Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: The End of NextDev
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:51 am 
Viscount

From bfdr news
Quote:
I believe, a lot of you have been thinking why Gracia still has not been added if everything is finished and just the latest dll update is missing. Well, news is not so good for all l2off servers actually. NextDev team decided to close their project permanently due to inner disagreements in the team. That means that Gracia Final will be the latest update they are going to release. NextDev team was the leading team in l2off development so it is likely that l2off will be stuck in current Gracia Final version for a while (I am not sure if everything there is working while we have not got their dll) as NextDev team disagreed to divulge their source.
Source: http://www.bfdr.eu/?page=readmore&post=41145

How is this relevant to dex? They use nextdev files aswell.

Well even if dex has a original nextdev developer (as claimed) in their team
who actually works for em it means less updates== less stuff fixed
Dunno how big the original nextdev team was but it should definately be a setback.

Seems like l2off is slowly and painfully coming to an end.
Somehow its obvious how l2off cant keep up with all the updates anymore
because its harder to implement things then it is to l2j i guess and now nextdev disolves.

Anyways lets see how things develop :)

P.s.: nextdev.org doesnt work anymore ;|
P.p.s.: I might be kinda "late" with the news but well i was somehow busy with other stuff ;o
P.p.p.s.:I colored the main points for ppl who are to lazy to read

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: The End of NextDev
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:01 am 
Vassal

I can say that I still happy and calm.

I am together with a couple of peoples are opening a new server (based on L2OFF), and his files is totally coded with by staff. We'll launch in Gracia Final, and our version is very most complete than nextdev's release :D

And no, we do not have plans to sell our files and/or develop for others servers as well :)

Last edited by almighty on Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:03 am 
Marquis

BaMZziLIan wrote:
From bfdr news
Quote:
I believe, a lot of you have been thinking why Gracia still has not been added if everything is finished and just the latest dll update is missing. Well, news is not so good for all l2off servers actually. NextDev team decided to close their project permanently due to inner disagreements in the team. That means that Gracia Final will be the latest update they are going to release. NextDev team was the leading team in l2off development so it is likely that l2off will be stuck in current Gracia Final version for a while (I am not sure if everything there is working while we have not got their dll) as NextDev team disagreed to divulge their source.
Source: http://www.bfdr.eu/?page=readmore&post=41145

How is this relevant to dex? They use nextdev files aswell.

Well even if dex has a original nextdev developer (as claimed) in their team
who actually works for em it means less updates== less stuff fixed
Dunno how big the original nextdev team was but it should definately be a setback.

Seems like l2off is slowly and painfully coming to an end.
Somehow its obvious how l2off cant keep up with all the updates anymore
because its harder to implement things then it is to l2j i guess and now nextdev disolves.

Anyways lets see how things develop :)

P.s.: nextdev.org doesnt work anymore ;|
P.p.s.: I might be kinda "late" with the news but well i was somehow busy with other stuff ;o
P.p.p.s.:I colored the main points for ppl who are to lazy to read

actually nextdev was terribad...
wont mention here gracia final but for example frinteza network at start had 10x better HB files than dex ever, now their files r even better and servers which use same files as dex will never catch them up... if dex had the best features nextdev could bring up, closing next dev is not even a little lose for l2off "development"...

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:30 am 
Vassal

i think this notice will result in a big thread in some days... so, wait :mrgreen:

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:38 am 
Vassal

almighty wrote:

I am together with a couple of peoples are opening a new server (based on L2OFF), and his files is totally coded with by staff. We'll launch in Gracia Final, and our version is very most complete than nextdev's release :D

And no, we do not have plans to sell our files and/or develop for others servers as well :)

So lets get this straight, out of nowhere you finished a complete extender, including subsystems, small hooks to bigger movement of registers, research of the applications and created up to par with NextDev or dvamp, in terms of knowledge of the exe's?

Wow BS.

Especially considering most of us who started our own actual projects are somewhat aware of each other, and in-directly linked.

Could be L2J or could be the fabled leak.

Here's a tip to everyone with interest in L2Off.
When people speak AWESOME SHIZ YOO, get them to prove it.
Sneak peak at the sources, detailed explanations of how they change a VT structure, fool parsers to feed tokens for different objects, how they designed a system etc.

use logic sense.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:57 pm 
Vassal

MrMac wrote:
almighty wrote:

So lets get this straight, out of nowhere you finished a complete extender, including subsystems, small hooks to bigger movement of registers, research of the applications and created up to par with NextDev or dvamp, in terms of knowledge of the exe's?

Wow BS.

Especially considering most of us who started our own actual projects are somewhat aware of each other, and in-directly linked.

Could be L2J or could be the fabled leak.

Here's a tip to everyone with interest in L2Off.
When people speak AWESOME SHIZ YOO, get them to prove it.
Sneak peak at the sources, detailed explanations of how they change a VT structure, fool parsers to feed tokens for different objects, how they designed a system etc.

use logic sense.

I don't have nothing to proof. It will be a self proof during our launch.

And YOU should to use the logic sense. Not only your or another nextdev developers knows about reverse engineering
and binary patching. And I do not have 10 years, me and my staff are old enought to understand how to do it.

Or do you think that only nextdev have this "know how"? I know a lot of independent developers/servers which develops
they own extenders. NextDev is famous because they sell they extenders and so. And I must have to admit which NextDev's
extenders had quality, I only disagree about Hellbound and GF extenders.

I wish a good future for you and your friends, and I really wish that nextdev get back again. I just declared that I
and my staff do not depend on nextdev's work, just it.

(sorry my poor english)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:01 pm 
Marquis

nextdex was terribad so community of l2 private servers lose almost nothing... sad but true
like i said there r still some groups of devs who make their job a lot better, nextdev were well known... unfortunatelly (or rather fortunately in this situation) ONLY well known....

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:35 pm 
Vassal

Quote:
Or do you think that only nextdev have this "know how"? I know a lot of independent developers/servers which develops
they own extenders

Really? name them.

I'm interested - working alone is hard enough.

Quote:

No it won't.
RPG Club did the same, and where did it turn out in the end now ? ;)

BS, has always been flying madly across l2off.
People battling over having largest e-penis.
And you decided to flaut yours ALL OVER this thread, trying to pose as a replacement to the now loss it most likely will be for several servers.

PS: from your server:

Quote:
Q: Why not use L2OFF or L2J files?
"A: We have various reasons to do not use it. The first is because these files are public and have on almost L2 Servers around the world and have known unfixed bugs and exploits, and specially the L2OFF which have legalization problems."

Legalization problems?!
How are you L2OFF and yet not?

Fuck's sake kid, don't try and pose.
Instead be honest and you'll probably gain alot more.

Last edited by MrMac on Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:37 pm 
Vassal

BigLoL wrote:
nextdex was terribad so community of l2 private servers lose almost nothing... sad but true
like i said there r still some groups of devs who make their job a lot better, nextdev were well known... unfortunatelly (or rather fortunately in this situation) ONLY well known....

I agree since HB implementation... is so terribad IMO. Mainly the instanced zones implementation which is a open for a lot of bugs.

But they had good epochs, in IL for example. In the finnish, was a good implemented. (I remember the C4->IL migration on Wrath, it was truly terribad :(. But after a lot of works it got running fine).

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:40 pm 
Vassal

MrMac wrote:
Quote:
they own extenders

Really? name them.

Quote:

No it won't.

And you decided to flaut yours ALL OVER this thread, trying to pose as a replacement to the now loss it most likely will be for several servers.

No, i'm not a poser as you said. And we'll never serve as a replacement for nextdev's work, our work are our own work.

And no. I do not want to talk about your or my e-penis :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:50 pm 
Vassal

almighty wrote:
MrMac wrote:
Quote:
they own extenders

Really? name them.

Quote:

No it won't.

No, i'm not a poser as you said. And we'll never serve as a replacement for nextdev's work, our work are our own work.

And no. I do not want to talk about your or my e-penis :)

Fact remains, you even state on your own website your a custom fork emulator.
(Ill sell my left nut, if it's done without 90% influence from l2j over the years).

And in here you state the opposite, trying to bring your message that something is coming soon based on the c4 leaks, that's awesome and everyone should watch it!

That's e-penis ;)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:04 pm 
Vassal

cool, since you have crystal balls which allow you to see the future or hidden things. ;)

Why so much prepotence?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:24 pm 
Viscount

well in this case i have to agree with mrmac
There are many l2off extenders who claim to be super special but if you ask whats so special about their extender only answer you get is "selfproof at launch" and mostly that servers are lowrate (lol)
Imo nowadays its not enough to just say "selfproof at launch" nowadays if you wanna pull players on your server you have to tell em whats working and whats not and the best way is with proof (vids etc)
The players in the privateserver community did play several servers before and wont just be satisfied with "come try and see at server start" they dont wanna waste time

Some l2dc server in this forum had a great thread with youtube videos showing working pailaka and lvl 80 + epiliouge areas etc etc and infos
Thats how you make your server attractive not with telling ppl about your mysterious l2 software which popped out of nowwhere and which isnt l2j nor l2off?? with not giving any infos

P.s.: No offense but thats just my opinion. Anyways gl with your server almighty

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:35 pm 
Vassal

BaMZziLIan wrote:
well in this case i have to agree with mrmac
There are many l2off extenders who claim to be super special but if you ask whats so special about their extender only answer you get is "selfproof at launch" and mostly that servers are lowrate (lol)
Imo nowadays its not enough to just say "selfproof at launch" nowadays if you wanna pull players on your server you have to tell em whats working and whats not and the best way is with proof (vids etc)
The players in the privateserver community did play several servers before and wont just be satisfied with "come try and see at server start" they dont wanna waste time

Some l2dc server in this forum had a great thread with youtube videos showing working pailaka and lvl 80 + epiliouge areas etc etc and infos
Thats how you make your server attractive not with telling ppl about your mysterious l2 software which popped out of nowwhere and which isnt l2j nor l2off?? with not giving any infos

P.s.: No offense but thats just my opinion. Anyways gl with your server almighty

I understand your opinion, Bam.

I do not got offended in any time with you, don't worry :)

And about vids, we are preparing a cool video showing our server features. And I am planning to launch a testserver
some days before the official launch, to interested ppl test the server and do some bug reports (its very important for us).

You, MrMac and anyone who want to test the server, are invited to our testserver which I will launch soon (I'll announce here on pmfun when it occours).

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:59 pm 
Vassal

Quote:
And about vids, we are preparing a cool video showing our server features. And I am planning to launch a testserver
some days before the official launch, to interested ppl test the server and do some bug reports (its very important for us).

you don't get it do you?

You lie to gain e-penis/fame for your server, to raise awareness.
Get called out for this, and even state in your own little website the opposite of what your saying.

( AKA - your NOT using a the c1(meifu,sina or taih leak) or c4 leak(OpenPP/Eng TestServer leak 1, Dvampire/Eng Testserver leak 2, China/Korean Live Server Leak). )

And instead of defending yourself, you just ignore it and try some despeate attempts to slant back.

Good job.

Now, listen almighty - in the dearest way i can:

You give out false pretenses just like anyone else (wether l2j, l2off or insert millions of l2j forks here). And you give no proof for your pretenses/claims.

Why should anyone believe you've not bought some private l2j work?

Has your "team" done more work to the core and studied it (and actually know enough java/network structure to recode the bastard i/o thread que system that's still horrible) ?

Why would it not be the official l2j fork, with some features coded in, a few new systems `?

In the end, of course, problem isn't even you, nor anyone else who throws our false pretenses.
It's the players who eat up raw all day.

OfflineProfile  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next