Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Dota2
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:28 pm 
Viscount

Hello, I heard about this game from friends (they are playng it). Can somebody tell me what is this game about and its features? Is it free, good and exciting?

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Dota2
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:39 pm 
Forum Troll

adames wrote:
Hello, I heard about this game from friends (they are playng it). Can somebody tell me what is this game about and its features? Is it free, good and exciting?

www.google.com

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:02 pm 
Duke

My friend, dota 2 hasnt even gone to beta yet. If u are interested, go try Dota on garena. Check garena's website and u'll see all the info u need

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:05 pm 
Viscount

I can search google and check sites, but I wanna know your feelings about that game, etc...Not articles which someone wrote.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:26 pm 
Duke

Basically its an arena game where u play 5v5 (normally) with different characters and each one has their specific abilities. U start lvl 1 everytime and must kill creeps(mobs) to get gold and exp. The u buy items and pwn noobs with ur uber farm.

I like it, but the original dota is very old, its a mod for wc3. U can find good "replacements" nowadays. Closest thing to dota out there is heroes of newerth. Then u have others like demigod (dead game), realm of the titans, bloodline champions and league of legends, which are similar, but have their own mechanics, heroes (characters) and maps

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:25 pm 
Forum Troll

i dont like such games because i like playing in big gaming world
not 3 corridors and jungles inbetween and a river to camp runes

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:38 pm 
Duke

Yeah me too, but sometimes I just want a game in which I can compete with the other players without having to spend shitloads of time farming.

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:47 pm 
Duke

Yeah. I like both types. Dota games are good for when u dont have time/patience to spend 10h/day farming and u can just get some fast "pvp" with fun and strategical elements (far more skill needed than l2)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:24 pm 
Viscount

Now there is gonna be a invitational beta, in couple of months a public beta, and in 2012 they r gonna start it ( it is possible the invitational beta is on right now ). From the one million dollars tournament ( which was streamed live ) the game looks realistic but... kinda sleepy...imo hon is much more dynamic. As for mmorpg and moba, they are both great but l2 wow and so on got old. Blade&soul is gonna be awsome, terra is awsome....ummmm there was one-" Continent of the nine" and others.....but they need a hard pc. I jumped from l2 to hon and i can say... moba games offer more than mmorpg right now. As above l2- if u have time, moba games (dota hon lol)- if u dont thats all...there is only one bad thing tho.... if u havent played at least 3 months moba games, get ready for super mega hard flames and trolling, the communities of dota hon lol are the MOST hatefull of all...u will be called noobs, tards " die in car crash", " pls die", "go die, "u and ur family die", "just die" and there are gonna be a lot kick votes for u...in other words get rdy for hard trolling baby, if u think that in l2 is awful, get rdy for hell :D .

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:42 pm 
Duke

Try LoL :shock: Pretty same as Dota, but better :D

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:49 pm 
Duke

Herlitz wrote:

Now THAT's absolutely subjective. I could give you a million reasons why Hon, and specially Dota are better, but I'm not hating on Lol, I respect it as a game, it's just more casual and it's good at attracting a lot of casual players, and also some pros. But if u want smth more than just pretty characters and skills go for hon or dota.

@orodras: I agree that dota2 is still very rough, but Im sure they will come up with cool ideas and make a much better game than what we saw at the international. Also, I agree with the community aspect. Get rdy to get flammed HARD. Unless u go to Lol, they are all bads there so u'll be fine (haters gonna hate)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:51 pm 
Duke

It's free and it's not from Blizzard, what else would you want? :D
I'm lvl 11 there so won't change anyway :D

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:55 pm 
Viscount

Herlitz wrote:

I never played Dota1 :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:16 am 
Viscount

razveck wrote:
Herlitz wrote:

Now THAT's absolutely subjective. I could give you a million reasons why Hon, and specially Dota are better, but I'm not hating on Lol, I respect it as a game, it's just more casual and it's good at attracting a lot of casual players, and also some pros. But if u want smth more than just pretty characters and skills go for hon or dota.

@orodras: I agree that dota2 is still very rough, but Im sure they will come up with cool ideas and make a much better game than what we saw at the international. Also, I agree with the community aspect. Get rdy to get flammed HARD. Unless u go to Lol, they are all bads there so u'll be fine (haters gonna hate)

y y thats what i said, that is the reason they pushed the opening to 2012 :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:47 am 
Duke

orodras wrote:
Now there is gonna be a invitational beta, in couple of months a public beta, and in 2012 they r gonna start it ( it is possible the invitational beta is on right now ). From the one million dollars tournament ( which was streamed live ) the game looks realistic but... kinda sleepy...imo hon is much more dynamic. As for mmorpg and moba, they are both great but l2 wow and so on got old. Blade&soul is gonna be awsome, terra is awsome....ummmm there was one-" Continent of the nine" and others.....but they need a hard pc. I jumped from l2 to hon and i can say... moba games offer more than mmorpg right now. As above l2- if u have time, moba games (dota hon lol)- if u dont thats all...there is only one bad thing tho.... if u havent played at least 3 months moba games, get ready for super mega hard flames and trolling, the communities of dota hon lol are the MOST hatefull of all...u will be called noobs, tards " die in car crash", " pls die", "go die, "u and ur family die", "just die" and there are gonna be a lot kick votes for u...in other words get rdy for hard trolling baby, if u think that in l2 is awful, get rdy for hell :D .

True. If you want to join the hon community take some nerve pills. I'm serious.

About lol: it's more casual, that's why it's played better than hon. Also, it's been free since I know it. Hon is free for like 2 weeks now and population at peak hours raised from 40k to almost 60k now. This game is surely gonna die when dota 2 comes out. S2 games have done a lot of stupid stuff that people won't forget. Also, they like turning off matchmaking without giving reasons, stuff like that. They don't let us know anything and that's why this company will die. Maliken really doesn't deserve all that money. Completely unprofessional staff.

fosho!

OfflineProfile