Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Author Message
 Post subject: L2 Dawn
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:40 pm 
Elder
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:57 pm
Posts: 125
L2 Dawn is Retail like Interlude PTS server. No donate.
Exact opening date is not yet confirmed, but Administrator said, that he wants to start it at autumn.
Vote for its rates here:
http://www.l2dawn.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=4543


Reply with quote
Top
 OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: L2 Dawn
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:23 pm 
Duke
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:06 pm
Posts: 4693
Location: Cluj-Napoca, Romania
I don't understand why Chinatown is taking the risk of lowering rates. x5 was great and Dawn had a winning formula because of it.
Stupid decision imo.

_________________
http://x-icarus.deviantart.com


Reply with quote
Top
 OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: L2 Dawn
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:42 pm 
Elder
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:57 pm
Posts: 125
Icarus wrote:
I don't understand why Chinatown is taking the risk of lowering rates. x5 was great and Dawn had a winning formula because of it.
Stupid decision imo.


Majority of community support and want x3.(at least until this moment x3 is winning by votes.)
You must take into account that ChinaTown is planning for very long term project.
Major reason i posted this here is to collect maximum number of voters for x1 vs x3 voting.
Voting will last 1 week, since he posted that thread. And that will be the final decision.


Reply with quote
Top
 OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: L2 Dawn
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:57 am 
Duke
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:06 pm
Posts: 4693
Location: Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Brood wrote:
Majority of community support and want x3.(at least until this moment x3 is winning by votes.)

That's a logical fallacy. You're implying the community wants 3x, but the reality is that 3x won over 1x and that's it, the choice of 5x didn't even exist.
How do you know the community doesn't actually want 5x? There's a high possibility that 5x would have won if it was an option. For me 3x is too low, and you can see that other people agree with this sentiment in that thread.
On top of that, 3x is getting dangerously close to RPGCLUB's 1x which is a major competitor.

Let's not pretend there isn't a big elephant in the room. Chinatown closed the old server on a whim, that's a huge red flag. This rate debacle is another one and will split the community.
If he continues doing silly shit like this I won't join this server. People wanted the old unchanged Dawn. This server is barely in the stages of 'early project' yet he's already beginning to change a winning formula.

Only thing that remains to be seen is what kind of 3x rates will Chinatown choose. 3x is low enough to make a full 3x XP/SP/Adena/Spoil/QuestXP/QuestReward. Anything lower will be pretty silly, maybe aside from the spoil rate.

_________________
http://x-icarus.deviantart.com


Reply with quote
Top
 OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: L2 Dawn
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:49 am 
Elder
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:57 pm
Posts: 125
Icarus wrote:
Brood wrote:
Majority of community support and want x3.(at least until this moment x3 is winning by votes.)

That's a logical fallacy. You're implying the community wants 3x, but the reality is that 3x won over 1x and that's it, the choice of 5x didn't even exist.
How do you know the community doesn't actually want 5x? There's a high possibility that 5x would have won if it was an option. For me 3x is too low, and you can see that other people agree with this sentiment in that thread.
On top of that, 3x is getting dangerously close to RPGCLUB's 1x which is a major competitor.

Let's not pretend there isn't a big elephant in the room. Chinatown closed the old server on a whim, that's a huge red flag. This rate debacle is another one and will split the community.
If he continues doing silly shit like this I won't join this server. People wanted the old unchanged Dawn. This server is barely in the stages of 'early project' yet he's already beginning to change a winning formula.

Only thing that remains to be seen is what kind of 3x rates will Chinatown choose. 3x is low enough to make a full 3x XP/SP/Adena/Spoil/QuestXP/QuestReward. Anything lower will be pretty silly, maybe aside from the spoil rate.


Before, forum users participated in a unofficial poll, where x3 with majority of votes won versus all rates x1-x10.
Many agree that x5 was too high for such longterm project previous time.
Dawn doesn't compete with any russian servers if we talk about community of dawn, yes maybe it competes with them here, in pmfun. But Russian servers and European servers are too different, and not prime competition in my opinion. And i disagree that x1 is a prime competition for x3.
You set any rate you want, and it will split community in one way or another.

ChinaTown held server open for 2 years, without ever forgetting about it. Without donates. It's unique just because of that. For me it's very far from the red flag.

Speak for yourself, not for the people.

Other rates are not confirmed yet, it's even not confirmed that it will be x3.
That's why i invite you to vote. And maybe even share your opinion in L2Dawn forum, if you want.


Reply with quote
Top
 OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: L2 Dawn
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:27 pm 
Duke
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:06 pm
Posts: 4693
Location: Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Brood wrote:
Before, forum users participated in a unofficial poll, where x3 with majority of votes won versus all rates x1-x10.

Ok. Where is that poll?

Brood wrote:
ChinaTown held server open for 2 years, without ever forgetting about it. Without donates. It's unique just because of that. For me it's very far from the red flag.

I never said China did a shit job running that server. I only said he fucked up by closing it out of the blue.

_________________
http://x-icarus.deviantart.com


Reply with quote
Top
 OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: L2 Dawn
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:51 pm 
Elder
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:57 pm
Posts: 125
Icarus wrote:
Brood wrote:
Before, forum users participated in a unofficial poll, where x3 with majority of votes won versus all rates x1-x10.

Ok. Where is that poll?

Brood wrote:
ChinaTown held server open for 2 years, without ever forgetting about it. Without donates. It's unique just because of that. For me it's very far from the red flag.

I never said China did a shit job running that server. I only said he fucked up by closing it out of the blue.


http://www.l2dawn.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=4504 unofficial poll about rates.
I understand why you are upset, but i disagree. He really did a great job by running that server. He had rights and reasons to close it. And i even support him with closing it.(don't want to explain it here, why i support him in that decision.)
Keep in mind - 2 years uptime for C6 server nowadays. Doing it for free. And working hard to provide the best experience possible in the market today. -Very far from "fucked up" in my opinion, if we look at the competition, then it's even further from "fucked up".


Reply with quote
Top
 OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: L2 Dawn
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:25 pm 
Vassal

Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:24 am
Posts: 46
The main problem with the server was the crazy amount of enchants, recipes and adena on the market. I think that's the reason behind their decision to lower the rates.


Reply with quote
Top
 OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: L2 Dawn
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:24 pm 
Marquis
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:53 pm
Posts: 1974
Brood wrote:
I understand why you are upset, but i disagree. He really did a great job by running that server. He had rights and reasons to close it.


Sorry but in my vocabulary, "I got bored" is not an excuse to close the server with hundreds of people logging every day. You can get bored with a game of Solitaire and close it, because nobody else really depends on you there.

Obviously, compared to majority of servers these days, he still did an insanely good job; keeping up Interlude for 2 years is something not many has done in the history of L2. But that still didn't give him right to wake up one day and think "well, eh, I'm kinda bored with the server, so instead of players having a worse experience with the server due to lack of updates, I'll let them have no experience at all because I'll delete all the progress they've done in past 2 years"

You just don't do this kind of thing and it's not an excuse. If you're bored with the developement - let the server run it's own life. If money is the problem - open a donation. When the server was closing, it had a very decent and loyal community which I have no doubt would've raised enough to cover the expenses.

To me that's just a red flag, and if I was to join this new server, I'd need a guarantee from ChinaTown that he wouldn't pull off this monkey again.

As for the rates I think it doesn't matter all too much since it's obviously a longterm project. Personally I'd probably like to see the 1x as it would have this "well yeah we're here to stay" vibe in it, but otherwise anything under 10x goes in my book.

_________________
ImageImage


Reply with quote
Top
 OnlineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: L2 Dawn
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:28 pm 
Heir

Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:57 pm
Posts: 60
I was so excited about the new server, but was also kind a shocked for the rates. I haven't really decided if I'm going to give it a chance in this situation. Honestly I don't believe It will survive.

I can play x1 and I have played it before. The problem is that most people think about it as a just slower game progression than x5. This is only a small portion of the whole truth! You can't use shots because they burn all money from mobs. Shadow weapons burn money too because no matter if server is x1 or x10 they cost and last the same. You have to run to not burn money on teleports too. Those little details that are not considered by many will make them quit before level 40. Solo players are the backbone of a long lasting server and x1-x3 is nightmare for soloing.
Also the lower the rates are - the bigger the gap between different types of players get. When retail started the top grade was B for a reason, not S...
A server is still alive when new players join months after it opened. They joined x5 but will they join a x1-3? I'm not sure, never saw it before... we'll see now I guess...


Reply with quote
Top
 OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: L2 Dawn
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:50 pm 
Elder
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:57 pm
Posts: 125
Herlitz wrote:
Brood wrote:
I understand why you are upset, but i disagree. He really did a great job by running that server. He had rights and reasons to close it.


Sorry but in my vocabulary, "I got bored" is not an excuse to close the server with hundreds of people logging every day. You can get bored with a game of Solitaire and close it, because nobody else really depends on you there.

Obviously, compared to majority of servers these days, he still did an insanely good job; keeping up Interlude for 2 years is something not many has done in the history of L2. But that still didn't give him right to wake up one day and think "well, eh, I'm kinda bored with the server, so instead of players having a worse experience with the server due to lack of updates, I'll let them have no experience at all because I'll delete all the progress they've done in past 2 years"

You just don't do this kind of thing and it's not an excuse. If you're bored with the developement - let the server run it's own life. If money is the problem - open a donation. When the server was closing, it had a very decent and loyal community which I have no doubt would've raised enough to cover the expenses.

To me that's just a red flag, and if I was to join this new server, I'd need a guarantee from ChinaTown that he wouldn't pull off this monkey again.

As for the rates I think it doesn't matter all too much since it's obviously a longterm project. Personally I'd probably like to see the 1x as it would have this "well yeah we're here to stay" vibe in it, but otherwise anything under 10x goes in my book.


Are you sure about your own words?


Reply with quote
Top
 OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: L2 Dawn
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:55 pm 
Elder
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:57 pm
Posts: 125
botsman wrote:
I was so excited about the new server, but was also kind a shocked for the rates. I haven't really decided if I'm going to give it a chance in this situation. Honestly I don't believe It will survive.

I can play x1 and I have played it before. The problem is that most people think about it as a just slower game progression than x5. This is only a small portion of the whole truth! You can't use shots because they burn all money from mobs. Shadow weapons burn money too because no matter if server is x1 or x10 they cost and last the same. You have to run to not burn money on teleports too. Those little details that are not considered by many will make them quit before level 40. Solo players are the backbone of a long lasting server and x1-x3 is nightmare for soloing.
Also the lower the rates are - the bigger the gap between different types of players get. When retail started the top grade was B for a reason, not S...
A server is still alive when new players join months after it opened. They joined x5 but will they join a x1-3? I'm not sure, never saw it before... we'll see now I guess...


I think it's more about the preference, some players prefer x1, some prefer x100.
Doesn't matter what rates you set, somebody will dislike it anyway.
It's impossible to make a L2 server that suits everyone.


Reply with quote
Top
 OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: L2 Dawn
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:06 am 
Vagabond

Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:33 am
Posts: 9
Herlitz wrote:
Brood wrote:
I understand why you are upset, but i disagree. He really did a great job by running that server. He had rights and reasons to close it.


Sorry but in my vocabulary, "I got bored" is not an excuse to close the server with hundreds of people logging every day. You can get bored with a game of Solitaire and close it, because nobody else really depends on you there.

Obviously, compared to majority of servers these days, he still did an insanely good job; keeping up Interlude for 2 years is something not many has done in the history of L2. But that still didn't give him right to wake up one day and think "well, eh, I'm kinda bored with the server, so instead of players having a worse experience with the server due to lack of updates, I'll let them have no experience at all because I'll delete all the progress they've done in past 2 years"

You just don't do this kind of thing and it's not an excuse. If you're bored with the developement - let the server run it's own life. If money is the problem - open a donation. When the server was closing, it had a very decent and loyal community which I have no doubt would've raised enough to cover the expenses.

To me that's just a red flag, and if I was to join this new server, I'd need a guarantee from ChinaTown that he wouldn't pull off this monkey again.

As for the rates I think it doesn't matter all too much since it's obviously a longterm project. Personally I'd probably like to see the 1x as it would have this "well yeah we're here to stay" vibe in it, but otherwise anything under 10x goes in my book.


You should be thankful that in 2016 you could experience Interlude server with 2 years uptime and no donations other than hat accessory.


Reply with quote
Top
 OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: L2 Dawn
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:01 am 
Heir

Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:40 pm
Posts: 59
sadly they got only the old hats and nothing form the new ones


Reply with quote
Top
 OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: L2 Dawn
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:04 am 
Duke
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:06 pm
Posts: 4693
Location: Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Brood wrote:
Icarus wrote:
Brood wrote:
Before, forum users participated in a unofficial poll, where x3 with majority of votes won versus all rates x1-x10.

Ok. Where is that poll?

Brood wrote:
ChinaTown held server open for 2 years, without ever forgetting about it. Without donates. It's unique just because of that. For me it's very far from the red flag.

I never said China did a shit job running that server. I only said he fucked up by closing it out of the blue.


http://www.l2dawn.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=4504 unofficial poll about rates.
I understand why you are upset, but i disagree. He really did a great job by running that server. He had rights and reasons to close it. And i even support him with closing it.(don't want to explain it here, why i support him in that decision.)
Keep in mind - 2 years uptime for C6 server nowadays. Doing it for free. And working hard to provide the best experience possible in the market today. -Very far from "fucked up" in my opinion, if we look at the competition, then it's even further from "fucked up".

Dude, not even 100 people voted for that. 50% more people voted in the official thread, that's more than enough to sway that statistic. It would have taken 5 seconds to type in another option. You can't just ignore sample size.
Few would have not joined if it was still 5x, but more will not join now that it's only 3x. There's a big difference between those two rates, especially in the beginning. And remember that solo players form the bulk of the playerbase initially, and on top of that we aren't 16 year olds with unlimited time anymore.

And I don't care how much you wish to sugar coat it, what he did was stupid. I don't care about his reasons, it was an objectively bad decision and I'm not the only one weary of what he'll do next. It would have been much better to let the server die on itself instead of pulling the plug, no matter how much you wanna talk around it.

yTr wrote:
You should be thankful that in 2016 you could experience Interlude server with 2 years uptime and no donations other than hat accessory.

He didn't say he wasn't thankful, he said China did the wrong thing. You got trouble reading or trouble thinking?

_________________
http://x-icarus.deviantart.com


Reply with quote
Top
 OfflineProfile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 2 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


Advertisement