Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: L2Dawn reopen
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 11:50 am 
Heir

It will be some time this year. Very good not competitive long-term interlude. Perfect for casual nostalgic play in the free time. It won't get abandoned by the owner after the first rush. Last server was kept 2 years with playable online.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: L2Dawn reopen
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 1:27 pm 
Duke

Who's the new owner?

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 4:38 pm 
Heir

Afaik it's the same owner, just bigger team this time

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 7:57 pm 
Baron

the team was big enought when it opened and all left ChinaTown alone and he couldn't handle alone the server anymore. let's see now what new "team" he got.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 8:53 pm 
Duke

Well I had an awesome time on Dawn, maybe this time Chinatown doesn't randomly abandon the project.

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 1:11 pm 
Heir

Icarus wrote:
Well I had an awesome time on Dawn, maybe this time Chinatown doesn't randomly abandon the project.

Personally I, have nothing against a "random abandon" with apology to the community and constant support after 2 years...

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 7:12 pm 
Knight

L2Dawn was a lot of fun and I can't wait for it to open again.
Honestly I really am fine with Chinatown closing the server back then, you can't realistically expect 1 man to run a server like that. Let's hope the team he now found will stick around for at least 2 years again!
1.5 years without L2... I'm starting to get real itchy.

Embrace the Infinite Singularity of the Stained Collective

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:07 am 
Duke

botsman wrote:
Icarus wrote:

Personally I, have nothing against a "random abandon" with apology to the community and constant support after 2 years...

Sure, he maintained a great server and was also upfront about it when his time came to move on. He gained my respect for that.
I was just talking in the context of this next server he's opening, in the sense that there's a chance of this server having the same fate. Perhaps his team sticks around for longer this time.

Nonetheless, 2 years is a good lifespan no matter how you look at it.
It's a damn shame that /r/Lineage2 doesn't allow private server discussion anymore. That's how I found out about Dawn and about other servers which were great but not in the topsites because, you know, they don't adhere to their fucking bullshit with the vote rewards. It's a big insult to the L2 community.

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:06 am 
Duke

For people interested in this, you can follow the thread over in their forum here: http://l2dawn.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=4469

At this point it seems like ChinaTown is leaning towards an autumn release, but summer seems to be a possibility as well.

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:13 pm 
Duke

Really glad to see the Dawn opening again. Dawn was an embodiment of an oldschool, honest server to me, even though the abrupt closing ruined that image for me - I understand that one can lose an interest in the project, but china's decision to close it completely was the worst possible solution. He should've just let the project run it's own life - I'm pretty sure that's what most people would've wanted.

If china wants to cleanse the Dawn's name as a 'reference' server to look up to again, he needs to give his word that he'll handle next 'loss of interest' better.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:43 pm 
Duke

Yes, I honestly didn't understand why he abruptly ended the server. He did say that running costs aren't an issue at all.
Letting it die would have been heaps better. Wasn't Raidfight still online until recently?

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:28 pm 
Duke

Yup. And I assume he closed it only once there were less than 10 people logging, and even then I'd bet he discussed it with those.

Nekys is exactly one those people I'd buy a beer to :wink:

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:16 pm 
Duke

Haha yep, agreed.

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:42 pm 
Baron

Will it be C6 again? Kinda disappointed on this. I would like to see long term h5 extreme low rates w/o nevit/vitality from you guys. With your name the competition (online) would be awesome for full international project!

Anyway, I hope rates will be as low as possible. I would argue x3 is better than x5 because for casual players the lower rates the better for long term project.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:28 pm 
Duke

Yeah 1x H5 without vitality sounds amazing... Though I'm afraid majority of people over at Dawn will prefer the old settings again :)

OfflineProfile