Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Summeners in siege
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:57 am 
Knight

I saw threads about tankers archers and mages now i ask about summoners, any info?

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:22 am 
Duke

Well, a summoner in mass pvp will be always wanted as a support. The ES has Seraphim, must have one in a mage party. The WK has Queen, must have one in DD party. The PS has Nightshade, good for tanking (guards) and healing in emergency.

As a summoner, you probably wont use any DD summon in siege. So, focus on supporting your summon, party members and debuffing enemies.

You have very good debuffs with any summoner. Warrior/Mage bane, wind shackle, betray, nightshade has some debuffs too. So, the basic is just keep your self away from the action. Try to debuff some guys, but never put yourself at risk, just like any support.

But, lets say that you are ES but there are no mage parties :/ thats when you will rock the siege. Never forget to have your summon fully buffed just like any other char. You can use Merrow and /hydro screw a horde of players, or you can use Mirage/Magnus and beat them one by one.

Also never forget: you cant send your summon to attack someone and if that person runs, dont let the summon go after him. That way you will lose contact with the summon (the status window disappears) and he can be killed easily. OR, the person will run towards his party/clan/ally members and they will zerg your summon, and theres nothing you can do.

Remeber: a summoner with mana is a winner player. Try to have as much mana as you can. Even if you have to cut a bit on C.speed, more mana is always better. If you dont have the C.speed to heal your summon while he fights (always be in party with healer), have him coming back to you and heal him without the pressure of being attacked. I preffer to keep my summon alive even if I dont kill anyone, cos my party will.

And theres not much to say...

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:05 am 
Count

ES with Merrow and a Spellsinger.

Throw the little pony. Mass Surrender to Water and that Massive Horse's Hydro Blast, after it spellsinger with Aqua Splash.

PS will surely chose Nightshade for heals.
Warlock can act as buffer with Queen, or throw the cat to death.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:07 am 
Viscount

Vawned wrote:

Throw the little pony. Mass Surrender to Water and that Massive Horse's Hydro Blast, after it spellsinger with Aqua Splash.

mass water surrender ftw. u don't have any attacking skills, so if u got some spare mana u can us it to heal sps.
use weapon with conversion.

//lol, stop makeing those siege topics.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:42 am 
Vassal

mystiq wrote:

mass water surrender ftw. u don't have any attacking skills,

the Summoner is not a Nuke but SPS is, and thats why u use Mas Surender to Water...

P.S. r u blind or stupid ?

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:22 am 
Count

mystiq wrote:
Vawned wrote:

mass water surrender ftw. u don't have any attacking skills, so if u got some spare mana u can us it to heal sps.
use weapon with conversion.

//lol, stop makeing those siege topics.

Mass Surrender + Merrow(or magnus) AoE spell + Spellsinger AoE Spell. :D

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:42 am 
Duke

Policov wrote:
mystiq wrote:

the Summoner is not a Nuke but SPS is, and thats why u use Mas Surender to Water...

ahah, one more guy underestimating the power of summoners. So, u think that a summoner isnt a nuker, huh? Lets see...ES and WK have a summon (those from 1st class), respectively Mirage the Unicorn and Mew the Cat, that have a skill called Mega Storm Strike. It is like Wind Strike, but as the summon's lvl increases, the attack becomes stronger. It's like evolving from Wind strike to Twister to Hurricane. For example in oly, as a ex-hero ES, I used Mirage. As I knew that most players would come for me, I just nuked with Mirage, and u know what? Most players died from 3-4 hits, except tanks, destro, etc. So, never say a summoner is not a nuker

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:19 pm 
Marquis

well the summoner isnt a nuker
the summon is ^^

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:28 pm 
Viscount

Policov wrote:
mystiq wrote:

r u stupid and dumb, or u just can't read? maybe u could ask some1 else to read u my post.

razveck: indeed. summoners r powerfull, but most of ppl that play them just use summon. how many times i beat summoner just by running away and being chased by summon xD
i don't know, maybe they mistook L2 with pokemons ^^ [go get him pony!]

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:41 pm 
Duke

GO PIKACHU, LIghtning Strike!!!!!

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:42 pm 
Duke

pokemon sucks :twisted:

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:39 pm 
Viscount

Shalana wrote:
pokemon sucks :twisted:

did u rly had to double post? is it so hard to click on 'edit' button? it's actually made for some reason...

pokemons r nice. i remember that i enjoyed 1st verion when i was young and pokemon gameboy colour game was very entertaining xD

pokemons r also a good think that u can relate too, cuz be serious, most of summoners used to play pokemnos... very deeply... and now we have 'fruits' of it like a 2000 distance between summon and summoner xD

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:46 pm 
Duke

I HAD to doublepost.
Man u don't know this feeling. U just feel u have to do something and you cannot resist. Believe me I always feel this when I see my mother baking pie or something like this. :)

Sorry, i'm just kidding. Next time i will be more careful :)

My little brother still play pokemon since 2000. And the whole family hates those disgusting things.
BTW I think summonner should hit the enemy too.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:11 am 
Viscount

Shalana wrote:
I HAD to doublepost.
Man u don't know this feeling. U just feel u have to do something and you cannot resist. Believe me I always feel this when I see my mother baking pie or something like this. :)

Sorry, i'm just kidding. Next time i will be more careful :)

My little brother still play pokemon since 2000. And the whole family hates those disgusting things.
BTW I think summonner should hit the enemy too.

he should use summon as it was made to be used. u don't use zaptos to attack with fly, but with thudershock or thunerball. jesus.

summoner can attack, indeed. he should have light set and duals [s80/s-g] and attack enemy just to make him panic and change the target, then run and let summon attack enemy from the back [summons can do that cuz of very big speed]. or just heal summon if he wears DC set.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:28 am 
Duke

yup, correct, another thing u can do is (if u have mobs around), target smth and make pet "move to target", then u will see that the enemy most of the times, attacks u, so u run a bit, spam CP pots, and then call summon while enemy is distracted. From what i've seen, after this the guy freaks off cos he his getting hit and doing shitty damage to the summoner, so he'll attack summon eventualy, and we all know that's wrong.

Also, classes like tanks, WL or other ultra fortress classes that dont do good damage will tend to attack ur summon. They wont do much damage to u and they keep getting buttkicked by ur summon behind him, and they eventualy piss off and attack summon. Once more...wrong thing to do. Then, u will heal the summon and they will do another thing, they will change target to u, so u do it again, bla bla bla. GF

OfflineProfile