Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Real xeebra - should I restart it? -Pete
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:32 pm 
Vagabond

Hey Guys,

This is Pete from xeebra. I've recently been putting together a portfolio of my work and in the process dug up a bunch of backups of xeebra's old data. Not the most recent but pretty recent.

In short, I'm wondering if there's enough interest to make it worthwhile to get it back up and running. I had some great times developing and running it in the past and I'd be happy to do it again. Let me know what you think here and spread the word for others to post their thoughts.

Thanks,
Pete

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Real xeebra - should I restart it? -Pete
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:07 pm 
Marquis

Any server is worth restarting as long as u commit yourself to providing a stable server , free of corruption.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:13 pm 
Vagabond

Thanks for the reply Kata.

How many players are on new-ish L2 servers nowadays? How do people find out about servers? Gamesitse200 was big when I was running xeebra but it looks ridiculously corrupt now.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:25 pm 
Marquis

Well hopzone became the no1. site for server advertising. Regarding forums and communities pmfun and max cheaters are the biggest ones.
Since l2 became f2p the population on privates went down , and less and less people are willing to open new servers.

Every week there is a new mid rate opening with custom stuff , the average online on this servers is always around 200 . However there are big - on most of them , either lag or corruption or bad server files.

Being succesfull while opening a low rate private server is a rather suicidal approach in my opinion nowadays , unless u plan on opening a server like c5 or interlude. The average lifespan of such a server won't be higher than 3 months and can reach great numbers. The new Dex right now has around 1,6 - 2k people online and is using interlude files.

There is planned a restart of old BFDR 100x interlude with no customs.

An interestin setup is used by Skirmish pvp server , however the BETA period is heavily customised and a lot of classes have been disabled from the game as well as many features. However the concept is rlly nice and it will have quite a big population. Copyleft , the admin is a really cool guy , and brought many player to his server by offering what most people ar elooking , an instant pvp server.

OfflineProfile