Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: [l2off] lineage2 nostalgia C4
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:14 am 
Vassal

Feature complete retail C4. High rate PVE server.

Start
2018-02-01

Rates
70x 70x 70x 100x 15x.

Features

Feature complete retail C4.
    Traders of various items are hidden in deep, remote or interesting places.
    Blacksmiths are capable of counterfeiting items for 1st and 2nd class transfer.
    Soulshots up to C grade are available in stores.
    Soul Crystals up to level 8 are being sold by mineral traders.
    Nicely sorted gatekeeper lists.
    Nicely sorted stores.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: [l2off] lineage2 nostalgia C4
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:59 pm 
Duke

Fixed link... Huge +1 for a C4 server! Glad to see people going back to roots :wink:

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:04 am 
Vassal

Thank you very much!

As the starting date is getting closer, the server is now fully playable, but might require a downtime or two in order to fully complete setup before the launch.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:44 pm 
Elder

I'm sure more people would join if the rates were lower. (5x-10x)

Overall nice features.

* No donations
* No pay2win

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:33 pm 
Duke

It's servers like these which make me wonder how the hell Interlude became so popular.
I'm not saying C4 was perfect, but C5 was pretty close to it. It's a damn shame we've no C5 servers around.

Interlude was the time where everybody started saying 'wtf', mostly because of the augments. I guess people got used to it considering Interlude is still orders of magnitude better than the modern chronicles (excluding Classic, of course).

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:47 pm 
Vassal

Thanks guys,
As someone who had to test and get familiar in pretty much all chronicles in a short time, I would have to agree with the popular opinion of C6 being somewhat superior. At least in the technical side of the game it certainly is. There are few very good features in the C6:
  • World info system (easy to check monster levels, raid locations, etc.)
  • Slightly nicer shaders and overall look.
  • Ability to see 3 hotbars at once.
  • Offline stores.
  • Better (or should I say more fair) overall balance of classes.
  • Personally I love the summon friend and gate chant skills.
  • Clan skills, armors and good overall clan system.

However the game content has quite a bit of short comings, annoyances and plain stupid content:
  • Augments.
  • Herbs (arrghh...).
  • Shadow stuff.
  • Adventurer trading / Raids drop some stones (useless IMO).
  • Dinosaurs (seriously WTH were they thinking!).
  • Demon swords (some like this, some don't, a matter of preference I suppose).
  • Stuttgart, which is not bad by it self, but why is it exactly the same as Goddard?!

C4 in comparison does not possess any of the short comings of C6, it lacks one or two features in the client, it's class balance is a bit in favor of the mages, which is kind of right (hey, if you know how to do magic - you have an advantage every time, everywhere).

Overall the client is more stream lined and the content is developed well (all the important stuff is there!). So it is indeed quite a nice chronicle! There certainly should be more servers for it :)

Another thing is that currently it is very easy to run a server for C6 or later chronicle as it is possible to easily buy quality code and run it. If you want something like C5 or lower - you have to raise your sleeves and hack. A lot :!:

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:07 pm 
Vassal

Just to let you know, server is now open for business and waiting for players ;)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:13 am 
Duke

meisteris wrote:
Thanks guys,
As someone who had to test and get familiar in pretty much all chronicles in a short time, I would have to agree with the popular opinion of C6 being somewhat superior. At least in the technical side of the game it certainly is. There are few very good features in the C6:
  • World info system (easy to check monster levels, raid locations, etc.)
  • Slightly nicer shaders and overall look.
  • Ability to see 3 hotbars at once.
  • Offline stores.
  • Better (or should I say more fair) overall balance of classes.
  • Personally I love the summon friend and gate chant skills.
  • Clan skills, armors and good overall clan system.

However the game content has quite a bit of short comings, annoyances and plain stupid content:
  • Augments.
  • Herbs (arrghh...).
  • Shadow stuff.
  • Adventurer trading / Raids drop some stones (useless IMO).
  • Dinosaurs (seriously WTH were they thinking!).
  • Demon swords (some like this, some don't, a matter of preference I suppose).
  • Stuttgart, which is not bad by it self, but why is it exactly the same as Goddard?!

C4 in comparison does not possess any of the short comings of C6, it lacks one or two features in the client, it's class balance is a bit in favor of the mages, which is kind of right (hey, if you know how to do magic - you have an advantage every time, everywhere).

Overall the client is more stream lined and the content is developed well (all the important stuff is there!). So it is indeed quite a nice chronicle! There certainly should be more servers for it :)

Another thing is that currently it is very easy to run a server for C6 or later chronicle as it is possible to easily buy quality code and run it. If you want something like C5 or lower - you have to raise your sleeves and hack. A lot :!:

I don't think IL's balance was much better than C4's to be honest, it's still an archer chronicle in mass pvp but all mystics got nerfed hard with the long sleep cast time (which was really needed, the SPS was fucking crazy). However lategame Gladi is completely broken in 1v1 (so is the Tyrant) while mages have a far easier time leveling up because of herbs. Daggers are indeed better in frontal combat since trick/switch work on players but augments break so many things, oly against an EE with a nuke is anything but fun. Only chance against it is a prefrenzied Destro which can't get prefrenzy anyway because the EE is gonna heal it.

Ironically, these new retarded chronicles are the most balanced ones pvp-wise (GoD+).

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:06 pm 
Vassal

Looks like the project will have to be retracted a little bit,

Even tough the Game server remains playable, due to low initial interest we are back to the testing status. This phase will be used to fulfill certain features:

• A better looking website (done).
  • A more suited domain (l2nostalgia.eu).
  • A Donation or Invitation system.
  • Better advertisement.
  • Possible migration to the Chronicle 6 (Interlude).

Hopefully this world can be home for many players in near future. So stay tuned, keep inviting your friends and be ready for an update ;)

P.S.
It's a good time to clear your browsers cache!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:48 pm 
Duke

Big +1 for not giving up on the project, though I'd probably suggest not to migrate to C6 - even though it might seem like a good idea, the competition is much harder on the Interlude chronicle, so I believe you'll have better chances staying on C4 and work your way up from there :wink:

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:53 pm 
Elder

There are already billions of interlude servers out there.

Stick to Chronicle 4 with low rates and no custom crap. 8)

* No donations
* No pay2win

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:12 pm 
Vassal

Thank you for valuable insights,

I sure appreciate the input. C4 is certainly a nice chronicle indeed, plus it really fits the project and I am trying not to rush in the conclusion to migrate. At least not for popularity alone.

It should be noted, that if I do, it would not be a half-baked C6 which could be started in a few clicks of a button. Progress would be migrated from C4 database into C6, so no wipe. The client would still retain a C4 twist, like C4 artwork, there would be no herbs, no shadow weapons and probably no augment stuff either. I bet if people could see current C6 development client, not all of them could spot the difference! But it would bring several really nice things to the game:

World Info system.
Some skills in C6 are really nice.
More areas to explore.
A slightly better graphics.
Offline shops.
Some other small, but nice features.

The major difference lies in the server however. Let's say I can run a nice binary C4 server, which is tuned and everything, but the fact, that I do not possess the source means certain limitations of operation. Like limited anti-bot protection, limited amount of features to be added and limited ability to fix if something wrecks a havoc...

But in case of C6, there is a full source code, hence, a lot more flexibility. This server can be optimized better, can offer much stronger protection from bots and exploits plus the ability to implement more interesting features should the need come.

That is the most I can tell for now as testing and experimentation goes on. Currently there are at least three viable scenarios of implementation, so will see how it turns out, but there is a good feeling and in either outcome this would still feel more like C4 than C6 :wink:

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:27 pm 
Marquis

protection of bots means nothing .. ppl just buy adrenaline and bot on any server and u cant do anything about it . it even raises the barier between the legit and normal players and whoever can buy adrenaline . l2 nowdays suck hard

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:10 am 
Elder

Quote:
l2 nowdays suck hard

Not L2 but the L2-Community.

* No donations
* No pay2win

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:06 am 
Vassal

i tried - and what i can say - till 20 lvl i can't make enough adena for quest /500k/ - but its not so important - i found many bugs - like - can't enter town from main entrance , and when you jump - it's terrible - anyway i can't see any ppl in any town /started, gludio, dion, giran/- i don't know player who wanna play server like this - what is motto here - "play alone - feel nostalgia?"

OfflineProfile