Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: [Question] l2off C5 low rates server
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:44 pm 
Duke

kuboyah wrote:
so uhh, what are the differences between C5 and C6? what does c5 lack or what's different than c4 either, especially that clan system?
if anyone has a link to article explaining this or some forum posts share please, it could help the community who didnt play much on c5 get to know the thing

Most notable differences would be no augments, no shadow weapons. Also less stupid shit like gladi dash and invul.
Still an archer chronicle when it comes to mass pvp though. It's also the first chronicle where trick and switch works on players.

It's widely regarded along with Hellbound as being one of the most balanced chronicles before H5.

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:07 pm 
Duke

Also Primeval Isle... Never liked it too much, I mean dinosaurs in Lineage, like what :lol:

Really kinda shame the C5 didn't catch on instead of IL... The problem was that back then when Interlude pribate serbidors were starting, we all had that mentality that anything new is cool (like wings and those Dusk Shields - and those who say they didn't like it, they secretly like it to this day), so these dinosaurs and augments were the best thing back then. Time went on and as people were getting rid of their C5s, it was harder and harder for servers to persuade players to download the game again just to try their project :?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:14 pm 
Viscount

wow so many oldschool forum users back :D what is going on? :D

btw i heard that in c5 critical power was broken some how ( very high crit pwoer or smth), never played in pure c5 tbh, my country servers jumped from c4 to c6, so c5 always was a bit mystery

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:02 pm 
Duke

^ I think people were complaining about 1-hit kills with daggers since skills can crit starting with C5.
Might be wrong though, I just haven't heard of people saying crt power is broken.

And yeah, it's nice to see people are still around on this forum :).

Herlitz wrote:
Also Primeval Isle... Never liked it too much, I mean dinosaurs in Lineage, like what :lol:

Really kinda shame the C5 didn't catch on instead of IL... The problem was that back then when Interlude pribate serbidors were starting, we all had that mentality that anything new is cool (like wings and those Dusk Shields - and those who say they didn't like it, they secretly like it to this day), so these dinosaurs and augments were the best thing back then. Time went on and as people were getting rid of their C5s, it was harder and harder for servers to persuade players to download the game again just to try their project :?

Yeah that too, I honestly never cared for Primeval Island. I'll admit that it looks pretty in the tunnel entrance side of the island but that's just about it. Like you said, dinosaurs in Lineage wtf.

And yes, it's a damn shame C5 isn't popular. Too many people jumped to Interlude because of the new aspects of the game and ignored the fact that most of said ideas were utterly bad. Again, Gladi with dash wtf? That thing shouldn't be able to move fast OR have a celestial shield considering how much damage it deals both in melee and ranged combat.

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:17 pm 
Viscount

idk without shadow weapons, in low rates everyone would be using d and c grd like 4ever, some who solo would have bad time with d grd untill they can get c from crystal shop. i actually like common items a lot in later chronicles, it makes game more fun, players can level up and get cheap items with same p atk p def just without sa/set stats, and look good with top b or a sets on them. Lets be honest many ppl love to look good in game, so if we take for example c5 and players playing 65+ with c grd set and weapon versus gracia where pp lcan get cheap mj or nm heavy set (common) and enjoy gameplay more, i dont see problem. Biggest problem in newer chronicles were vitality who disbalanced gameplay extremely for private servers, and atributes. Also kamaels beying op untill freya or smth. without these 3 thigs i think l2 would have lived way longer, but again h5 had so many bad stuff too.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:45 am 
Duke

maximotatos wrote:
h5 didnt have good files?are u serious?After interlude(that wasnt so balanced but was the most popular ever) the most balanced chronicle was h5 and the only worth-playing.Between those chronicles there wasnt something trustworthy or interesting.C5 is a chronicle that can be extremely interesting for those who are looking for a nostalgia low rate server, far better than c6 which contains shadow weapons and helps people reach end-game soon.

You can say that again. Augments making supports have active damaging spells in oly is balanced? Bishop celestial shield and salvation? Gladi dash and gladi/tyrant celestial shield? Tyrant break duress when he already has good ranged skills? Aura flash for nukers when they already have a ton of DPS and utility?
Sure, there were some nice boosts to underused classes like Paagrio's Fist and Victories of Paagrio for the Overlord, Shock Stomp for the Warlord, Attractive Cubic for TK. Even Archery passive for archers, they didn't need a buff but kiting mages actually makes sense.
Overall, I think Interlude is the worst balanced chronicle. Worse than sleep/nuke/sleep/nuke C4.

However, you clearly haven't played Hellbound if you say H5 is the only one worth playing after Interlude balance-wise. HB was quite balanced as well and it was one of the last chronicles before everything became too complicated and overdone. Kamaels were in a good position in HB (unlike the chronicle before when they were completely underpowered aside from the Berserker) and the SH finally got the steroid it deserved (Empowering Echo). Tanks finally got some serious mdef in the lategame because at that point mages completely rekt them, and they balanced the tanks by introducing Angelic Icon-like steroids in all of them thus ending the Paladin's ridiculous oly reign. I never understood why that class got Angelic Icon while the rest got dicked, NCSoft's balance team is worse than Blizzard's. And that's saying something, I'm pretty sure Blizzard's balance team has monkeys instead of humans or something; it's just impossible to suck so hard at balancing something.

H5 is in a good spot balance-wise too, but imo it's too complicated and overdone - elements for example are a completely unnecessary mechanic, especially when enchants already exist. The best part is that PvP tends to last more so you don't just die in one second without a chance to react.

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:13 pm 
Marquis

i agree with Icarus, but the thing that bother me most is how ncsoft was thinking celestial /flames of invisibility was balanced in interlude. i understand is 80 skill and 80 was extremely hard on x1 but having 30 sec ALLY immortality while dealing dps is ridiculous. no reuse on nuke aguments . melee classes were trash and completely useless . only destro for pve and gladi was god in 1v1 and nowhere else. yet the most unbalanced thing was/is casting speed SA/set bonuses. every acumen weapon have 15% casting speed. No grade / C grade / B grade set all had same casting speed bonus. while DC robe is completely broken. on top of that cast/atkspeed affecting skills cooldown made it even more broken. everymage set/wweapon build is absolutely the same. no diversity . 2h mage staffs having same m atk like one handed staffs??????? . also draco bow FOCUS :D nice joke. the only thing i like in interlude is how attribute resist buffs works . Hellbound attribute system was good change but having 150 on weapon and only 30 on armor made no sense it made pvp even more oneshot like . also the release of Chant of protection that led to Archers dominance vanish. it was a needed change but way too powerfull . just like Acumen/cast speed bonuses.

gracia final was good and well balanced version of the game. NCsoft actually started using their brains by nerfing frenzy and adding some boost to melee classes and led the other melee classes time to shine, but kamaels already existed so it didnt matter . so the best balance wise version leads to high five. where tanks / summoners farming oly like pve and other classes pray for their debuffs to land so they can sneak a win or two. but after all its a good version. giving solo /casual players/small groups chance to actually compete and reach late game just to face the AOE mage groups that was already fully stacked w endgame items. :D . but times have changed. russians exists . so nothing unusual. to "Gracia Final" . vitality really helped the casual players. players that log for 2-3h/day not falling too behind vs russkies that are running a party 24/7 with 27 ppl on shifts lol . but times have changed . ppl no longer having fun with their new C weapon in forrest of mirrors and exploring the map like in C2/C3. most ppl play for nostalgia but is nowhere to be found. ppl are just crazy rushing for lvl/items and not having fun like we did before .

TLDR; ncsoft suck at balance , hard.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:03 pm 
Duke

bemyfrag wrote:
but times have changed . ppl no longer having fun with their new C weapon in forrest of mirrors and exploring the map like in C2/C3. most ppl play for nostalgia but is nowhere to be found. ppl are just crazy rushing for lvl/items and not having fun like we did before .

Times have changed indeed, because L2 is no longer the pretty game it was. When it launched it was one of the best looking games out there, I remember how laughably bad WoW fanboys were trying to convince themselves that WoW looked better. Everyone knew it didn't.
Lineage 2 aged well, but still it aged. Plus the fact that most of its players know the map like their own pockets, that exploration desire is gone. I personally feel like I've been just about everywhere.

It's also a real pity people no longer gather at the town entrances to PvP, it was fun as hell seeing everyone waving their dicks around and getting pwned by the next dude with a bigger dick. Arenas are empty as well, people just care about racing to the endgame like you said.

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:41 am 
Duke

Icarus wrote:
bemyfrag wrote:
but times have changed . ppl no longer having fun with their new C weapon in forrest of mirrors and exploring the map like in C2/C3. most ppl play for nostalgia but is nowhere to be found. ppl are just crazy rushing for lvl/items and not having fun like we did before .

Times have changed indeed, because L2 is no longer the pretty game it was. When it launched it was one of the best looking games out there, I remember how laughably bad WoW fanboys were trying to convince themselves that WoW looked better. Everyone knew it didn't.
Lineage 2 aged well, but still it aged. Plus the fact that most of its players know the map like their own pockets, that exploration desire is gone. I personally feel like I've been just about everywhere.

It's also a real pity people no longer gather at the town entrances to PvP, it was fun as hell seeing everyone waving their dicks around and getting pwned by the next dude with a bigger dick. Arenas are empty as well, people just care about racing to the endgame like you said.

As for the map exploring - well I don't necessarily explore it myself either, but maybe because I never really did before, I'm sometimes surprised to find a certain places I didn't know existed, despite playing this game over 10+ years :mrgreen:

And yeah, the gathering around the eastern gate in Dion was the stuff back in days... The adrenaline rush when you tried to hit some 'big guy' with your n00b 20 char and instantly jumped back to peace zone before he one shots you :D That being said though, other 'social' aspects of the game I totally see on the server I'm playing right now, the classic.club - there's ton of hardcore guys who spend dozens of hours in game with their clans and CPs and they're actually oldschool hating the other server sides - you can actually say because of the constant flaming on the forum. Also the PvPs get really intense because on the classic chronicle the farming gets slow as hell, and dying equeals losing sometimes hours of farm... I mean if someone's looking for the 'social' part of the nostalgia, I can totally recommend a classic server - obviously only if you're ready to spend at least hour or two on it daily, otherwise you get stuck on level 20 :mrgreen:

OfflineProfile