Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: [l2off] lineage2 nostalgia C4
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:29 am 
Vassal

Hi,
Thanks for sharing, it's good to know the impression. For GeoData bugs, we have a support section, if it's reported - it can be fixed. It would help to know which town exactly had problems with the main entrance?

As noted, the very first start is a bit harder on the money. The quest items are meant more for older players rising 2nd char or boxes as people might actually like to do a quest or two when they first start.

As for online count, that is a known problem and that is why the server is currently being advertised here and on other forums or top lists as well. Currently we have almost 20 members and highest online count is usually at around 20:00 GMT+2. If one cares to help with this one, every vote and word spread is certainly appreciated.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:49 am 
Vassal

Town was - orc town, and playtime was 20:00 - 22:00 GMT+2 ,am very old l2 player but i decided to play char for first time couse i see there is option to pay for quest but on 20 lvl i collect near 200k and i no spend any adena ...

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:11 pm 
Vassal

Incidentally, the Orc town has been fixed this morning and currently I seem to be able to walk through the main gates or anywhere else just fine. It would be helpful If you could verify if problem still persist, if it is please write /loc command and send me coordinates. Much appreciated.

I suppose prices for quest items could be lowered somewhat with the next downtime period, which is planned for tomorrow morning.

There were definitely at least 10 players online during the 20:00 - 22:00 GMT+2 period each day for the last week. That is not too high of course, so the chance to miss is quite high.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:28 am 
Vagabond

x70 + item shop + Soulshots at vendors is bad idea.
can u change rates to 10-15? and delete item shops and soulshots from vendor?

also, karakan whereis your 'low-rate-no-dualbox' server which was announced at june 2017?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:11 am 
Vassal

Thank you for interest,
While low rate servers are nice for some things, this one is nice for different things. Rates are set this way to enable more laid back game play. Let's face it, L2 is at least 15 years old game and a lot of players know it really well. Thus not everyone wish to grind through the same stuff over and over again which already have been done many times.

Higher rate like this enable occasional players to reach higher end of the game and experience levels they may have never reached while playing low rate (3rd class, subclass, nobles, hero, caste sieges, etc). Some equipment stores are simply required for bumped up rate, otherwise it's impossible to get into a decent gear by the time you are 80 :) Hence we have some secret shops for top D grade, mid C grade and low B grade. From there it's up to crafters and raiders!

I appreciate the interest of course, but for this server things are already set. However, it looks like there might be a possibility to launch another server in the future. And that one may end up being around 15 to 25x ;)

Lastly, there is an announcement to make,

Few things happened after this morning maintenance:
* Prices for Quest Items were lowered by 3 times.
* Massive GeoData update! Should be a lot easier to run, walk, jump and fight!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:37 pm 
Vassal

I guess it is time to announce The Plan for L2 Nostalgia world,

There are plenty of people interested in C4 chronicle as I've recently experienced. More and more of them are coming to check us out! Which is happy news, I'm really glad to see this :)

Currently we are running vanilla C4 on nice C4 L2off extender of that period, this is both nice and ugly. Nice because there are a lot of authentic features, glitches and stuff. Pretty much every player who has played later chronicles has expressed the need for some nice features, that are offered by later C6 chronicle for example:

Clan Academy
    Better clan privilege system
    Expanding skill bar
    World Info (a.k.a. GPS) system
    Ability to enlarge map
    Offline shops
    Proper 3rd class skills
    Better graphical rendering
    Gate Chant / Summon friend skills

Probably I could name on and on and on... So I've been experimenting with the C6 sources and client and came into conclusion: There is nothing that would prevent us from having a proper C4 game experience and the nice features from C6 :idea:

Basically we can take the C6 stuff, remove annoyances like these in particular:

Shadow weapon system
    Augmentation system
    Herbs
    Dinosaurs

Take and use the skill data, login, loading and startup screens from C4 and voila! Here we have it: a proper C4 game having all the nice little stuff from later C6!

Another good news is that I already have a working proof of concept build on development server which seems to be running along nicely. It just needs to be polished and brought up to the same features we are currently using. Otherwise good to go!

I hereby announce: production status is expected by the 2018-02-23!

P.S.
I intend to do my best to migrate our current game database to the new system, but there is a slight chance of wipe should I fail.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:04 am 
Vassal

very good news - i start love your server - really - but please - don't wipe ...

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:21 am 
Vassal

No worries, I've already tested the DB migration, so there will be no wipe ;)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:41 am 
Duke

Seems like a very interesting solution, good luck!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:00 am 
Vassal

Thanks!

The upgrade went on pretty nicely, there were no serious issues and we are now using a new C6 Server and modified C6 client to serve a C4-like L2 Game :wink:

I was testing things yesterday and all seem to run very well. I was even able to dig out the latest official Interlude Client update which improves performance of the Game. The new Nostalgia Client is now based on this update.

So let's talk features. These things were removed from the Game:

• Shadow weapon system
  • Augmentation system
  • Herbs
  • Dinosaurs and their *** island
  • Newbie helper cats
  • MP, HP, CP elixirs and pots removed from the stores
  • Dices removed from the stores
  • Death penalty system
  • Demon swords

New things were introduced:

• Clan Academy
  • Better clan privilege system
  • Expanding skill bar
  • World Info (a.k.a. GPS) system
  • Ability to enlarge map
  • Offline shops (Simply buy license from warehouse chief and have it in your inventory when you start a private shop, then exit client)
  • C6 Skills
  • Better graphical rendering
  • Auto Loot system (write .autoloot on/off)
  • Ability to trade 1bil of Adena into Gold bars and back.
  • Quest item drop amount has been increased for the 3rd and sub class related quests.
  • Gatekeepers teleport to more nearby hunting areas in happy hours
  • Global shout (simply write !Hi and it will be seen though the whole Nostalgia World)
  • Skill auto learn system
  • Spell books removed from the drop

Also it is very nice to see that Nostalgia server is getting attention and climbing up in the server top lists, many thanks to people making voting effort!

Things are looking really good and I am very optimistic about the possibility to announce a Production status on 2018-02-23!

Thank you all and I hope you'll enjoy!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:28 pm 
Vassal

i tested this server for more than week and with many chars - 8-9 - and i can tell to others what i saw:
1. there not only 1 admin - and first admin have no ideas what other admin done - and this is the smallest problem :)
2. if u wanna play on server there settings jump all the time - this is good for u - first we have to kill for spellbooks and when players spend 2 days farming books - admin decide to change that
thank u sir
3. thank u for limit box after players rise chars that he think he will log - and that change u were not announce anywhere - it was real surprise for us - thank u again
4. who like to play on high rate with quest x1 chance and x1 rate? am w8ting tell me who? :)
5. "Better graphical rendering" - waaaaaaooo - u mean we will have some seconds to see smth?
6. - i no wanna continue this agony - i wish all good - to all - except that admin who never tested what he try to give alive...

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:29 pm 
Vassal

Well, thank you for a nice review, I bet it would be a lot nicer if I gave this „tester“ certain privileges... Well never mind, I'll answer some of the criticism:

1. There is One admin for the game (me), the other is for infrastructure. There is no point in us sharing information too much because we work on different things.
2. This is called the testing period. It is usually used to try different things and see what works, what not.
3. From the very first day you could only create 3 game accounts per forum account. It was also said quite clearly in the forum, that even tough it was technically possible to connect more of them, it would be dealt with if things get out of hand. So they did...
4. Quests are currently being worked on and majority of them have boosted rates from today.
5. It means ability to enable, select and use various shaders, which were not offered in the original C4 client.
6. What can I say... You clearly know the doors, so good luck!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:58 pm 
Vassal

.online - and feel your lonely nostalgia :) - sorry but - u start change quest rates couse i told u - u have no idea - other admin break game couse he give free milions adenas - to who he like - is it fair? - don't tell me where the doors is - couse i will explane more and more to "future" players :) am sure - they need that info :) couse no1 wanna lose time to test this shi ts - and when give u correct info u act like a fool
so
.online - and feel your lonely nostalgia

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:04 pm 
Vassal

Seriously dude, I'm not telling you where the doors are, as I've said, you know it your self clearly. Besides, there is a gazillion of other servers - don't like mine - don't play. I really don't need you to... Go to someone else or create your own if you like, I don't care.

Himura wrote:
u start change quest rates couse i told u - u have no idea - other admin break game couse he give free milions adenas - to who he like - is it fair?

Not that I need to, but here, have it your way: With our rates one or two million won't break the game in any way as with these rates you can have it in less than 10min hunt. So even if he did give away, which I doubt, it would not matter in the grand scale. I suppose the biggest problem here is that I refused to give you high grade items or slay raids with the GM power. Given your reaction, I have no doubt that it was a correct decision on my part.

As for quest rates, well yes, I am not a walking encyclopedia and indeed sometimes have to rely on notices of other people. What's the big deal here? I've got the information and even managed to change them properly in days time, while someone did not manage to read few lines in a forum about it before going high wire...

I have nothing more to say to you, don't die from anger and good luck.

Last edited by meisteris on Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:03 pm 
Vagabond

Hello GM,

The server is very nice. I was looking for the feature of character marriage.
I know in some C6 servers there was an option to get married in gran or aden church.
then you can teleport to your married partners using command
.gotolove

It was quite useful for buffer box.

The quest was that both parties needed to make Q for formal ware. And while wearing formal ware get married in Giran or Aden church..

OfflineProfile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next