Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Lineage.ro Insolence 4x Classic Server
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:18 pm 
Marquis

Herlitz wrote:
Icarus wrote:
Right, I know what your silence means :D.
Perhaps this time you'll listen when people tell you a mid-rate server would be successful. People didn't know how hard classic is, especially pre-2.0. Interlude 4x is easy mode compared to classic 4x pre-2.0.

Did you see how many people lineage2classic.ws had? Had the admin not been a total retard, abandon the project and lie about the population it would have still been alive.

They could still pull it off with the midrate though - it would be extremelly painful, but just transfer the chars (or rather just change the settings of a current server) alongside with some heavy compensation for the time people spent on it and finally make the good Classic midrate. If the files are legit 2.0 OFF then it could work. Obviously a lot of people would be upset and quit but a) if the population is getting scarce it's either a radical cut or eventual death and b) the compensation bonuses can work wonders - I consider myself somewhat rational person, but even I got baited into giving the official Grand Crusade a second chance when they told me they're giving a 'returning hero' bonuses... I mean I left soon afterwards anyway because new chronicle offi server is a P2W trash but my point still holds :mrgreen:

The midrate Classic servers are popping off already but so far they're mostly no-namers with java files... I don't really follow the Dex' population but generally speaking I don't believe the lowrate classic can make it in a longrun unless classic.club closes - people who can pay subscription play on offi and people who can't play on classic.club, easy as that. But who am I kidding, all this was clear before they started the lowrate and it's clear now - they just don't have the balls to try something different :roll:

i think you are afraid that you will remain alone on club :)
j/k
Dex is known for low rate servers . we do what we know . after many years we have the opportunity to do what we did at start . upgrade servers from chronicle to chronicle . We are happy to see alot of old players back in the game .
first was c1-c2 etc
now its 1.5 -2.0 - 2.5 etc
A small hint about how many see topic about upgrade to 2.0 just in few hours after post : (scroll right)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:24 pm 
Duke

Didn't the upgrade already happen last night? I may have misread admittedly.

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:44 pm 
Marquis

Icarus wrote:
Didn't the upgrade already happen last night? I may have misread admittedly.

Today morning

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:46 am 
Duke

tutanka wrote:
Herlitz wrote:
Icarus wrote:
Perhaps this time you'll listen when people tell you a mid-rate server would be successful. People didn't know how hard classic is, especially pre-2.0. Interlude 4x is easy mode compared to classic 4x pre-2.0.

Did you see how many people lineage2classic.ws had? Had the admin not been a total retard, abandon the project and lie about the population it would have still been alive.

They could still pull it off with the midrate though - it would be extremelly painful, but just transfer the chars (or rather just change the settings of a current server) alongside with some heavy compensation for the time people spent on it and finally make the good Classic midrate. If the files are legit 2.0 OFF then it could work. Obviously a lot of people would be upset and quit but a) if the population is getting scarce it's either a radical cut or eventual death and b) the compensation bonuses can work wonders - I consider myself somewhat rational person, but even I got baited into giving the official Grand Crusade a second chance when they told me they're giving a 'returning hero' bonuses... I mean I left soon afterwards anyway because new chronicle offi server is a P2W trash but my point still holds :mrgreen:

The midrate Classic servers are popping off already but so far they're mostly no-namers with java files... I don't really follow the Dex' population but generally speaking I don't believe the lowrate classic can make it in a longrun unless classic.club closes - people who can pay subscription play on offi and people who can't play on classic.club, easy as that. But who am I kidding, all this was clear before they started the lowrate and it's clear now - they just don't have the balls to try something different :roll:

j/k
Dex is known for low rate servers . we do what we know . after many years we have the opportunity to do what we did at start . upgrade servers from chronicle to chronicle . We are happy to see alot of old players back in the game .
first was c1-c2 etc
A small hint about how many see topic about upgrade to 2.0 just in few hours after post : (scroll right)

Fair enough, I guess it's reasonable to expect some influx of players with the update - but if the online doesn't reach the expected numbers then my point will still hold. There's no point in having basically two identical servers taking bites of each other when one of them can target other group of players - and Dex could be in position to actually make it work, being basically a new server on classic's terminology :wink:

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:55 am 
Marquis

We dont make a custom server, cistom zones , so dunno where you see identical things, maybe rates.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:50 am 
Duke

tutanka wrote:
Herlitz wrote:
Icarus wrote:

j/k
first was c1-c2 etc

I don't know why you're giving the views in that thread as an argument of population as it doesn't mean anything. Your server has around 200 people online as I'm writing this according to your own website.. Don't start the bullshit again.

Dex is known for lowrates indeed, but it also had very successful PvP servers, like Nanna. That server was mighty fun. Nonetheless, considering how difficult low-rate Classic is compared to normal Lineage 2, I don't feel like a 15-20x server would be out of place at all. If you don't implement an NPC buffer it's still going to be hard on 1.5 (easier on 2.0, but still hard once you run out of XP scrolls).

Herlitz wrote:
Icarus wrote:

Dex's population right now in the morning is around 200 people. I think I saw 600 last evening, I don't remember. That's low compared to the constant 1.5k they were getting a month ago. That server is one mass leave short of dying.

I agree with the classic.club argument. As long as that server lives, there's little room left for competition and Dex is pure proof of that. The Classic chronicle is so hard and needs so much time invested that people prefer staying in one place (if it's a low rate).
I played retail C5 and Interlude back in the day and I also played Skelth (Classic retail) a few months back. Skelth is waaaaay harder than what C5 and Interlude were in the old days. Classic as a whole is HARD. On l2classic.ws past level 45 it was fucking slow to solo, even with full buffs and 15x rates. I don't think the Dex guys understand how hard Classic is.
Not to mention that most people who want a Classic low rate are gonna play the real thing, Skelth. The L2 community has grown up, we actually have jobs and can afford a measly 10EUR/month subscription if we really want to. Dex on the other hand, doesn't seem to have evolved with the community's needs.

L2Dex thought their name alone would attract many players. Which it did for a time, but in the end it became clear that their server offered absolutely nothing new.
It's a shame they're so blind to the gap in Classic midrate servers. They're actually capable people and could easily make a server to replace l2classic.ws with an actually long life.

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:11 pm 
Marquis

I guess you never entered the server :) but keep visiting site . It is funny sometimes that ppl that never make a server for players are sure that their idea is the best one .
Ps : nanna server lasted 2 months . Hope this is not the idea of a succesfully server.
Ps2: we have more players than club . That is a dead project long ago
Ps3: we are in the middle of upgrade, ppl downloading clients, antibot got updates etc

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:07 pm 
Duke

tutanka wrote:
Ps : nanna server lasted 2 months . Hope this is not the idea of a succesfully server.

Are you seriously comparing Interlude to Classic in terms of life? LOL! :mrgreen: On Interlude people start reaching endgame after 2 months even on low rates, they get to level 79/80, craft DC, AM and there's basically nothing else to do there. Meanwhile the classic.club is 3x, it's been online for 2 and half years and there're only 3(!) people who are level 79, which isn't even max level.

The reason why the first relevant midrate classic is going to be an absolute fire is because there's absolutely insane ammount of stuff you can do compared to older chronicles. People love this chronicle, but there's a certain group of players who just can't afford to spend 5 hours a day to get 2% XP. People want the fun of the classic chronicle without no-lifering, it's not that hard to understand... But your choice, maybe we're all wrong and you're the only one who's right :?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:06 pm 
Marquis

Herlitz wrote:
tutanka wrote:

Are you seriously comparing Interlude to Classic in terms of life? LOL! :mrgreen: On Interlude people start reaching endgame after 2 months even on low rates, they get to level 79/80, craft DC, AM and there's basically nothing else to do there. Meanwhile the classic.club is 3x, it's been online for 2 and half years and there're only 3(!) people who are level 79, which isn't even max level.

The reason why the first relevant midrate classic is going to be an absolute fire is because there's absolutely insane ammount of stuff you can do compared to older chronicles. People love this chronicle, but there's a certain group of players who just can't afford to spend 5 hours a day to get 2% XP. People want the fun of the classic chronicle without no-lifering, it's not that hard to understand... But your choice, maybe we're all wrong and you're the only one who's right :?

im always right :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:48 am 
Duke

tutanka wrote:
I guess you never entered the server :) but keep visiting site . It is funny sometimes that ppl that never make a server for players are sure that their idea is the best one .

I actually tried your server despite the fact that I realized what a bunch of douchebags you guys are. I gave up around level 30 with my spoiler+se because I don't have time.
Also, since you suggested I should personally check the population ingame you indirectly admitted that your website's population counter is bullshit. Good to know.

I don't need to have created a server to state the obvious: there's been a gap in the midrate classic servers for a while now, and everybody but you seems to know that. The reason such servers don't exist is because few have L2Off Classic files and nobody wants Java files.

But we already know you'd rather like your ass off than admit that you're wrong.
Speaking of which, you're not 'always right'. You simply deny ever being wrong, which just makes you look silly instead.

tutanka wrote:
Ps2: we have more players than club . That is a dead project long ago
Ps3: we are in the middle of upgrade, ppl downloading clients, antibot got updates etc

Nanna lasted more than 95% of PvP servers which don't employ bullshittery like imbalanced vote rewards to stay relevant. Yes, that was a successful PvP project; you just don't have a clue how long high-rate servers last in general.
Knowing you, you probably don't have more players than club, you're likely just being a silly little shit again. If you have proof that I'm wrong let's see it.

Oh, one more thing since you commented on the fact that I've never created a Lineage 2 server.
I'm not sure you realize how much money can be made by coding, especially in a low-income country such as our dear Romania. Instead of wasting my time on a server which has high chances of not being profitable, I'd rather direct my coding skills towards working for my clients.
It's better money than bullshitting people on forums about Lineage 2 servers like you do, that's fo sho.

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:20 am 
Duke

Icarus wrote:
Speaking of which, you're not 'always right'. You simply deny ever being wrong, which just makes you look silly instead.

Basically what Ica said there... I'm afraid you're either too proud to admit that people were giving you a good advice to step on the gas pedal with the Classic midrate from the start, or you're too afraid that you just couldn't pull it off now.

Sad thing is that the one who actually pays for this are your players. Nobody can tell you what to do, but maybe because we've spent more time as players (rather than you as admin) we can offer you a different point of view. If the population is good (good should be at least ~1000+ at non-siege hours), then fine, do what you do. But if the online is dropping at under 500, then please, for the sake of players who played on your server, play on your server and people who are impatiently waiting for a good classic midrate - just consider asking your players on forum what they want. Tell them that the if the online numbers are not good enough, you'd turn the server into a midrate with some modifications, that they'll keep their chars and that they'll be compensated based for what level they achieved. I'm fairly sure they'll understand and you can actually make Dex a server to be recognized again.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:34 am 
Duke

Herlitz wrote:
Icarus wrote:

Basically what Ica said there... I'm afraid you're either too proud to admit that people were giving you a good advice to step on the gas pedal with the Classic midrate from the start, or you're too afraid that you just couldn't pull it off now.

Sad thing is that the one who actually pays for this are your players. Nobody can tell you what to do, but maybe because we've spent more time as players (rather than you as admin) we can offer you a different point of view. If the population is good (good should be at least ~1000+ at non-siege hours), then fine, do what you do. But if the online is dropping at under 500, then please, for the sake of players who played on your server, play on your server and people who are impatiently waiting for a good classic midrate - just consider asking your players on forum what they want. Tell them that the if the online numbers are not good enough, you'd turn the server into a midrate with some modifications, that they'll keep their chars and that they'll be compensated based for what level they achieved. I'm fairly sure they'll understand and you can actually make Dex a server to be recognized again.

Don't worry, he won't listen. We've told him this before, he just doesn't have a clue about this chronicle. He still thinks this is Interlude.
The next time the server experiences a drop in population he's just gonna shrug it off and pretend it didn't happen. Then he's gonna say they have a bigger population than Skelth or something.

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:13 am 
Marquis

Keep your personal vendeta out of dex topic please. This topic is about dex current server not a future wanabe project.

Thanks

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:04 pm 
Duke

I didn't expect you to listen, but you've got some nerve telling us what we're allowed to post. I think it's time to play a different card.
Keep your lies out of this topic or I'll lock it. Capische captain bullshit? I think I speak for the entirety of this small community when I say that we don't like supporting servers with people like you maintaining them. This community may not be big but it has decent value when it comes to showing up in google search. Keep that in mind.

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:27 pm 
Marquis

Icarus wrote:
I didn't expect you to listen, but you've got some nerve telling us what we're allowed to post. I think it's time to play a different card.
Keep your lies out of this topic or I'll lock it. Capische captain bullshit? I think I speak for the entirety of this small community when I say that we don't like supporting servers with people like you maintaining them. This community may not be big but it has decent value when it comes to showing up in google search. Keep that in mind.

ro : ai putea avea un limbaj civilizat . mai ales ca esti moderator . Dex si acest forum exista cam din acelasi timp , este singurul motiv pentru care postam aici . Multumesc . Legat de amenintari , nu cred ca are rost sa discutam asa ceva . Cel mult poate face to face la cluj

OfflineProfile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next