Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Warlord in pvp?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:17 pm 
Count

Well, i used search and i didnt found nothing (im probably blind if there are some posts), so, let me ask...

I wonder if warlord can shine in a pvp combat, i saw many skills that sounds pretty (3x aoe stun, howl, earthquake, shockblast etc), but in fact, he is hell slow and have nothing to increase his speed or lower the enemy's speed, so i think any regular joe can kite him :/

Im not any skilled player, maybe i am wrong, but anyway, please tell me for what is warlord good in PVP.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:30 pm 
Duke

Warlord is one of the weakest fighters in pvp. His skills are good, but his damage low. He is truly slow...

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:39 pm 
Forum Troll

well lets not leave the wl's skills behind:)rly u have low dmg output but u r good debuffer 2..howl,earthquake blahblahblah and revival!!now its rly usefull b4 it could be activated only when ur hp is below 5% and now its changed to 10%-much better:)ur aoe stuns can keep ur enemyes close to u so u dont need to run much if u keep all the time ur enemy in stun-its just practice
im not good in wls at all-played once atm i speak only for the theory and a bit knowledge in warlords at x4 servers.so u could find a balanced mid/high rate serv roll wl and try it in pvp
once i pwned 2 daggers with my wl same time...

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:40 am 
Count

And thet Shockblast really rocks, long range attack, stun the enemy.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:54 pm 
Duke

Sounds nice ^^

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:47 pm 
Duke

Does howl work on players? Last time i played wl, howl wouldn't have me flag, even if my target was on that person.

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:51 pm 
Baron

yeah it works.Maybe the server u played was bugged or not appropriately updated

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:26 pm 
Count

>icarus> yes it does, but its a debuff, so you canot flag with it (atack another white player if you want). Only skills what deliver damage can be used to atack white players, others cannot be used (exclude clan war - in clan war you can start with anything you have). For example, necromancer cannot start with gloom/anchor/etc, because these skills dont deal damage, but he can start with vortex, deathspike, drain etc. Archers can start with stunshot, because it deals dmg, but human tanks cannot start with shield stun, because that stun delivers no damage. Also, spellsingers can start with ice dagger and frostbolts, (yeah, debuf atack but it delivers damage, so you can shot whit players with them) etc etc

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:56 pm 
Duke

WL is a good thing to have in sieges in all closed spaces (behind doors, throne room, etc), he can take a lot of damage (lots of HP+CP+revival) and he can stun and do mass damage. He also has wrath, which decreases enemy CP by 30%, which is great.

In 1vs1 u must pray for some crits, land stuns, etc. Earthquake is also great cos it removes ur enemy target, so u can do:

earthquake>stun>howl>wrath>some other damage/debuff skills>hit hit hit>whenever stun worns off, stun again (if 1st dont land u have 2 more^^)

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:52 pm 
Duke

razveck wrote:
WL is a good thing to have in sieges in all closed spaces (behind doors, throne room, etc), he can take a lot of damage (lots of HP+CP+revival) and he can stun and do mass damage. He also has wrath, which decreases enemy CP by 30%, which is great.

In 1vs1 u must pray for some crits, land stuns, etc. Earthquake is also great cos it removes ur enemy target, so u can do:

earthquake>stun>howl>wrath>some other damage/debuff skills>hit hit hit>whenever stun worns off, stun again (if 1st dont land u have 2 more^^)

plus that in CT1 revival can be used at 10 % HP

ImageImageImageImage Image

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:22 pm 
Viscount

Ruud44 wrote:
razveck wrote:

plus that in CT1 revival can be used at 10 % HP

yeah the revival can be used at 10% hp in CT1 but costs more mana :P
and btw...a dreadnought is verry good vs a character with shield(like a tank) because earthquake, shock blast etc. ignores shield defence :D

LOL

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:17 pm 
Heir

I was playing warlord for a long time on low rates c6 ... it does miracles in sieges. well i had a tactic for sieges: make a pp of bishop doom crier +78 and bd or sws(optional) all others are warlords (4 wl is enough), then buff and cast immortality upon doom crier doom crier runs in the middle of group of archers and gate chant..... then warlord does the job...
With that plan pt of warlords took out about 3 parties of archers+mages before they even know what hit them (they just was stunned all the time and there was more of us then 4... we where 6 - 8 don't remember).
in 1 vs 1 pvp self buffed + haste and ww pot you can beat human tanks: pala, DA until 78lvl because of psychical mirror, all kind of daggers, bd sws whit out no problems, SK is huge problem because of hex and power brake , also he can slow you and make you turtle-like than root and nuke you, unless U have NM heavy set... then you have chance to win. but usually wrld go for mj heavy because of stun resist and accuracy bonus.chance against archers that not have mj light (wears dc insted) but mostly you lose to archers(much biger chances to win in arena
) ..... nice chance ws mages ..... because of low con and most of them wears dc robe but you need +++ jewelery or just a bit of luck.
IMO warlord is nice char and very fun to play with it.... and i think its main purpose in game is aoe hunt and sieges....

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:14 pm 
Duke

Binturong wrote:
>icarus> yes it does, but its a debuff, so you canot flag with it (atack another white player if you want). Only skills what deliver damage can be used to atack white players, others cannot be used (exclude clan war - in clan war you can start with anything you have). For example, necromancer cannot start with gloom/anchor/etc, because these skills dont deal damage, but he can start with vortex, deathspike, drain etc. Archers can start with stunshot, because it deals dmg, but human tanks cannot start with shield stun, because that stun delivers no damage. Also, spellsingers can start with ice dagger and frostbolts, (yeah, debuf atack but it delivers damage, so you can shot whit players with them) etc etc

Well, sure, but you can flag with other debuffs. And are you sure howl works in c4? I tested it on l2gold (not the impecable server, but not a bad one).

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:23 pm 
Count

>icarus> well, i really wont put my hand into fire for that, but i think it works in C4. Its a long time i wasnt playing whole L2, and its even more time since i left C4 server, where i played that WL for pve mainly, so i can really barely remember.

Anyway, im thinking i will start playing L2 again, probably on DEX or Wrath, but dunno what char to roll, and if im able to play there ~ in fact, i played on Czech servers only, where i was a regular player, but i tried a supreme server once and i was nothing more then free pvp point, maybe it was by reason i wasnt playing for a long time, or that czech servers are usualy servers of noobs, or both of reasons :D

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:58 pm 
Duke

In dex vs wrath, go for dex. Wrath's economy is chaotic. Example: nm light set around 400kk. Majestic light body (JUST BODY ARMOR) is over 1kkk.

fosho!

OfflineProfile