Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: question as a potential new player : are "beginner friendly"
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:51 am 
Vagabond

Hi everyone,

I am considering getting into the game and I saw the unofficial ranking of characters by degree of "beginner friendliness".

Although these kinds of noob-friendly characters are essential to the game, I wonder whether after a while they remain "cast-out" as you become more proficient with the game as they would be too simple to be interesting. I am notably thinking about sole basic characters from S3, such as Ryu or Ken, which I like.

So, in essence, my question is the following: if you play regularly and start becoming more proficient at the game, do those characters remain interesting to play?

thanks

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: question as a potential new player : are "beginner frien
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:18 pm 
Elder

jilein wrote:
Hi everyone,

I am considering getting into the game and I saw the unofficial ranking of characters by degree of "beginner friendliness".

Although these kinds of noob-friendly characters are essential to the game, I wonder whether after a while they remain "cast-out" as you become more proficient with the game as they would be too simple to be interesting. I am notably thinking about sole basic characters from S3, such as Ryu or Ken, which I like.

So, in essence, my question is the following: if you play regularly and start becoming more proficient at the game, do those characters remain interesting to play?

thanks

This is a bot post you watch :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:50 pm 
Duke

inkblot wrote:
jilein wrote:
Hi everyone,

thanks

Defo :D They often make a "regular" post and try to add links to it later. I like to lock their posts from editing just to mess with them, such as this one :mrgreen:

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:42 am 
Elder

Herlitz wrote:
inkblot wrote:
jilein wrote:
Hi everyone,

thanks

Defo :D They often make a "regular" post and try to add links to it later. I like to lock their posts from editing just to mess with them, such as this one :mrgreen:

Not sure what it is. But while reading this the hairs on my neck stand up. Plus it does not feel right.

What is S3 and who are Ryu and Ken?

Dont lock it. Let him put in the link. Then you can delete the thread. Maybe start banning these asshats on Hwid info. Might start cutting down on them.

Last edited by inkblot on Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:57 am 
Duke

They are Street Fighter characters.

ImageImageImageImage Image

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:51 am 
Elder

Ruud44 wrote:

And this is a Lineage 2 thread. So I think I am right about the OP. This will be a spam message once he inserts that url.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 6:50 am 
Duke

Ruud44 wrote:

Wow Ruud, nice to see you again! Dang, it's great to see some OGs around. How are you doing? Still playing L2 somewhere?

inkblot wrote:
Ruud44 wrote:

And this is a Lineage 2 thread. So I think I am right about the OP. This will be a spam message once he inserts that url.

Yeah it's definitely a spammer. I think by now they have ways to avoid everything I throw at them, I just banhammer them most of the time. Though in some cases - such as this one - I rather lock the post so they can't edit it later, partly because it may dissuade from posting spam in the future and partly because it annoys them :P Though I never really know if it's a script bot or some Bangladeshi dude being paid 7 cents an hour posting these... Anyway Im moving this thread to offtopic, now I am definitely not deleting it now that Ruud44 is here :mrgreen:

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:06 pm 
Elder

Love your sense of Humour.

On a positive note this forum is getting traffic of sorts.

OfflineProfile