

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: [Interlude] Generally strongest class for olympiad?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:14 am 
Vagabond

Herlitz wrote:
Heya,
Well I going on this Interlude OFF MR primarily for oly, and because I expect enormous oly feed I need to pick generally STRONGEST class there so I can go there on my own.

From previous thread I've learned there're basically 3 top picks:

Prophet
Elven Elder
Overlord

Questions are:
1) Why not bishop? On first sight, he appears to be pretty much same as Elven Elder, just with extra Magical Backfire (!)/Celestial Shield/Body of Avatar/ for price of PoW/Clarity/Resist Shock/Arcane Protection (of course there are a lot of differences but these seem major for me. Or I forget about something vital?). Doesn't the Magical Backfire basically mean that bish would win over EE on oly?

2) Which one of these three would win? (and why)

...Or are there any other classes that could beat as large range of opponents on oly like these 3 (4)?
Thanks for any answers.
-H

/EDIT: Please also consider it will be pain in back to get Augment active so my finishing off weapon would be probably some ++bow or dagger, thanks :)

ee with pow has ALOT more cast speed, so he can manaburn/trance you until you're pretty much useless, and with clarity he's also gonna consume not so much mana doing it, and then he will proceed to augment+trance you to death

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: [Interlude] Generally strongest class for olympiad?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:40 pm 
Duke

Mhm I see, looks like Im definitely going to need that augment then :?

OfflineProfile