Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: [l2off] lineage2 nostalgia C4
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:22 pm 
Duke

meisteris wrote:
Good day fellow players,

I am pleased to announce that server is now LIVE! Actually it was announced live on 2018-03-03 as promised, but so many elpies came... What can I say the party was huge, for tree days we have celebrated and I was there, drank mead, which has dripped through the beard...

The server seems to be pretty stable and worked out, no more big changes should be needed, so there we are, happy playing!

It makes me happy to see people like you being passionate about their server, hopefully it will grow well :wink:

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:05 pm 
Vagabond

Sadly server is dead, no interest from GM's on forum either to fix the bugs at least

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:57 pm 
Duke

Well it's tough, you need a good advertisement these days... I'm sure there's a demand for true oldschool chronicles like C4, but can't attract players if they don't know the server exists :?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:00 am 
Duke

Herlitz wrote:
Well it's tough, you need a good advertisement these days... I'm sure there's a demand for true oldschool chronicles like C4, but can't attract players if they don't know the server exists :?

Yeah, either that or you need a well established name. Dex didn't need to advertise its Insolence server much and has over 1.5k players at peak times while Warage had the most disgusting marketing campaign and is now sitting at 300 players or something.

Keeping your population up is difficult too. You need a vote API based functionality because the l2 topsites encourage that type of shit behaviour. I'd shut them all down if it were me. It encourages stuff like vote rewards or boosted stats if you voted (admins who have no clue about this game and its economy), but it can be done well too (a bit of extra XP for example is quite benign).

Opening a new L2 server nowadays looks like a shitshow if you have no name to back it up. I've personally considered it but it's just bullshit.

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 3:58 pm 
Vassal

I guess it'll be good time to beak radio silence :)

As as stated, C4 did seem to have some potential, but reality is different. Life if harsh and L2 is really old now. Anyhow, I am very happy that I was able to make it into reality and to make it as good for a one man project as it got. I feel content for that.

With such attention, this server should be taken down, but lucky for us, it cost literally nothing to run it. So it will just run as is. Please don't expect much attention from me (aside from periodical reboot and backup). Unless we start seeing players that is.

Thank you all for your support, it was sure fun for the time being!

P.S.
If anyone would be interested to obtain my files (without the DB content of course) and attempt to spin off their own project, feel free to drop me a message.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 6:06 pm 
Duke

meisteris wrote:
With such attention, this server should be taken down, but lucky for us, it cost literally nothing to run it. So it will just run as is.

Huge respect for this. Will keep fingers crossed some more players find their way there :wink:

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:14 pm 
Vassal

Welcome to the new season,

Few good news for this occasion:

Quote:
2018-09-17
Setup: Soul Crystals level 11-13 added to the secret trader.
Setup: Blacksmith no longer require to have recipes in order to craft basic materials.
Setup: Warehouse Chief now has an authority to issue Dualsword Craft Stamp (not cheap tough).
Fix: Some more HTML errors.
Fix: 7 Signs quest events.

As you can see, plenty of news here. Most notably, it is now possible to buy Soul Crystals which are needed for A and S grade weapons from a secret trader which can be found in the dark place during the day time (Hint: Rune area should be worth to be explored).

There are some more good news, like Crafting As a Service and availability of a Dual Craft Stamps from warehouse chiefs! Not bad for a start of a season, huh?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:57 pm 
Vassal

Hi there,
Bumping and old thread here, just wanted to give a small update. Server is still going, there have been some tweaks and improvements. One of the important ones would be reduced grind of more popular quests, like subclass, 3rd class and nobles. So be sure to check it out!

It has never been easier to achieve subclass than before! Don't get me wrong, you would still need to do the quest, but you won't have to be killing Raid Bosses to do it!

As of now, the chests of the subclass Raid Bosses will be spawning automatically at these rates:

Coffer of the Dead (Shillens Messenger Cabrio) - every 15 to 20 minutes.
Chest of Hallate (Death Lord Hallate) - every 30 to 37 minutes.
Chest of Kernon (Kernon) - every 45 to 54 minutes.
Chest of Golkonda (Longhorn Golkonda) - every 60 to 71 minutes.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:08 am 
Vagabond

Herlitz wrote:
Big +1 for not giving up on the project, though I'd probably suggest not to migrate to C6 - even though it might seem like a good idea, the competition is much harder on the Interlude chronicle, so I believe you'll have better chances staying on C4 and work your way up from there :wink:

Absolutely, resilience is key in projects. Consideration for staying on C4 instead of migrating to C6 is wise. The competition on the Interlude chronicle is intense, better chances might be found on C4. Good luck!original magic 8 ball

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:32 am 
Elder

Reggieros wrote:
Absolutely, resilience is key in projects. Consideration for staying on C4 instead of migrating to C6 is wise. The competition on the Interlude chronicle is intense, better chances might be found on C4. Good luck!original magic 8 ball

Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:48 pm

Did you just necro a post from 6 years ago? How did you even find that? Holy fuck...

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:47 pm 
Vassal

server still up?

OfflineProfile