Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Where y'all playing? What would you like to play?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:00 am 
Duke

Hey, I see there's still some old members around so I thought I'd initiate a bit of conversation out of sheer curiosity.

You guys playing L2 anymore? Where?
I actually discovered a lower-midrate Classic server which is actually not so bad: http://l2classic.ws/
Aside from some retarded NPC translations the files seem really solid, it strongly feels like retail Classic and haven't discovered any bugs so far.
This was practically the kind of server I was waiting for since I love Classic but don't have the time for retail. This one's 15x which I think is a very decent rate.

Being a private server and considering the fucked up state of L2 privates right now, it obviously has its drawbacks. I don't like the fact that you have a full buffer and C-grade GMshop at your disposal. Support classes are pretty useless and the focus is on B and A-grade, B-grade being relatively common which isn't that normal.
Donations exist, they give you top C-grade (as opposed to mid C-grade) which I find quite fair (you can get them yourself anyway) but donation coins are tradeable, and you can get XP scrolls with them which is not so great.

Seems to have good potential despite the drawbacks, and it seems to have 3-4k people online in the evenings which is extremely healthy.
My only woe is that full buffers significantly accelerate how widespread B and A-grade equipment becomes which is not so great.

So, where y'all playing or what server would you like to see?

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Where y'all playing? What would you like to play?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:10 am 
Duke

Also Classic, but on Classic.club - low rate, no NPC buffer, been online for about 2,5 years and the online has been stable the whole time, from 1 to 2k... Personally I playing extra casual, max 1-2 hours a day.

They seem to have off files which is nice, but the premium account system is a bit unfortunate - to have a dualbox, you need to either pay insane ammounts of adena or pay a premium acc which comes to like 10€ a month :?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:45 am 
Duke

Herlitz wrote:
Also Classic, but on Classic.club - low rate, no NPC buffer, been online for about 2,5 years and the online has been stable the whole time, from 1 to 2k... Personally I playing extra casual, max 1-2 hours a day.

They seem to have off files which is nice, but the premium account system is a bit unfortunate - to have a dualbox, you need to either pay insane ammounts of adena or pay a premium acc which comes to like 10€ a month :?

You could always fish for buffs so they're not really a huge issue. I'm not sure what version .club is running but on Skelth the lvl 1 buff scrolls from the fisherman are dirt cheap (10x normal fish per scroll).
Lvl2+ buffs are very expensive tho.

But if you want to get a warlord and a healer however.. No solution aside from dual boxing. Seems like a silly decision to pay 10EUR for dual box. I would understand triple box, but not dual.

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:59 pm 
Vagabond

I gave peace x7 a shot from the very first day: found a cp on forum, made a bd main (as always), bought premium account and started playing for the first time in a cp. I enjoyed it a lot since everybody knew how to play their mains and everything was organised. We hit 82+ in less than 2 weeks and had pretty nice equipment as well(moirai and dynasty), subclasses and some of us even nobless. We were very proud of our fast progress until we realised there are a lot of people with vesper sets/weapons ++ and I stopped playing there 'cause I realised it's a dead end since all the clans have their favourite CP's and the rest are just meatshields in siege/tw/pvp.

Then I moved on to l2shrine (the no-donation policy seemed quite attractive) - I had to start solo since most of my friends quit some time ago, so for the first time I made a sws main instead of bd. Started raising a buffer in the same time with my main + wolf (which proved to be very useful later ig); it was pretty hard at first until I realised that AA is a very valuable ig currency since only few ppl farms it and that was the birth of a catacomb farmer (yes, sws+wolf(not that good equip)+wc): the selling of AA helped me a lot to gather best equipment for my wolf+main; at that time the server was 1sided (hello moragtong), they had the most heroes, win 90% of epics and had impressive gear; I got friendly with one of their clan members and things were going better than I ever expected until they quit because of no competition(it was understandable, there were a lot of other clans who had no idea was leadership and progress meant ig). Since then the server had a lot fewer online ppl and I had to quit because 5-7 people in a clan is not the activity I wanted.

After that I stopped playing at all because I couldn't find another interesting/stable/donate-free server.
Classic seemed interesting at first and I gave it a shot on dex beta and quit immediately after I've found out that the map is roughly 30% of what I remember it to be, max gear was B-grade. Then I tried the classic 2.0 which seemed interesting again until I found out that we have a-grades, heroes, but also 100000 useless items from newer chronicles. Not my type, sry classic fellows.

So now I'm in idle mode waiting for a good server to come up. Idk about the chronicle as long as it's stable enough and donations are limited to PA/soulshot packs. Gosh how I miss c5/il/hb.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:49 am 
Duke

I played on Shrine too, but left because of the low population. A real damn shame, it was a good server.

I can't relate to your thoughts of S-grade though, but to each his own. I personally think it's a completely pointless tier of equipment due to the weak set effects. A-grade and even B-grade give you much more choice.

Not to mention S-grade armors are usually useless for Elves and Dark Elves and is one of the reasons these races have had so many weak classes over the years. Their daggers want MJ light, which gives them nothing they want aside from the stun resist. Their tanks get destroyed by any class with a stun (human tanks) if they don't get MJ which is again not what they want (even something they don't want, like -CON) and they sacrifice a good amount of PDef for it too.

I'd honestly be very happy if Classic stopped at A-grades, or if they redesigned S-grade. The PDef advantage of classes which can carry S-grade ruins balance.

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:58 pm 
Vagabond

Started classic dex after 2 years of not playing, so far so good.
I really like the balanced donate which doesnt give much advantage for the price you are paying, population is good altho i sometimes feel it could be better.
Clans are small and not very well organized apart from 1 alliance, basically anyone could make a difference.Top clan/alliance has killed aq /core about 3 times, attempted orfen but afaik didnt kill it, they have 4 ppl in top 100 by lvl make your conclusions about that.
Oh and the top lvl is a non donor which speaks volumes about the donate system

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:49 pm 
Vagabond

Im also playing on L2Dex Classic, but been trying out some H5 high rates strictly for PvP, but couldnt find any basic one with cheap equipment and instant pvp without farming for hours. Im still looking for like a low/mid rate H5 server, which wont be dominated by donators and one clan only, but with lots of competition and fun. Im guessing though, we will have to wait a long time before a server like that comes out.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:07 am 
Marquis

good competitive servers r nonexistent atm
I'm having a blast in classic wow: https://lightshope.org/

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:34 pm 
Viscount

mariolinho wrote:
good competitive servers r nonexistent atm
I'm having a blast in classic wow: https://lightshope.org/

I also played classic wow on Kronos II for a few months when it first launched, but eventually it got boring. I'm thinking of starting retail again before Battle for Azeroth comes out.

Regarding Lineage, i also feel like there are no places to fit my current playing style, as i really don't have as much time as i had before.
I'm not searching for mid/high rates or stuff like that but i really can't get into L2 classic or anything above High-Five. I feel like those guys I was mocking that were stuck in Interlude days back when Freya/H5 was coming out, but to be honest i really only enjoyed playing on Int/GF/GE/H5 and anything else that i tried just didn't get to me.

This classic branch that L2 adopted seems very weird to me, as it is somehow similar to old Lineage 2, but also has alot of changes brought to the gameplay, zones, and classes. Not necessarily in a bad way, but i just couldnt get used to it. Maybe i'll give it another try somewhere soon if there's a good place, but that's another problem, as i can't see any decent or long-living server that i could play on, considering i'm not gonna be on top probably anytime anymore since I don't have so much time for grinding.

Maybe dex's classic could survive longer, we'll see, but other than that, I only know of l2classic.club which is already online for a long time, but i believe it is already a bit too old for me to start there, and that the community isn't that big either for it to be worth it, but i might be wrong though.

Some clip i made: https://youtu.be/kGv5I6uwfPc

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:35 pm 
Heir

Wow, its been a long time since i saw some people in this thread. :D
Hope you are all doing well. :)

After trying almost every single "hyped" MMORPG and get disappointed i decided to stick to single player games/achievement hunting mostly.

When it comes to L2 i play on L2OvC.com, will probably join this season also.

I don't have the will/time for low rate for the time being but even if i did the community is nothing like it used to be, this alone ruins my mood to even try to get back to L2.

Anyway, good to see you again guys, have a great day/night. :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:49 pm 
Duke

Dickinson wrote:
After trying almost every single "hyped" MMORPG and get disappointed i decided to stick to single player games/achievement hunting mostly.

Oh boy I can completely relate to that. I've tried so many MMOs and most of them are utter garbage. The most notable ones I've tried:

Aion was decent but I instantly left when it went free-to-play and made it such that only Veteran players (people who bought the game before the f2p, like myself) and players who had the optional subscription could access the auction house. That completely killed the economy and the game soon moved to a grind-for-gear model which I completely dislike instead of a real currency-based economy.

I moved on to Tera Online, which was actually quite a decent game until they decided that you need to donate in order to increase your max enchantment value. Essentially pay-to-win. I don't know if it's still the case, but that was a major turnoff.

Elder Scrolls Online is probably the best current MMO. There's SO much content and so much stuff to do it's not even funny. The problem, and the reason I stopped playing, is that Cyrodiil (the PvP area) is instanced - and when the instance is almost full (that's when it's most enjoyable) the lag is unbearable. We're talking 500ms and worse. And the area is so huge that you NEED a lot of players for it to be enjoyable.

The crown of disappointment imo goes to Black Desert Online. Never in my life have I seen a more tryhard MMO, with 'pwetty' females and lots of dumb content like housing and fishing and a severe lack of PvP content. I've heard they've introduced some PvP but I'm not going back to that thing.

It's funnily tragic how bad the MMO scene has become overall.

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:05 pm 
Duke

Funny thing I've noticed about the new MMOs it that ironically when there's too much to do, I get bored by it... I mean, if I could design my own weapons and do gardening in L2 I'd be super excited about it and could do it every day for hours, but when I don't even know where to go first because apparently I also need to build myself a house and raise myself a new breed of mount pet I just get overwhelmed by it and just give up on it quite quickly.

IIt's weird how human brain works sometimes.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:51 pm 
Duke

Herlitz wrote:
Funny thing I've noticed about the new MMOs it that ironically when there's too much to do, I get bored by it... I mean, if I could design my own weapons and do gardening in L2 I'd be super excited about it and could do it every day for hours, but when I don't even know where to go first because apparently I also need to build myself a house and raise myself a new breed of mount pet I just get overwhelmed by it and just give up on it quite quickly.

IIt's weird how human brain works sometimes.

Yep exactly, I can completely relate to that. Some MMOs today do give you too much choice in that regard. Instead of presenting what you can do gradually, they just throw you into a vast and completely unknown world.

fosho!

OfflineProfile