Post subject: Dwarf FortuneSeeker
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:29 am 
Vassal

Hi happy new year everybody :D :D
Not for pvp
I want to ask about best subclasses
Best dyes for haunting
Best element on spear
I want to use Icarus Trident for its stun also Demitelum for power .want to improve icarus but afraid of wasting time and adena
Also when boost the skills should i go to power or earth boost (if choose earth on spear)
Want to know difference between elements on weapons for fighters
Generally which is better defence or attack power
I like this avatar and want to continue with it also i knows its own defects
Also I have an adventurer avatar
"Please try not to use brief words please"

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Dwarf FortuneSeeker
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:05 pm 
Elder

I'm gonna assume you're playing on H5 since you mentioned Demitelum.

Quote:
I want to ask about best subclasses

From a PvE standpoint, you should get Image Counter Haste, Image Counter Barrier and one of these: Either Image Boost Evasion if you're planning on wearing light armor (possibly a platinum rogue dynasty set) and daggers, or you can get Image Counter Defense if you're planning on mostly wearing heavy armor or will be doing a lot of tanking.

Endgame farming on H5 is mostly comprised of Seed of Annihilation and Lair of Antharas farming, which has mobs that hit hard. I don't recommend taking crit chance or summoner spirit as certs.

As for Emergent skills, go for Image Emergent Physical Attack.

Also, depending on the server you're playing and the max level of subs, I would suggest you take the most useful PvE subclasses. If sub max level is 85, then Shillien Templar would be great for SoS just as an example.

Quote:
Best dyes for hunting

+DEX and +STR of course. Take off CON if you have an alt healer or something, otherwise, you can do okay without dyes at all.

Quote:
Best element on spear

Like I said before, it depends on where you will be spending most of your time farming. Holy is best for Lair of Antharas, Wind is better for Seed of Annihilation (Never go Earth on PvE weapon, Earth is mostly taken as a PvP element because of resistances taking an extra slot for both dance of earth guard and resist earth).

Quote:
Also when boost the skills should i go to power or earth boost

Power always. Element boost on skills are always taken for PvP purposes. You'll get more damage out of power (not duel of course) against mobs. Also, you have skills that lower the defense of the enemy like Image Armor Crush or Image Crushing Strike, so power will always give you way more damage.

Quote:
Want to know difference between elements on weapons for fighters

Not much to add here, it all comes down to synergy with skills and/or your current server population. Lots of titans take fire because of stuff like Image Infernal Form and stuff. It is entirely up to you though.

Quote:
Generally which is better defence or attack power

Not sure what you're trying to ask here.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:06 pm 
Duke

If it's purely for PvE, I would probably recommend Image Counter Spirit from summoners instead one of those defensive certs, but otherwise well said :)

OnlineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:47 pm 
Elder

Herlitz wrote:
If it's purely for PvE, I would probably recommend Image Counter Spirit from summoners instead one of those defensive certs, but otherwise well said :)

Yeah, that would work, I'm just used to tanking a lot on my Fortune Seeker since I play alone with boxes most of the time.

Counter Spirit is cool for polearm users though, that stuff will be proc'ing a lot :D.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:39 pm 
Vassal

Thanks HagenEx thanks Herlitz
yes in H5
there are just 3 sub-classes
max level is 85 for original class (80 for sub)
for dyes i have +dex +str also -int +wit (want to increase wit more ?)
i use spear mainly so i won't improve armor crush or crushing strike i haunt by spear so monsters in group
i will use heavy armor but now i use light just time to make a Elegia heavy one (I intend to full improve it with max elements :( :( )
what elements should be a lot in armor (3 elements (120 each one) in one piece of armor)
when you prefer wind or holy you considered weak point of enemy right or ability of element
Q what elements should i maximize for armor (haunting)
HagenEx i mean for dwarf should go to def or atk power when choosing
Herlitz actually Counter Spirit is pretty good (7% more atk power and 8% for atk speed )
may i recommend spirit as holy has a vampire effect so more damage more healing may better than Counter Defense(opinion here)
want to know effect of water (player recommended it to me)
Q we still have wings which one should i go for (if information needed i will provide)

no answer for icarus spear here a link if you couldn't remember i put a link but no permission
special ability to Icarus is stun ( with jwells i can do more stun ) i think it is cool
or Demitelum (other name Ghost Cleaner) more damage
the jwells like ant queen ring (+ hold atk rate by 20%) Q Increase my original ability not the weapon one or two

* Icarus Trident P/M.Atk 363/163
Anger ~ Red 15 When HP < = 15% P.Atk + 78
Crit.Stun ~ Green 15 48% Chance to Stun on Crit
Light ~ Blue 15 Weight Gauge + 20%

* Ghost Cleaner P/M.Atk 437/192
Guidance ~ Red 18 Accuracy + 8
Haste ~ Green 18 Atk Spd + 9%
Health ~ Blue 18 HP + 25%
if i choose ghost cleaner should i go for which one (is accuracy good for dwarf)
sorry our server in different language so it is a little hard to translate

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:30 pm 
Vassal

answer please

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:56 pm 
Elder

Quote:
yes in H5
there are just 3 sub-classes
max level is 85 for original class (80 for sub)

If max level is 80, then don't worry about which specific sub you get, since you will hardly spend any time on those except for maybe raiding lower lvl bosses.

Quote:
for dyes i have +dex +str also -int +wit (want to increase wit more ?)

You don't have a single skill that benefits from +WIT, so never get that. WIT is a magic class stat, for mages, healers, summoners, etc.

Quote:
i use spear mainly so i won't improve armor crush or crushing strike i haunt by spear so monsters in group
i will use heavy armor but now i use light just time to make a Elegia heavy one (I intend to full improve it with max elements :( :( )

Then if you're planning on going for Elegia Heavy, you can skip Counter: Defense and get an offensive certification skill like Herlitz suggested. Elegia Heavy gives Critical Chance and a good amount of p atk.

Quote:
what elements should be a lot in armor (3 elements (120 each one) in one piece of armor)

It depends on the server's population, though you should aim to have balanced elements. For example, if you see a lot of titans or sorcerers, you know they will have fire on their weapons. You add Water stones to 3 pieces of armor, so you'll get 180 fire resistance and add fire stones to 2 pieces so you end up with 120 water resistance.

Most dagger classes have earth on their weapons, so go for 3 pieces with earth resistance (wind stones) and 2 with wind resistance.

Necromancers, Spectral Masters, some Spellhowlers and Soulhounds mostly go for dark, so get 3 pieces with dark resistance.

You get the deal. In the end you should have more than 120 on each element resistance without counting buffs, equipment, cloak, skill enchants, etc. That is a "balanced" character.

Quote:
when you prefer wind or holy you considered weak point of enemy right or ability of element

Weak point, yes. Fortune Seeker's abilities HAVE NO ELEMENT, until you enchant them. They are simple physical skills.

Quote:
Q what elements should i maximize for armor (haunting)

Read above.

Quote:
HagenEx i mean for dwarf should go to def or atk power when choosing

Since it's a PvE character, go for p atk, it will improve your hunting and grinding.

Quote:
want to know effect of water (player recommended it to me)

Again, this is up to you, though there's no endgame monsters weak to water in High 5 (Wouldn't say Drakos Hunters are endgame, their drops suck).

Quote:
Q we still have wings which one should i go for (if information needed i will provide)

That's definitely a custom feature, so I have no idea, maybe post pics with the stats.

Quote:
no answer for icarus spear

Icarus spear is useless for SoA and LoA farming (unless the server has the mobs modified). They're resistant to stun, so I would always go for a Haste spear with the highest p atk.

That weapon you mentioned, the "ghost cleaner" must be a custom weapon, if it is, then there's maybe custom areas with custom mobs. In that case, a lot of the suggestions I've given won't be that useful since I've had in mind a retail setting (no customs).

Would help to know the name/features of the server.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:29 am 
Vassal

thanks
for wings it is like -5%evasion +5% def & -5%phy def +5% att speed and so on
for icarus i see him because 48% chance to stun
for wit dwarf has a low casting speed also int don't need
then i will go for holy
to elements on armor i meant for haunting not pvp
what do you mean by custom weapon it is just a weapon i will buy from cat but the higher one (it is expensive lol)
features of the server :-
skill and exp 10x
adena 50x
items fall 2x for dwarf 3x
did you mean that ?
Q I want to know but this time for pvp
when i have a 300 earth weapon hit a player with a 200 earth armor
also 0 earth with a 200 earth armor
in another way i have 300 element weapon hitting in first a 200 same element armor and second 0 same element armor (different) i understand the effect of element on me
at last in deep dragon valley a well dwarf (enhanced skills - high armor and weapon) will haunt good or his weakness will affect (just has blood and drop)
thanks again i just needed the answer to begin spending adena :) :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:00 pm 
Vassal

waiting :D :D

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:40 pm 
Duke

Well the 48% chance is base one without resists, but since the mobs are naturally stun resistant, it will be more like ~5%. Not mentioning that you actually like the mobs hitting you since it increases your chance to proc the sub cert skills :)

OnlineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:24 pm 
Vassal

no don't mean that i went to Ghost Cleaner . it is already +6 and 300 holy :D :D
i am waiting the answer of wings i prefer -5% p def +5% att speed also -5% p def +5% evasion
and question about earth (as an example) on pvp in different situations (see above)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:29 pm 
Vassal

:oops: :oops: :oops:

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:16 am 
Elder

Sorry, I don't check pmfun that often anymore.

About attributes in PvP, refer to this chart:

Quote:
Attribute Attack - Attribute Defense comparison

1 0.3948%
2 0.7896%
3 1.1844%
4 1.5792%
5 1.974%
6 2.3688%
7 2.7636%
8 3.1584%
9 3.5532%
10 3.948%
11 4.3428%
12 4.7376%
13 5.1324%
14 5.5272%
15 5.922%
16 6.3168%
17 6.7116%
18 7.1064%
19 7.5012%
20 7.896%
21 8.2908%
22 8.6856%
23 9.0804%
24 9.4752%
25 9.87%
26 10.2648%
27 10.6596%
28 11.0544%
29 11.4492%
30 11.844%
31 12.2388%
32 12.6336%
33 13.0284%
34 13.4232%
35 13.818%
36 14.2128%
37 14.6076%
38 15.0024%
39 15.3972%
40 15.792%
41 16.1868%
42 16.5816%
43 16.9764%
44 17.3712%
45 17.766%
46 18.1608%
47 18.5556%
48 18.9504%
49 19.3452%
50-149 19.74%
150-299 39.73%
300+ 69.63%

So, for example, if you have a weapon with 300 earth element, and the enemy has 200 earth defense, you will deal 19.74% more damage, because 100 points of difference will land you in the 50-149 threshold.

Now, if you have a weapon with 300 earth element, and the enemy has zero earth defense, you will deal 69.36% more damage, because more than 300+ difference will land you in that threshold.

Here is a graphic:

About the wings, feel free to use whatever you feel like. +evasion is only good if you're going for a light armor build. I'd take something else if wearing heavy.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:57 pm 
Vassal

Thanks a lot HagenEx
then i will go for +att speed wing
last Q in sub class in Master Ability skills i prefer increase Critical Rate (+30 to rate)
or to Great Physical Offense (+49 to p. att)
critical rate is bad for spear
Thanks again i really need Attribute Defense comparison information along time ago :oops: :oops:

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:39 pm 
Duke

Are you sure you can't pick a better class-specific sub skill? I always thought the Master Ability skills are a newbie trap and nobody really picks them :D

But anyway if you really want it, I'd probably go for the Crit for the spear, these 30 points should be legible

OnlineProfile