Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Searching for a NO-box server
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:32 pm 
Baron

Post any info about no-box servers and your requests here. No-box server means 1 character per 1 person at one time.

PS Sticky would be nice ;)

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Searching for a NO-box server
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:24 pm 
Heir

Let me know if you find any dedicated team to open a server and be there 24/7 to enforce the 1client policy.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:24 pm 
Vagabond

Yes if that Server does exist i would like to know it aswell, however if it doesn't then i'm not afraid to create such a Opportunity or help out in any sort of way. Max, you know what i'm talking about.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:35 pm 
Baron

Yes, I do, but others probably don't know what you're offering so please let them know in this topic.

Additionally, there is also an L2 off server dev that is willing to put 100% effort into a no-box server (developing, paying for files, paying for server forever). That guy only needs community managers and similar staff to do the "visible" work while he remains in the background developing/fixing stuff.

I hope there are some other people lurking about who will join you or the other guy ( or both of you :D ) and create a wonderful no-box server that will be more succesful than the other we had the pleasure to play.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:14 pm 
Vagabond

Well i gladly say it here again so we can get this started. I have been a GM ever since the first L2J files were released, i still remember things that aren't even part of the Game anymore. I would absolutely invest all the time i have into being Ingame and taking care of things on that end. Have done so in the past and gladly do it again. Always disliked box in this Game, and always will.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:39 pm 
Elder

Our upcoming HB server will not be 0 box but most likely be 1 allowed, if that might work for you.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:05 pm 
Baron

Such server doesn't fit this topic (because you have dualbox), so technically it doesn't "work" for us. This topic is specifically for people offering/looking for a no-box server.

However, if it's going to be the good old L2 Citadel, it will be great. I've been waiting for re-opening for so long. Not suitable for this topic tho :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:34 pm 
Heir

The easy part is writing "1 box only allowed" in server rules. Countless servers have done this in the past. The hard part is making sure everyone follows this rule. Do you have the staff and dedication to patrol the server? This goes to every server that attempts to restrict the clients. Be it 1 client or 2 per player, you need to work hard to limit the rule breakers.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:09 pm 
Elder

mafioso wrote:
The easy part is writing "1 box only allowed" in server rules. Countless servers have done this in the past. The hard part is making sure everyone follows this rule. Do you have the staff and dedication to patrol the server? This goes to every server that attempts to restrict the clients. Be it 1 client or 2 per player, you need to work hard to limit the rule breakers.

We did it quite successfully on our previous servers and will do it again ;)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:24 pm 
Heir

The usual scenario in such server is...

Many people start using boxes carefully in a not too obvious way. It's very hard to 100% prove they use them, so you watch 1 of them for hours to be somewhat sure, but you never can be 100% sure if they do it smart. The whole community get pissed off witnessing that and start whining in forum for more bans. And when you ban some of the "important" players, because tryhards will all use boxes, even more drama occur and many people leave and then the others leave because no competition or some other excuse.

People will whine: wtf... that guy used box - go ban him or my whole CP leave!
And he will be like: No! that was my clanmate that only logged in town to buff me, it's not a box, he just sit there for me. Give a proof this is my box!
And while you deal with that guy watching him to make a mistake - 100 more people will use boxes too, pissing off others.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:14 pm 
Heir

Right! it's so easy to log as many windows as you like, pick an early/late time of the day when most are sleeping or working, pick a non frequent spot and start the grinding. Even if you prove that someone has more clients than allowed he will say it's his flatmate, gf, granny, dog, goldfish on the other end. Then you will ban someone and his clan will go like "CORRUPTED SERVER AND ADMINS". Same old story. Also most staff members are thrilled at launch. Players join in, cash from donations flows. Updates, maintenance fixes, hype and after a month it's all gone.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:35 pm 
Baron

I havent seen any no-box server with donations to begin with. Secondly, people can say it was X or Y, but fact is, that admins can prove it, and even if they cant, they can ban whoever they friggin want without any reason whatsoever, so this "goldfish" defence just wont work.

Lastly, Id like you guys to show me a country in the world which has 0 crime. There are so many things prohibited by the law and yet there is always someone who breaks the law. Mostly such people get punished, sometimes they dont. Thats just something we have to deal with, even in video games. You cant expect 100% players following the rules, no matter if its "english in mainchat" or "no dualbox allowed". Important thing is to make everything in the staff's power to tackle the problem and punish as many rule breakers as possible.

Sadly, on the last no-box server I played, there was only one admin so while he was sleeping, people could dualbox all they wanted. This is of course unacceptable and staff must be checking for dualboxes 24/7 (and by staff I mean more than one person of course). However, you cannot expect everyone to be caught even with an army of staff members.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:57 pm 
Elder

You can get the majority with automation and blocks which greatly reduces the load on staff to check for those that still manage to box.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:15 pm 
Vassal

www.l2max.cz is C4 server only with 1 box :-)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:03 pm 
Heir

OK the staff patrols the server? Or you find multi boxers everywhere?

OfflineProfile