Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: L2Citadel Would You Go Another Round
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:35 am 
Elder

http://l2citadel.com/forums/topic/3772- ... lay-again/

As in the thread most likely Interlude and only if there is decent interest. Don't expect a ton of people just enough to make it fun.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: L2Citadel Would You Go Another Round
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:28 am 
Viscount

dont waste time with c6 ... no one wants grind in c6 low rates. its really dead chronicle. only way to get ppl try hellbound or better gracia final x5 rate server, not ppl are into this, also rpg club starting soon, suggestion to make server close to christmas

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:27 am 
Heir

Depends...

IF
You keep the server open, stable and continuously supported
You maintain balanced donations
You are active most of the days of the week on forum/social media AND ingame
You develop new events with balanced rewards
You fight bots, scripts, unfair gameplay BUT do not interfere in server politics
You allow clan halls to be owned by active clan only and fix all the outside-the-towns clan halls to be fully functional
You value support classes and do not replace them with NPC buffers or a high multiboxing policy
You have the essential funds, time, will and human resources for a long term project
You do not favor any players in anyway and generally treat all players equally

Then YES open this server and you ll attract many players and clans. If NOT, then better use your money, effort and time for something else...

edit: I created 2 accounts on your forum, 1 hotmail, 1 gmail. Non returned a validation email to my inbox. Yes I checked all folders incl spam etc.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:38 am 
Vassal

I would go... for sure.
But if you want to lure a decent amount of people, better make it Hellbound like it was, with something like 7-10x rates. Retail gameplay and no big donations.
There are plenty of IL servers out there, and the chronicle is kinda limited. Hellbound offers way more without being star wars sh1t like H5.

Whatever you decide, good luck! I will stay tuned.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:58 pm 
Elder

mafioso wrote:
Depends...

IF
You keep the server open, stable and continuously supported
You maintain balanced donations
You are active most of the days of the week on forum/social media AND ingame
You develop new events with balanced rewards
You fight bots, scripts, unfair gameplay BUT do not interfere in server politics
You allow clan halls to be owned by active clan only and fix all the outside-the-towns clan halls to be fully functional
You value support classes and do not replace them with NPC buffers or a high multiboxing policy
You have the essential funds, time, will and human resources for a long term project
You do not favor any players in anyway and generally treat all players equally

Then YES open this server and you ll attract many players and clans. If NOT, then better use your money, effort and time for something else...

edit: I created 2 accounts on your forum, 1 hotmail, 1 gmail. Non returned a validation email to my inbox. Yes I checked all folders incl spam etc.

I think we have covered all these and proven them with our previous previous servers :) I will manually approve your forum account in a bit, I am in the process of changing our mail service provider.

Quote:
I would go... for sure.
But if you want to lure a decent amount of people, better make it Hellbound like it was, with something like 7-10x rates. Retail gameplay and no big donations.
There are plenty of IL servers out there, and the chronicle is kinda limited. Hellbound offers way more without being star wars sh1t like H5.

Whatever you decide, good luck! I will stay tuned.

I am not sure we would do HB again, Epilogue might be an option though. Would you consider that Star Wars?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:10 pm 
Vassal

Well, I don't really remember when everything was added, but I think in Epilogue already there are common items until A grade, cloaks, all kind of vorpal, vesper, elegia, etc..items.

Anyway, my opinion is not important :wink:
If there are people who would like to play this chronicle, and probably many of them would, just go for it. Whatever floats your boat.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:43 pm 
Heir

This "Go Another Round" sound like: "come at the start, play 2-3 months until server hoppers emoquit with drama, than leave please so we can do another round". This is not so bad for a mid rate, but a low rate where you spend so much effort building your characters and items its just frustrating.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:13 pm 
Elder

botsman wrote:
This "Go Another Round" sound like: "come at the start, play 2-3 months until server hoppers emoquit with drama, than leave please so we can do another round". This is not so bad for a mid rate, but a low rate where you spend so much effort building your characters and items its just frustrating.

Not much we can do about drama and hoppers except give the best server / experience we can and hope they change there pattern for a bit. Our previous servers were up until there was nobody left to play and even well past.

If people will stay the server will stay, it does suck to see a server start well and then slowly die and we do try to prevent that as much as we can.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:08 pm 
Heir

Citadel wrote:
If people will stay the server will stay, it does suck to see a server start well and then slowly die and we do try to prevent that as much as we can.

That excuse sound legit at first. But did you done something to bring new players? Why I never see owners promoting their servers a few months after they opened. Like posting in forums: videos, events, showing they have active players and that they are not a scam project. I have the feeling that there is something about the fact that people open their pockets mostly in the early rush for those items that give some minor advantage.

Sorry, not going to spam the thread just expressed my opinion.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:12 pm 
Heir

no botsman has a point. It's important to maintain your presence in social media related to l2 at all times. Be it a few screenshots from events, sieges, pvp for rbs or epics, an update or an event announcement. You don't have to pay for ads every month, there are other ways to be in the spotlight.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:26 pm 
Vassal

Promoting and advertising need cash and time.
This is not the new iphone, that when they release it everybody wants to buy it :D
This is an old game with decreasing population, nevertheless, the best game ever!
It is good that there are still people who make servers, so we can enjoy playing this fantastic game.

But yea, with some efforts and minor advertising, and ear to ear marketing, some decent population could be gathered.

p.s I vote for interlude rather than epilogue. (and I am disappointed that won't be hellbound)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:31 pm 
Vagabond

There's plenty of interlude/gracia final servers out there, how do you plan on competing with all of those? It's just another one with the same stuff. Your hellbound server was rather unique, there weren't many out there and certainly not as popular. It's a niche you guys can easily hit and it has enough content to survive longer than a few months like interlude yet isn't as advanced as epilogue so people won't complain about star wars. Please don't go the interlude/gracia route like literally every other server out there, we have enough of those! :cry:

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:43 am 
Heir

What was the problem with HB chronicle again? I tought server died due to a older,bigger servers opening a month later after yours.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:17 pm 
Heir

My guess is the files. There are no OFF HB files and developing them must be hard and time-consuming.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:43 pm 
Elder

That was the main reason yes. The Hellbound files we took Gracia and rolled back which took 1000's of hours in testing and development. The files are good, great actually. But there are still some bugs to be taken care of and they require some fairly extensive extender changes.

We do not have the time to invest in that, maybe down the road at some point. We have the time to setup, run, and even modify a server running on well proven files that are relatively bug free, just not enough to invest again in the HB files.

OfflineProfile