Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: What should the healer do at sieges
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:17 pm 
Forum Troll

Same as all previous topics but here i can help a bit more cuz i have some more exp of healers in sieges

description:healers-->weak classes in open field combat where ur oponent may be buffed,low hp/cp class,not debuffers,not damage dealers
so ur main role is to stay alive-u r alive->u r able to heal->u heal ur friends are alive too->friends alive=enemyes down
so most needed healers at sieges are the bishops(ive been 1)->able to throw fast heals(battle heals) and able to balance lives and etc-->rly usefull
at sieges u r the rabbit that the dogs chase cuz u r the bastard that still keeps those archers/tanks or whatever alive
u must stay alive as long as possible and keep ur profile low(just like daggers) allawayes look around(ur fellows may retreat or get disconnected or lag or u may be rushed by ur sides from other pts),and most important-->comunicate all the time with clan leader,party leader and tanker(or heavy armor high hp class-->they rly do some shit) teamspeak is just great,also u all the time need to watch ur mana cuz u donno when u may get attacked...all ask what eq would be best for healers at siege thats hard say but we can follow some logix:
1)dc set + acumen weapon-->high cast spd=faster heals,speed bonus-still some chances to run away,tiny 7% pdef bonus is still something but ur mana is rly lower(no mana up SA weapon and -2 men from ur set)
2)tallum set+mana up weapon-great set for healers classes +int -men dye effect of armor 8% mdef(long ranged nukers rly are able to kick u hard)
+sa mana up 30% higher mana u can stand there way longer
3)mj set +conversion weapon-->stun resistance bonus may RLY help,15% cast spd-cast bonus=u r faster in reaction,shitloadz of mana gained by armor mana bonus and ur weapon SA bonus but ur healt rly rly sux..
its up to u to decide wich armor fits u best(we all have different playstyles)
now ill leave the ee and se guides to u guys but before that liiiiiitle info
SE-mainly buffer role-->slow caster so he is better at waiting at spawns and buffing mages and recharging and well u get me
EE-better version of the SE with higher cast spd and higher MEN so clarity rly helps him and he may stand there rly long,1 more thing ur high cast spd + acumen weapon make u rly powerfull
thats all now go on and no flames plz..

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:37 pm 
Duke

healers have to be pretty experienced when it comes to sieges. Avoiding damage may sound easy, but remember that once one gets you, you may make a quick trip to the second town/ch/hq.
I advise all newbies that want to play healer class in sieges NOT TO PANIC AND OVERREACT. You are an important part of the siege.

fosho!

Last edited by Icarus on Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:30 am 
Count

Shalana wrote:
Very well.
So
At sieges SE must wear something what gives a big boost of casting speed.
I prefer tallum robe set. If u want to heal only, take a mana up weapon with you (I prefer Dasparion staff or carnage bow.) . It's better than conversion at this situation ( conversion = 2200 hp xD ) Acumen is good, but your mana will be down in a few moments. Stay back. Never try to kill characters who are stronger than you. If u have a ranged weapon, you can assist your friends, but don't be too ostenatatious. Try to be invisible. ( i know its impossible, but i love to hide behind things, and use party heals sometimes. )

Very important, if you have time, but u want to use less mana, use simple heal, not greater. Simple heal heals the 66% of greater heal, but cost only 50 % of its mana. That means u can use 2 simple heals and u made a 132% heal of a greater heal. ( i know it use extra spiritshot )

Beware of archers and nukers, and especially of daggers. If u can avoid them u have better chances to survive. U don't have to afraid of destroyers, They have better things to do than running after you.
If they target you, well u are dead. ( My root sucks on them. )

You are a bad healer at sieges. So I don't think your clan will want you to heal. U will mainly recharge i think.

BUT if u want to stay long with mana, i prefer maja robe set with conversion or mana up weapon.

Sorry for this crappy guide, im tired :cry:

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:55 am 
Viscount

hm... topic for another kick ass trick ;p

tallum robe or majestic robe overenchanted + some tateo for def [u rly dont need rb on bish] . agreed about weapon- sth with conversion or tall*tall.

stick in some distance to ur ppl. try to be enought close to heal everyone from ur clan. sit as much as u can without being disposed.
get second set [tallum light for mp and regen] and wear it when ur sitting or idling.

and that'll be all.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:47 am 
Count

Yeah, a Tallum*DLE (sure, if u can afford it) may sounds good. +CP/+HP means that you stay stand a little longer, and it still helps with some extra MP.

But I don't know anything about healers, so I'll leave. :P

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:23 pm 
Forum Troll

thank u for deleting all useless posts:)v nice clean-up
guys what do u think should we have another topic for classes like ol,wc at sieges?half mages half debuffers half buffers?or we can post some tips here in healers topic?

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:29 pm 
Duke

We could make a topic about enchanters too. Meaning buffers, dancers and singers.

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:29 pm 
Forum Troll

exactly my point!thats why when ppl ask noob questions i go berserk and say: USE SEARCH!
everything may be writen here so every newcomer can easly find everything he needs:)

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:35 pm 
Forum Troll

ok its ur turn now:)

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:46 pm 
Duke

Well, i will help u as i can.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:52 pm 
Forum Troll

go on shalana:D

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:06 pm 
Viscount

Well... More than 4 posts are off topic.... :P

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:24 pm 
Viscount

in siege as cardi you have to stay as far as possible from fight no matter wich equipment you have on you
a 76+ archer full buffed with cov crit you for 2.5k and you have around 5.3k hp with b2b6 and con +4 (+ 2.4k CP) at 78
up to 6.3k hp with cov

you are the really 1st target, as cardi in siege i use it as a trick
i force ennemies to chase me and run to my clanmates to kill anybody i was able to kite.

once i get the 1st hit, i cast celestial shield and run
after that i stay behin at the max distance i can.

Some tricks : balance lifes works at very far distance and obstacles don't matter (you can heal your party friend behind a wall)
same for major group heal and mass ressurection

peace can cancel your opponent's target, very usefull

magical backfire is a pain in the ass for opponent (especially sws, bd and nukers) but don't use it during a rush.

If opponents are around you and u still have celestial shield, cast it and then mass block shield/ww and mana storm till u die.

the 1st mission of your party is to keep you alive so they have to kill ennemies trying to kill you 1st and you have to be the main targeter because as healer you have more time and better view in a fight than anyone else.

for your info, a healer can't go for +int dye, only +wit or +men

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:27 pm 
Elder

So as far as i am concerned the healer should be the organiser of th e party.
He stays behind his party members and heal or buff them if profet.
All the party members assist the healer when he says so (macro helps).
That way the enemy is taking hits from 4 or 5 chars and there is no chance of survival..
A Cardinal with a tank in the front gate (the supporter stays hiden behind the doors IN the castle) and a tank OUTSITE is the best choise for me....The tank kites the enemy near the castle walls where he is healed. Above the gates on the walls a PP organising the party keeps 5 ARCHERS constantly buffed to kill the enemies brought by the tank...
And if you have the unleamited zoom patch you can zoom aout enough to heal allys on the other site of the walls

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:45 pm 
Count

SKOURIAS wrote:
All the party members assist the healer when he says so (macro helps).
That way the enemy is taking hits from 4 or 5 chars and there is no chance of survival..

Healer a MA? rofl. You can take a bow with you to deal some damage too.
Omg, a healer purpose is to heal. Not to take targets.
The only one who will take targets will be the MA and PL. Those two are arranged last in party (MA last one) , so you can assist more efficiently.
Entire party stays near MainAssist and partyleader, except healer/healers who will try to avoid entering the battlefield.

And that thing , that a tank outside of the gates can be healed from inside of the gates by healers, that's nonsense. If healers can heal, they can die easily also.
and a tank wouldn't do anythink, he isn't a menace to anyone in that position, and will die suddenly. The only ones that can stay behind the gates are OL's.

OfflineProfile