Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:30 pm 
Vagabond

axxaxa

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:25 am 
Elder

Each castle has different strategies. Defending depends on the castle location and type. P.e. Goddard is a difficult castle because attackers can come from different angles and the ground is flat. Aden has only a small road leading to the castle and has many walls, etc... U are only interested in giran or in other castles too?

P.S.: A very common strategy is keep your army together and wait for the attackers to come, so you can hit them with your full strength. But i consider it, rather useless in castles like Dion or Goddard when the enemy can come at you from different ways at the same time. Before u defend try to send spies and learn how your enemy is going to attack so you can prepare accordingly.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:18 am 
Vagabond

As of now only 2 castle were being occupied on our server. Oren and Giran. as for now Giran is the Trading center. due to the fact that giran has high income our rival alliance have the same interest on this castle. Last siege we focus our defense at inner castle gaurding the innerdoor in full strength archers and mage on balcony. luckily we defended the castle but i think the next siege will be tougher since they already know our defense strategy. and now im thinking for another defense strategy.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:26 pm 
Elder

Morelo wrote:
As of now only 2 castle were being occupied on our server. Oren and Giran. as for now Giran is the Trading center. due to the fact that giran has high income our rival alliance have the same interest on this castle. Last siege we focus our defense at inner castle gaurding the innerdoor in full strength archers and mage on balcony. luckily we defended the castle but i think the next siege will be tougher since they already know our defense strategy. and now im thinking for another defense strategy.

That's a common strategy for giran and effective too, i have to admit. You can try to stand outside the castle and try to destroy their flags but that could be problematic. You can also try to attack them from behind (half the army in the castle, half the army behind the enemy in order to confuse their attacking direction, or even divide them). But since your strategy worked well in the last siege i don't see a reason to change it. Besides it's better that in a castle like giran where it's open from more than one side.

P.S.: Can u give some data about your server (chronicle, rates, etc.)?

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:07 am 
Vagabond

L2 -SEA
Aria
Interlude
1x exp/sp/drop rate

OfflineProfile