Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: [L2OFF - Gracia Final] L2Klasika x5
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:22 am 
Baron

RheaCoos wrote:
Well, server is up and running. A handful players. Ain't got out of D-grade yet, but no showstoppers so far. Wolf quest in 50 bangs, as expected.

Autopickup available, but it has to be activated on website. Awkvard. Was meant as donation stuff, but is made free for all.

No buffer, gatekeeper and classchange NPC, not for free at least. All skills must be learned.

Admin or some of the players should give some feedback here, or it will slowly drown and die on this forum.

For Real? :) you still play, waw! Haven't been on this forum or in l2 for about 2 years, coz i switched game to something more popular League of Legends, and since next season starts somewere in november, i decided to take a brake with L2, glad to see you are still arround.

I am streaming sometimes(https://www.twitch.tv/makebronzegreatagain), made some zillion boxes, if you need help *altho i think Craftie is your char? feel free to shout, since it's global. I'm not awsome rich, need few more days for that, but... getting there, slowly.

Anyway :D waw, you still play.

----
About server
----

Files are nice, server is running without lag - but tbh, so few people it would be sad if it had any lag, admin seems nice, I would say to nice for this kind of server... I didn't ask for it, all I wanted was a a clan leader change, and I got a clan level 5, it's awsome but... I'm affraid people (those few who are arround), will now say.. I am friend with gm, or stuff like that, and that is not cool for the server reputation.

Also think those free buffs are to much - again for this type of server - it's not meant to level up like crazy, witch it will happen with those who play 1-2 box and just farm farm, but whatever, since not so many people it's ok, i guess., autopickup free is fine.

I like that there is no box limit, think if it were I wouldn't have "came back from the cage", to try a server.

I seriosly hope - even if npc says nobless - But I seriosly hope Nobless is not up for donation, I can live with donation buffs, but Nobless is an entire differnet category, and because of that weird npc I have a feeling, not sure, but a feeling that admin dosen't really comprehend the nature of a 5x gracia final server, because of donation npc and another thing that I found weird, was akamanah/zariche activated, this must be the worst thing on a new server - of this type - , When I looked 1st time, at server statistics on website, and seen a 74 level player.... I was kind of "shocked", since it had to be either a mistake either a bot, either some gm friend, it was simply not possible in that ammount of time on a lonely server to reach that level, but then I've seen akamanah and it all made "sense".

So, If I may suggest, to remove akamanah/zariche for at least 1 month, untill the server gets some stability.

I would have some other suggestions, but I'm to tierd right now, and want to spoil some ssb/bssb recipe before i go to sleep. Only wrote coz I was on pmfun to check for spoil on those, and seen you (Rhea)writing in this thread.

But overall - server is nice.(so far)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:41 pm 
Viscount

AdrianG wrote:
For Real? :) you still play, waw!

It's me, alright. But it wouldn't be fair to say I still play. I'm in for the scenery, and the music!

Have taken a peek at most retail-like HB/GF/EPI servers recent years, just out of cuoriosity. Few have lasted. Slowly loses players. No long-term commitment. To many generals, and to few soldiers.

My project is to prepare prepare the ground for newbies. That's why I'm most often the first to make an offline D-shot crafter. Craftie is my girl, and was first in place this time too! With my limited time online, I'll use the next weeks on my main spoiler and Craftie. If server populates, I'll lift them into B at least. I've started a pally, and will start an EE as support. Rhea is my fun-char! She is always a SH, doesn't show up untill server has had some months online.

Time will show! Nice hearing from you, have made many global shouts trough the years without answer! Don't spend much time online, but take a check daily, just to see if the admin has rebooted. He don't have any script to restore shops yet.

Looks like server is coming to life, the first days it was almost empty.

:D

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:25 am 
Baron

I'm writing here since I have no desire to make a forum account on server atm, and it will bump the thread aswell.

Wish I could have been arround before he went live with the server, but what's done is done. Regarding server files and stabiliy, all is good, files are fine, server runs smothly, no serious bugs found, so not bad.

However... for the life of me, I don't understand some administrative decisions, there weren't so many people on beta test as I've seen, and admin should have expected a low population at start, so why would he allow demonic swords I have no clue, it just virtually boosts the server progress & inflating an unexisting economy - wich sounds absurd, to inflate something that dosen't exist - .

I haven't played this game in 2 years, my reasons for playing it are different from the most, I would play eitherway, but if I was the pasionate l2 player I was 2-10 years ago, I wouldn't have touched this server, as I wouldn't have found it fair to join low rate server, were I expect a different kind of gameplay as in experience&progress, to find what someone can find here, demonic swords running arround farming in places were you need items and party, surely nothing that could happen on a low community server in 2-3 weeks. And this community is really, really low, maybe 20 active people at most, and to have few with so high advantage is just sick for someone who would consider playing on this server in a competitive way.
And free buffs.... who's ideea was that, again, i don't know, you don't make a 5x retail server, to give free buffs, not even in donations. 2nd class was fine for donation, exclusive accesories was also ok, maybe clan level 3 was ok also for donation, but free buffs on a 5x server is... just no.

This kind of server, it should be made looking on long perspective, at least 1 year, and not to worry about rushers, beacause I think it's the only reason admin made those buffs free, beacause 2-3 people out of 15-20 complained, but that's not the way an admin should look at it, he should have the long term in mind, what happens in 2 month, or 4 month from now.

And what will happen if nothing is going to be done, is that the server will be completly shutdown, because of virtual boosting and inflating it.

I do have a solution, or suggestion, now it would be pointless to remove buffs and blood swords, and unffair for possible new players, but what can be done to at least manage the damage, is to suspend castle sieges and oly`s untill the server reaches at least 200 people, otherwise.... heroes running arround in an empty server with castle and uncontested manor, might aswell hand over the server as there will be no party crazy enough to come on server, start a clan, waste 2-3 weeks to get raped by people with s grade gears or hero wepons and ++ skills from manor, so it will just die.

As for me :) as I said, my reasons for playing are nostalgia, don't really care for the obvious curent instability of server, I'll still play, but in case admin wants to make something out of it... do that thing with 200 or so population.

At least this is what I think :D

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:44 pm 
Viscount

Beginning to get a bad feeling about this server. Everytime I log in, my offline crafter and shop are down. Admin must take steps to back up and restore shops when he take server down. Nothing is more turn-off for new players than an empty squere in Giran.

And just now the server went down, at around 21:00 GMT on friday evening?? If this is done deliberately, the admin has some broken antennas regarding peak player time.

OfflineProfile