Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: A perfect L2 project idea. Would like to see such in fut
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 11:12 pm 
Duke

My point with celestial was that Glads rip mages to shreds if they get near. Sure, they don't instakill but they're pretty damn close to doing it.
By the way, dagger skill crit is a flat 2x as well. It's just that the base skill damage is influenced by critical damage instead of patk. That's why they fall behind when enchants are common, having the max possible damage with crappier gear is nice but in the end it does little when everybody's farmed.

Anyway, let's agree to disagree because it's clear we have different perspectives on this matter.
What I'm trying to get at is that the class balance in the chronicles is a joke as a whole (the thrones improved this aspect). For example I usually main daggers and I simply find it boring having to switch to an archer sub in order to participate in mass PvP. Just F1 F1 all the time. Daggers are even useless even in the throne room, you'd say that tight corridors makes them fairly potent but they just die instantly.

IL remained in people's heads because Kamael changed way too much shit. I remember when Kamael came around everybody was massively disappointed and a large part of my old retail friends actually went for private servers.
At the end of the thrones the game became rather balanced (H5) but the design decisions were shoddy. Sets which gave a bit of everything as opposed to one big important bonus is an example.

Classic is a good attempt, I'll give them that. But they're already repeating the same mistakes they did before, augments being the first major one.

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 11:11 am 
Baron

Icarus wrote:
IL remained in people's heads because Kamael changed way too much shit. I remember when Kamael came around everybody was massively disappointed and a large part of my old retail friends actually went for private servers.
At the end of the thrones the game became rather balanced (H5) but the design decisions were shoddy. Sets which gave a bit of everything as opposed to one big important bonus is an example.

Classic is a good attempt, I'll give them that. But they're already repeating the same mistakes they did before, augments being the first major one.

As someone who loves H5 because of amazing balance of classes is strange how people till this day says that c6 had best balance. Best example was augments, when EE with hydro blast can do same stuff as SPS + healing :)

Also people love to say that graci final/h5 is a cosmos. it is not L2. Personally l2classic is way more "cosmos" than h5. The reason behind that if you don't play mage, archer or warlord you basically useless or can be used only during specific event. The fact that you can literally pull whole area of monsters w/o limits makes single target classes completely useless. And then runes happened. when tier 1 oethel rune gives 75 flat crit meanwhile other runes needs be upgraded to like tier 5+ to be any good...

This is my wish is someday to play in H5 chronicle with low rates (x1 or even 0.5) w/o any nevit/vitality and some zone tweaks to balance out mage early game (aoe). Such a server every single grade will be valuable and no one ever would skip S/S80 grades. And since H5 has a lot of 76+ zones to offer, it would be easy to make classic like server where zones are unlocked after X days.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 3:43 pm 
Vagabond

The crafting and sub quests were placed so that not everyone can reach high end unless they work for it. Do you wanna have a sub? Then stay up and get it, it's hard because not everyone should have subs, nobless, S grade. Only the top players that really want it. Making that available to everyone will ruin the game. Not everyone gets a trophy, stop being a child. Whats next, would you prefer instant lv 80 because some don't have time to grind their levels? Maybe we should all have fancy hero sparkles too while we're at it, with full epics because Barbara has school in the morning and can't be around for Antharas.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 4:18 pm 
Duke

aqdevas wrote:
This is my wish is someday to play in H5 chronicle with low rates (x1 or even 0.5) w/o any nevit/vitality and some zone tweaks to balance out mage early game (aoe). Such a server every single grade will be valuable and no one ever would skip S/S80 grades.

Indeed, some extreme low rate H5 would've been absolutely fantastic... The problem is, that most people who are willing to play the hardcore L2 (where you don't reach max level in 1 or 2 months) already play on a Classic server, or at least are entirely focused on this chronicle, and rest of the players are simply too comfortable to play anything less than x5, even if it's High Five.

So in the end you'd really need some outstanding advertisement to really attract those oldschool players to that server... Hard to say if anyone's really willing to go for it though :?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 4:31 pm 
Duke

aqdevas wrote:
Icarus wrote:

As someone who loves H5 because of amazing balance of classes is strange how people till this day says that c6 had best balance. Best example was augments, when EE with hydro blast can do same stuff as SPS + healing :)

Also people love to say that graci final/h5 is a cosmos. it is not L2. Personally l2classic is way more "cosmos" than h5. The reason behind that if you don't play mage, archer or warlord you basically useless or can be used only during specific event. The fact that you can literally pull whole area of monsters w/o limits makes single target classes completely useless. And then runes happened. when tier 1 oethel rune gives 75 flat crit meanwhile other runes needs be upgraded to like tier 5+ to be any good...

This is my wish is someday to play in H5 chronicle with low rates (x1 or even 0.5) w/o any nevit/vitality and some zone tweaks to balance out mage early game (aoe). Such a server every single grade will be valuable and no one ever would skip S/S80 grades. And since H5 has a lot of 76+ zones to offer, it would be easy to make classic like server where zones are unlocked after X days.

Yeah, agreed with the Othell rune. It's preposterously overpowered from level 1 to 12. I mean a lvl 12 Othell rune gives you +350 crit rate. 350! What the fuck!
I know lvl 12 is hard to come by but even if you take a more normal lvl 6 rune it's still +200 crit rate. That's fucking crazy.

And I agree that H5 is much more balanced, that's why people are playing it. Gracia wasn't too shabby either.

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 11:57 am 
Marquis

enw wrote:
Glads, unlike daggers, can't one shot. Also their skill crit is fixed at x2 damage like all other fighters, unlike daggers who not only have that double damage but buffs and epics directly influence their crit. .
gladi with A+4/S+4 kill any dc robe with 2 aoes +tss. if tss crit one shot . maybe OL can survive . also gladi has 8k cp 15k hp. 1v1 / oly gladi can win everymatchup easy except mana burners , EE is prob the easiest way too lose to :P . unless u lucky and reflect block ww and go oneshot his ass

OfflineProfile