Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Aion® will be free-to-play!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:07 am 
Count

http://www.aionfreetoplay.com

Quote:
Hello,

In February 2012, Aion® will become free-to-play in Europe. As a player on the European servers, you need to be aware of a few important changes that will occur, and you will also need to do a few things to prepare for this exciting change.

You undoubtedly have lots of questions and want to know more about what is planned in the free-to-play model. Prepare now, and get great rewards!
We have made a special website that answers your questions: http://www.aionfreetoplay.com. There, you can review an FAQ that explain what's coming and send in your own questions for our Support Team to answer.

See you at http://www.aionfreetoplay.com.

© 2009-2011 NCsoft. AION® is a registered trademark of NCsoft Corporation. Published by Gameforge 4D GmbH. All rights reserved. All other registered trademarks or trademarks are property of their respective owners.

http://www.aionfreetoplay.com

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Aion® will be free-to-play!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:11 am 
Viscount

hmm so they earned enough with free2play lineage2 and NC coins so they wanna try it also with Aion :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:54 pm 
Vagabond

Aion was supposed to succeed with a task no other MMORPG ever managed to work out. It was often referred to as the "WoW-Killer" since it was expected to drive WoW out of the market. However, after three years it is definitely clear that WoW is a strong competitor - too strong for Aion. Although having received the coveted Gamescom Award for the "Best Online-Game", the old system has to yield as a decreasing number of players proofed that Aion missed its goal. Of course, this happened for a reason; i.e. "Gameguard", NCSoft's anti cheat solution which has been under heavy criticism for having grave security gaps. Following the criticism, the publisher decided to remove its cheating protection. The result was an even larger loss of players, so NCSoft was forced to adopt more drastic measures: In February 2012, Aion is going to become free-to-play. In addition to this huge change, there will be a new class and several other changes introduced.

Not only the entire system changed to free-to-play, but also the publisher did. Gameforge is now in command of the game. A questionable move, since Gameforge has just recently made bad headlines. What is clear, however, is that players who want to stick to their accounts will be forced to sign a declaration of consent, allowing NCSoft to transmit their data to Gameforge.

Players who still own or used to own valid Game-Time are being given "Veteran"-status which enables unlimited trade system use, just to name one example. Most free-to-play-games alike, there will be also a premium system which unlocks exclusive features to to its subscribers.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:49 pm 
Knight

-> http://www.aionfreetoplay.com/website/features/

You'll still end up paying at least once unless you are an old player. The gold pack seems necessary in the end to enjoy the game completely. :s And this looks like you have to pay now and then as it stats "temporary" on top.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:12 am 
Heir

I played Aion for a few months on a private server, and I it's nowhere near Lineage 2.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:15 am 
Duke

If you want aion, never play private servers. They're plain bad. I've spent a few months on retail at launch. I'll tell you why aion failed: class balance and too much grind.

You would simply create a sorcerer or archer, and it would be gg. Aside from the fact that the sorcerer farms hell fast, it also has sleep, root and some sort of spell which turns you into a tree (sleep effect, if you got damaged you would wake up). Pair that with a success rate of around 90% and voila.
They evened out the class balance, but it was already late. They introduced a one month f2p for all existing accounts, but another problem became more racking, grind. The rewards for bosses were ridiculously low. Not to mention most drops weren't tradeable so if you would accidentally roll for the wrong item you needed to destroy it.

Aion now is a pretty nice game. I'd prefer it over wow, IF it had the population it once had. Also, they need to change the idea of one universal battle ground. It's retarded to go farm as a lvl 25 in there since you will surely get asscracked by some higher level. The best gear is acquired there, through mobs and pvp.

What was nice compared to lineage was that level difference really was a difference. In lineage pvp between a level 66 and a level 68 isn't much of a difference. In aion it sure is.

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:40 am 
Baron

lol that`s pay to play
at l2 they don`t restrict you form anything in the game and here you have to pay for more badges more xp more gathering and other shit i do hope i`ll get veteran acc as their page states.

F2P aion model is a bad.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:59 pm 
Count

Yeah, its bad this F2P, at least for starter account. But I guess they made it F2P for more money.
However it will be released tomorrow.

http://www.aionfreetoplay.com/website/news/releasedate

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:15 am 
Duke

Pinko wrote:
lol that`s pay to play
at l2 they don`t restrict you form anything in the game and here you have to pay for more badges more xp more gathering and other shit i do hope i`ll get veteran acc as their page states.

F2P aion model is a bad.

Even with a Veteran account you get HUGE restrictions in comparison to a Premium one.

It just seems like NC is testing things for its upcoming games.

ImageImageImageImage Image

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:05 am 
Baron

even if i can run this game it moves like crap in populated areas so until i buy some rocket PC ill stay to L2 and wow

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:37 am 
Duke

Cmon the graphics ain't that bad. I used to run it on an E6320, 4 gigs of ram and 9600gt. And it was decent even with maximum-ish details.

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:26 am 
Marquis

hdtv wrote:
even if i can run this game it moves like crap in populated areas so until i buy some rocket PC ill stay to L2 and wow

aion run much more smoothly then l2

and as caras says graphic is not that bad

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:35 pm 
Duke

Dunno, what you guys are talking about but mass pvp in AION = slideshow for me.

That purple cloud is players' names :)

ImageImageImageImage Image

OfflineProfile