Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Author Message
 Post subject: A perfect L2 project idea. Would like to see such in future.
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 10:39 am 
Baron

Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:50 pm
Posts: 247
Lineage 2 have some critical mechanic issues which is not healthy or not acceptable to current community, because of that many project lives just a bit more than 1-2 months and then dies. There are of course some exceptions or project which has some player base after this period, but to current standards such a server is considered as "dead". So here are my suggestions to make a PERFECT PROJECT.

CHRONICLE

Doesn't really matter. Considering all chronicles H5 would be best option because it suits all players (solo/group/cp/oly/farmers ect). Also there is lategame unlike C6.


CRAFTING SYSTEM

1. Material revamp. There are simply to many materials in Lineage 2, having upgrade materials from let's say leather/thread to Crafted leather/Compound braid is headache. So to make it easier there are few things which can be done. Either make that monsters drop only high tier materials or add a button which allows craft all material into your wanted high tier material in one click.

2. Recipe revamp. Crafting item should be always 100%. The mechanic that crafting is based on RNG is not healthy.


ECONOMIC

There needs to be money sink mechanics in the game because later on adena becomes basically useless. And how you can do that? It is very simple.

Option 1. Make all gear shadow. Let's say 14/30 days.

Option 2. Make gear "degrade". Which mean that after x days the gear need to be repaired. This can be done in 2 ways, either have an item in grocery shop which needs to be used on the item or add feature into crafting where warsmiths can repair item with a cost of 10% of item materials it self (no recipe needed).


ZONE BALANCE

Project should take a deep look into zones balance, to make sure that no class is having huge advantage. Such as AOE pulling range, AOE spot drop chances/amount (for example in H5 FOG/PI/DV/LOA/SOA).


CLASS AND RACE

There should be no race/class lockup. This feature in many mmorpg are most hateful feature because many people want play class X but hates race Y so they have take other option. It silly but this is true.


PROFESSION/SUB/NOBLES QUESTS

These quests should be removed completely. There is no fun waiting in line for quest monster when 5k+ people are online. There is no fun when you need wait 8h for spawn of raidboss and if you let's say go to work/study you mostly missing it. This game feature of waiting is retarded and unhealthy. Players should be free to choose their destiny and not limited by game mechanic limitations.





--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So this is it. I would like to know your opinion about this kind of project. Would you play in such server?


Reply with quote
Top
 OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: A perfect L2 project idea. Would like to see such in fut
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 11:04 am 
Vassal

Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:32 pm
Posts: 43
Classic or interlude chronicles only.

Cheers


Reply with quote
Top
 OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: A perfect L2 project idea. Would like to see such in fut
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 4:10 pm 
Heir

Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:57 pm
Posts: 58
Man no offense but... You can't gather even 20 people to play your custom dream game based on Lineage.

As for the problems in MMOs in general, The developers of the games have a working solution to the problems - periodic updates! They give new hard to get stuff, and make the old top stuff easy to get.
That way they put brakepoints, preventing some players to rush dramatically ahead of the rest, but still introducing new endgame.


Reply with quote
Top
 OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: A perfect L2 project idea. Would like to see such in fut
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 6:03 pm 
Marquis
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:53 pm
Posts: 1970
aqdevas wrote:
Doesn't really matter. Considering all chronicles H5 would be best option because it suits all players (solo/group/cp/oly/farmers ect). Also there is lategame unlike C6.


Agreed, H5 is definitely the best choice when looking for some longterm projects... Of course there were projects like L2Dawn, but generally speaking it's much easier to make the server live longer when you have broader range of stuff to do in late :)


aqdevas wrote:
CRAFTING SYSTEM

1. Material revamp. There are simply to many materials in Lineage 2, having upgrade materials from let's say leather/thread to Crafted leather/Compound braid is headache. So to make it easier there are few things which can be done. Either make that monsters drop only high tier materials or add a button which allows craft all material into your wanted high tier material in one click.

2. Recipe revamp. Crafting item should be always 100%. The mechanic that crafting is based on RNG is not healthy.


Ahhh I don't know mate. There's always a line between what's just a 'headache' and what's annoying, but neverthless a part of what makes the game what it is. Personally I always kinda liked clicking the mats... Provided it's not something you do everyday, I don't see much problem with it :)

As for the 60% recipes, well, L2 has always been about that RNG, it's always a thrill when you collect mats/keys for X days and then you go to the craft and keep fingers crossed... :P

aqdevas wrote:
ECONOMIC

There needs to be money sink mechanics in the game because later on adena becomes basically useless. And how you can do that? It is very simple.

Option 1. Make all gear shadow. Let's say 14/30 days.

Option 2. Make gear "degrade". Which mean that after x days the gear need to be repaired. This can be done in 2 ways, either have an item in grocery shop which needs to be used on the item or add feature into crafting where warsmiths can repair item with a cost of 10% of item materials it self (no recipe needed).


ahh option 1 would be definitely a no-no for me. I strongly believe your equip should be something you build over time and get to keep indefinitely... Just imaging that I'd get my weapon +7 only to lose it few days after... :?

option 2 definitely sounds more like it :wink: Another idea to this would be that instead of required repairs, you could keep 'soft-augmenting' your equip instead. For a certain price or an ammount of mats you could always 'enchant' your armor for a bit - such bonuses could be some small p.def gain, mp regen, small flat HP bonuses... Like augmentation, just a bit weaker. You could stack those, but with a soft cap - i.e., from certain point the bonuses would be barely noticable.

aqdevas wrote:
ZONE BALANCE

Project should take a deep look into zones balance, to make sure that no class is having huge advantage. Such as AOE pulling range, AOE spot drop chances/amount (for example in H5 FOG/PI/DV/LOA/SOA).


Sounds like a lot of work :o Dunno, tbh H5 is pretty well balanced in that matter - for obvious reasons buffers or healers will probably never farm solo as well as for example summoners, but on H5 you've got some special zones for chars, e.g. mithril mines/plains of lizardmen for archers :wink:


aqdevas wrote:
CLASS AND RACE

There should be no race/class lockup. This feature in many mmorpg are most hateful feature because many people want play class X but hates race Y so they have take other option. It silly but this is true.


I guess that's something subclass solves though? If you mean that e.g. elfs can't make subclass to d.elfs, then I think it's k, it's just part of the lore/game :P


aqdevas wrote:
PROFESSION/SUB/NOBLES QUESTS

These quests should be removed completely. There is no fun waiting in line for quest monster when 5k+ people are online. There is no fun when you need wait 8h for spawn of raidboss and if you let's say go to work/study you mostly missing it. This game feature of waiting is retarded and unhealthy. Players should be free to choose their destiny and not limited by game mechanic limitations.[/center]


Well they're not exactly the most fun part of the game, but then again it simply packs on stuff that players can do... I mean maybe the RBs can be removed from thsoe quests, but other than that, never really saw a problem with those :)

_________________
ImageImage


Reply with quote
Top
 OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: A perfect L2 project idea. Would like to see such in fut
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 1:59 pm 
Duke
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:06 pm
Posts: 4688
Location: Cluj-Napoca, Romania
The community will never accept a custom L2 server which solves L2's issues. They will grind their asses off to the endgame and then discover that their favourite Interlude OP class (necro, gladi or archer) is crap so they actually can't spam F1 and get kills anymore. Then they'll leave.
The community is a reflection of NCSoft's and private server owners' behaviour, always will be.

The fact that Interlude is peoples' favourite old chronicle speaks volumes about how dumb and herd-like the community has become as a whole. Everyone has forgotten how poorly Interlude was received after something as good as C5.
And I'm not saying everyone playing L2 is dumb, we have people who haven't even played C5 and genuinely don't know what it was like.
It's the herd mentality which bothers me.

What also bothers me is how openly the community now accepts L2j servers, especially Interlude ones. We have a perfectly good Interlude extender, why is everyone accepting Java crap? Because it's easier for the server owners to make easy profit as they're far easier to work with.


You see, any server which is different from the standard-issue vote reward and donation abusing servers will eventually be left behind. That's because people trust topsites way too much.
L2Shrine is pure testament of that.

_________________
http://x-icarus.deviantart.com


Reply with quote
Top
 OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: A perfect L2 project idea. Would like to see such in fut
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 12:11 pm 
Baron

Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:50 pm
Posts: 247
Icarus wrote:
The community will never accept a custom L2 server which solves L2's issues. They will grind their asses off to the endgame and then discover that their favourite Interlude OP class (necro, gladi or archer) is crap so they actually can't spam F1 and get kills anymore. Then they'll leave.
The community is a reflection of NCSoft's and private server owners' behaviour, always will be.

The fact that Interlude is peoples' favourite old chronicle speaks volumes about how dumb and herd-like the community has become as a whole. Everyone has forgotten how poorly Interlude was received after something as good as C5.
And I'm not saying everyone playing L2 is dumb, we have people who haven't even played C5 and genuinely don't know what it was like.
It's the herd mentality which bothers me.

What also bothers me is how openly the community now accepts L2j servers, especially Interlude ones. We have a perfectly good Interlude extender, why is everyone accepting Java crap? Because it's easier for the server owners to make easy profit as they're far easier to work with.


You see, any server which is different from the standard-issue vote reward and donation abusing servers will eventually be left behind. That's because people trust topsites way too much.
L2Shrine is pure testament of that.


It is because people now plays for money rather to have fun. Ever since CP system started, L2 was dead. Top parties gets everything in 1 month, sells and goes to other protect otherwise they lose money.


Reply with quote
Top
 OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: A perfect L2 project idea. Would like to see such in fut
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 6:31 pm 
Vassal

Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:24 am
Posts: 45
Look old chronicles are shorter, simpler and more straightforward compared to H5 and yes, less (((balanced))) but that's exactly what people find appealing. Just look at the lifespan of newer chronicles and the compare it to that of IL servers. 9 out of 10 times IL servers will last longer and attract more players... And to get back on topic just ask yourself, why doesn't the community accept customization? That's because they don't see the game as something broken that needs to be fixed. They don't want some totally arbitrary system and they don't like experimentation. What they want is the same routine. In my opinion the problem isn't the game so much but the owners of these private servers. They will keep them running for as long as they can get donations and then wipe/reopen or launch another project.

@Icarus
As if C5 was better than Interlude in terms of class balance :lol: Everybody complains about archers in IL but you guys forget how much harder they were critting before that. I get it if you don't like old chronicles at all and find them boring but if you loved C5 you can't really dislike IL too much because they are very similar.


Reply with quote
Top
 OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: A perfect L2 project idea. Would like to see such in fut
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 9:43 pm 
Duke
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:06 pm
Posts: 4688
Location: Cluj-Napoca, Romania
enw wrote:
@Icarus
As if C5 was better than Interlude in terms of class balance :lol: Everybody complains about archers in IL but you guys forget how much harder they were critting before that. I get it if you don't like old chronicles at all and find them boring but if you loved C5 you can't really dislike IL too much because they are very similar.

LOL C5 similar to IL? I can tell you right off the bat that you've chosen a poor topic to contradict me on, C4-Interlude are the chronicles I've played the most.

From the pre-throne chronicles that I've played (C3-Interlude) C5 was the most balanced one. I don't even understand how you can even debate this. C5 was fairly reasonable in a 1v1 scenario, and then came Interlude which:
- made the Gladi completely broken in pvp with Celestial (especially mass pvp) and Dash (only the TH and Tyrant could reliably outrun him)
- made the Tyrant the same kind of broken in mass and single pvp because of Celestial Shield
- made the Bishop fucking ridiculous with Celestial Shield and Salvation
- made the Overlord not broken, but fucking broken in mass pvp because of Flames of Invincibility. yeah, you don't see that shit used in random servers do you? that's because most clan leaders are retards and don't know how powerful that spell is. do you understand what 20 seconds of invulnerability for you and people around you means in mass pvp? the side with the most Overlords almost automatically wins mass pvp
- as if Pala's steroid skills weren't enough, they made it even more broken with Soul Of Phoenix which revives him after death. there's literally no reason to play any other tank in Interlude aside from this class
- nerfed critical damage buffs. this made archers less strong (nice change) but also heavily nerfed daggers which were in an ok spot in C5
- indirectly nerfed daggers again by further boosting physical damage of skills when using soulshots. dagger skill power was NOT increased
- they made Fear affect players which is one of the stupidest spells in this game, along with Anchor. if you land it you won. necro was already very strong in pvp before this change and the SH didn't need such a buff anyway
- and last but not least, AUGMENTS. the single most pathetic change in the whole chronicle. it completely ruined oly balance for good, making support classes (EE) way too strong

Also, archers were always strong in mass pvp. That's nothing new and it never changed.

No matter how much you don't like admitting this, Interlude is the first chronicle in which Lineage 2 started to go down hard.
One of the worst chronicles in this game's history, but not nearly as bad as GoD+.

_________________
http://x-icarus.deviantart.com


Reply with quote
Top
 OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: A perfect L2 project idea. Would like to see such in fut
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 10:29 pm 
Marquis
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:17 pm
Posts: 1017
Location: Cape Town,South Africa
for me Celestial type skills / nuke augments no reuse and skills CD affected by cast/atk speed is the biggest bs ever existed . also mages can go -MEN w/o any significant changes while fighters reducing CON is way more significant loss . thats just bs . either MEN need to be buffed or WIT nerfed . sps with 30%+ m crit rate just w +5 wit /wm and siren is just big bad joke . can even go to 90%+ with valakas neck /hero staff / wm augment . thats balanced? archers can do 20 times more dmg in mass pvp then anything else cuz it cost them literally 1-3 mp/5-10k dmg using only F1 key . HUH

believe me or not retail servers died cuz everyone rolled archers after c4 because thats just auto win on mass pvp/sieges . after that dw/fire dance nerf followed by chant of protection later on finally killed the class and everyone left .
about duelist i think its ok to be GOD in 1v1 . its gladiator/duelist after all . his PVE is just joke. on 9v9 useless cuz 2-3 mana burns and he can go afk , but the celestial shit just put him on top of everything in 1v1. lionheart was already too good , reflecting debuffs was nice but who thought that 10 sec immortality on top of that is balanced ? .

FOI aka clan 30 sec immortality - i wont even comment . the game balance sucked hard c3-interlude but interlude changes was the worse . so yeah . C5 > interlude balance wise .


Reply with quote
Top
 OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: A perfect L2 project idea. Would like to see such in fut
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 12:36 am 
Vassal

Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:24 am
Posts: 45
Seriously? Who cares if a glad or a tyrant have a few seconds cele skill, it's not about how strong they are one on one. In every meaningful pvp situation (sieges, epics) they will get pwned. The only relevant classes (DDs) are mages and archers and the gap between those two in Interlude is smaller. FOI didn't change anything strategy wise, it's just made OLs a must-have class. Same thing with bishops and salvation, it doesn't make the class more op - it gives them a redo...it just prolongs the pvp. Pala's "steroid" skills are no different in IL. You've got auto-res at 79 yes, but that's not game breaking. Any tank will do just as well in a party. Your role is to aggro/crowd control, not heal or pretend to be a DD. Daggers were more than ok, what are you talking about? As if backstab and lethal blow wasn't enough, they added the half kill effect on deadly and blinding blow in C5. Did you really expect them to boost them further by increasing skill power on top of that? Ok, with that fear example I think you're just listing shit you don't like. Augmets I'll grant you but some changes were actually good and this is one of them. All nukers have it in IL, not just necromancers. After their major (and well deserved) nerf in C5 they needed something to counter daggers and other close combat DDs in a pinch.
Quote:
One of the worst chronicles in this game's history, but not nearly as bad as GoD+.

That's a matter of opinion friend and I believe the vast majority of the remaining l2 community would disagree with you. I think you, like most people, have fond memories from C5 private servers (like celes) and that is why you hold it in such high regard even though its not that different from IL. I think that's why you never mentioned things that were totally broken in C5 like self-recharge for example (infinite mana pool if you enchant the skill for cost). Anyway, this is getting off topic so I'll stop here. We clearly don't agree but one thing is for sure, people love IL so...


Reply with quote
Top
 OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: A perfect L2 project idea. Would like to see such in fut
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 10:20 am 
Marquis
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:17 pm
Posts: 1017
Location: Cape Town,South Africa
thats exactly my point. archer/mages way too inferior compared to ANY melee.melees are literally useless .unless u destro so u can farm with frenzy like monster or 3 destros kill any RB for 1 min . <thats balanced btw yeah sure > and be spectator on pvp . same goes for any other melees on mass pvp . i dont even understand how ppl can enjoy or play interlude only . they only play destros and archers?

on topic: i kinda like ur changes . but there are core problems like aoe/wit+men bonuses/ sets bonuses, weapons SAs -acumen more specific and the fcking draco bow focus thats joke. EVERY other bow before draco bow that had focus SA is Very Slow atk speed. either make 2 type of S bows or remove the focus SA. archers too inferior a nd this is the exact reason why


Reply with quote
Top
 OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: A perfect L2 project idea. Would like to see such in fut
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 11:46 am 
Marquis
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:53 pm
Posts: 1970
enw wrote:
why doesn't the community accept customization? That's because they don't see the game as something broken that needs to be fixed. They don't want some totally arbitrary system and they don't like experimentation.


Personally I've never really minded the gameplay customization experiments - what made me usually quit immediately were any custom textures whatsoever, especially those silly dusk shields. Right now I'm playing with some friends on LA2dream and it's a literally filled with these custom accessories - monster shields, G.o.D.+ transforms, even custom made hats, you name it, all on Interlude server. It really makes you wonder how these things survived till 2018.

I'm playing the server purely because of the folks I'm playing with, otherwise the more I play it the more I realize how annoying Interlude is. Especially being a healer, dying after 2 crits from an archer with an average equip is just frustrating. I mean I understand how people can like the chronicle, after all it's usually more about the people than the game itself, but man, if we look at the PvP itself, H5 is entirely different league compared to the old chronicles.

_________________
ImageImage


Reply with quote
Top
 OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: A perfect L2 project idea. Would like to see such in fut
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 7:36 pm 
Knight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:19 am
Posts: 92
I don't like any of the suggestions OP made except for maybe the crafting thing, making 100 CBP with 1k bones in 1 click would be pretty sweet.

Anyway I've played many different chronicles and I've enjoyed Interlude the most.
My main char has always been SK and even though it isn't the powerhouse as it is in kamael+ chronicles I've found it immensely fun to play, especially in mass pvp (which, let's be honest, is the only thing that matters). I would always get ignored because lol-tank doesnt do damage. but then you get up close and debuff/stun their healers(<= ToD ftw)/nukers and now they start targeting you. So you pop UD, switch to a draco bow + focus and annoy the fuck out of them even more. They see you have UD on so they ignore you again which gives you time to heal up to full health once again. UD runs out and you start all over again, but this time you have vengeance when you get in trouble.

Not to mention timing your agression skill perfectly on the enemy's strongest archer to protect your own archers, and many other tactics that can be employed to help your clan.
Can't wait for L2Dawn to open up again.

_________________
One might say ignorance is a blessing
I disagree, for what other purpose is there to live
Then to possess the knowledge of the universe?
________________________________________________

Embrace the Infinite Singularity of the Stained Collective


Reply with quote
Top
 OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: A perfect L2 project idea. Would like to see such in fut
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 11:10 am 
Duke
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:06 pm
Posts: 4688
Location: Cluj-Napoca, Romania
enw wrote:
Seriously? Who cares if a glad or a tyrant have a few seconds cele skill, it's not about how strong they are one on one. In every meaningful pvp situation (sieges, epics) they will get pwned. The only relevant classes (DDs) are mages and archers and the gap between those two in Interlude is smaller.

Ok then by that logic let's give daggers celestial too, they get pwned in mass PvP just like the Gladi don't they? They also deal about the same damage as a Gladi if their target isn't retarded and can actually retarget properly.
Or give the Destro celestial too, I'm sure frenzy + zealot + celestial would be completely fine going straight into a siege line.
Yeah, that would be completely balanced. Give every heavy DD class a celestial, I'm sure that's fair towards other classes.

Mate, the fact alone that the Gladi can push into a siege line and survive for 10 seconds is broken. No class should be able to survive 10 seconds while a few full parties are focusing it (ok, maybe aside from a tank with UD). The funny part is that you can't even stun him because of Lionheart. With every Gladi being a human and going +CON, that Lionheart percentage-based resistance increase increases stun resistance by a ridiculous amount.

enw wrote:
FOI didn't change anything strategy wise, it's just made OLs a must-have class. Same thing with bishops and salvation, it doesn't make the class more op - it gives them a redo...it just prolongs the pvp.

Making an OL a must-have class IS a change in strategy. You have fewer other classes and need to account for that. You can also push through castle halls easier, the throne room in sieges used to be a death trap. It's not anymore. You can actually go in and take a decent position with FOI if you're well organized. FOI changed everything.

Adding salvation and invul to an already strong class is a 'redo'? A redo would have been changing his current skills and play style. They simply straight up buffed the class by adding 2 very powerful skills.
With those buffs they made backup healers even more useless in mass PvP. At this point their only role is to recharge the Bishop.

enw wrote:
Pala's "steroid" skills are no different in IL. You've got auto-res at 79 yes, but that's not game breaking. Any tank will do just as well in a party. Your role is to aggro/crowd control, not heal or pretend to be a DD.

Except SotP
AI gives you a ton of PDef, MDef and the underappreciated movement speed for aggroing and retreating safely while ToL negates some of the healing penalty you receive from AI. This makes the class better at tanking in mass PvP compared to other tanks, just because he can survive and retreat safely.
When he CAN'T retreat safely, SotP gives him a free res through which AI persists. SotP is a buff to AI and ToL as well, they work well together.

On top of that, it's not all about mass PvP. In Korean style events SotP is broken because you're virtually adding another character to the roster, and I remind you that AI goes through it in case the Pala somehow dies fast. In 1v1 it's completely broken as well.

As if that wasn't enough, Pala is also easier to work with in PvP because of AI. There's practically 0 reason to roll a different tank than it in IL.

enw wrote:
Daggers were more than ok, what are you talking about? As if backstab and lethal blow wasn't enough, they added the half kill effect on deadly and blinding blow in C5. Did you really expect them to boost them further by increasing skill power on top of that?

Yeah, with a chance of landing between once in a blue moon and the moment I'll turn gay (I'm quite straight). Amazing buff.
And even so, I think it's a cheesy mechanic that has no place in this game.
The problem with daggers is that they fall off hard in the end game. They're good once everyone is in A and S and is lvl 78 but they get pretty rekt the moment enchanted equipment starts being common.

If you'd remove the enchants from the game or limit them to +3/4, they're not so bad. But in a world where everyone is targetting +6 or more, daggers fall behind because their weapon enchants don't help them deal more skill damage.

enw wrote:
Ok, with that fear example I think you're just listing shit you don't like. Augmets I'll grant you but some changes were actually good and this is one of them. All nukers have it in IL, not just necromancers. After their major (and well deserved) nerf in C5 they needed something to counter daggers and other close combat DDs in a pinch.

So the solution is to have a 20% base (note: base) chance of auto winning a fight? 40% if you're a necro because you have an anchor too? Oh wait, 60% because Curse of Doom.
Bonus: 100% base if you're against a mage, because any of those will fuck him up. And the debuff resistance buffs are not very common.

Fear was unnecessary because every mage has some form of slow. Slow promotes smart kiting play while also gives the opponent a chance to retaliate with ranged skills. Anchor and Fear promote dumb play where you just proceed to F1 your opponent.

enw wrote:
Quote:
One of the worst chronicles in this game's history, but not nearly as bad as GoD+.

That's a matter of opinion friend and I believe the vast majority of the remaining l2 community would disagree with you. I think you, like most people, have fond memories from C5 private servers (like celes) and that is why you hold it in such high regard even though its not that different from IL. I think that's why you never mentioned things that were totally broken in C5 like self-recharge for example (infinite mana pool if you enchant the skill for cost). Anyway, this is getting off topic so I'll stop here. We clearly don't agree but one thing is for sure, people love IL so...

I actually have few fond memories as it was such a long time ago that I barely even remember it. I remember at release I saw a video of a Gladi mopping the floor with a few people in a Korean style and was like 'damn, they finally gave that class a chance'.

And I never said it was perfect, I agree with your recharge remark - that thing really had to be put down and it's good that they did. But Interlude broke more things than it fixed by far.

People don't remember C5 because it was a very short lived chronicle and there were very few private servers running it. By the time we had decent C5 files, Interlude was already out and files were done pretty fast. C5 had a very short life especially in the private server scene.

Interlude also remained popular because we have good Interlude files for private servers. It's a rarity to find good C5 server files, even the L2j ones didn't seem to work very well. On top of that, finding the right clients can be tricky.

I think people just got used to Interlude, that's all. And in the end I got used to it as well since I still play it. But that doesn't mean I like it, it only means I like it more than GoD+.

_________________
http://x-icarus.deviantart.com


Reply with quote
Top
 OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: A perfect L2 project idea. Would like to see such in fut
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 5:15 pm 
Vassal

Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:24 am
Posts: 45
Glads, unlike daggers, can't one shot. Also their skill crit is fixed at x2 damage like all other fighters, unlike daggers who not only have that double damage but buffs and epics directly influence their crit. To give cele to a class that can land a lethal strike with a 5% probability (that's the base land rate if I remember correctly) and a way higher half kill rate is stupid. There's a reason why it's always daggers who go after cursed swords.
Mate, you seem to think that all classes should be equally useful in mass pvp but they're not. No one goes to sieges with glads or tyrants (unless they have hero status of course) Cele or +CON dyes won't save them from dying all the time.


No it's not. You want an OL with you just for the buffs alone anyway. FOI just made them that much more useful.
What I mean by "redo" is that you get a free to try again card. Backup healers are still very much needed. Of course their primary role is to recharge lol, they are not dedicated healers like bishops are.


How often do you see one on one pvps with tanks in Interlude (or C5) mate? 9 out of 10 they will get destroyed by a mage. Pala no matter how strong is still just a tank.

Again with the daggers rant. Like I explained above the lethal rate is pretty decent. Also the fact that you don't need an oe weapon to deal the max amount of damage is a pro not con.


I was only talking about fear, not anchor or doom. Necromancers were op nukers in C5 too, nothing changed in that regard. Maybe it's unnecessary for necros who have lots of tools at their disposal to deal with various situations but not for the rest of them.

Well why didn't people got used to other chronicles the same way they got used to IL then? I mean it's not like owners haven't tried to open Gracia or H5 servers before. The response just wasn't the same. Whatever your opinion may be, people seem to like Interlude a lot more. Is just that simple really.

Lets just agree to disagree because we're turning this thread to C5 vs IL topic.


Reply with quote
Top
 OfflineProfile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 2 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


Advertisement