Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Is there still some english servers?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:04 am 
Heir

My dream is an interlude x1 no customs, no shadows or adventurer weapons, no npc buffers. Experienced staff, developers, good advertisement, classic UI and good hardware. Problem is can the staff be trusted and can they guarantee the server for 2years+ ? Well it's just a dream :lol:

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:02 am 
Baron

you cant have "no custom" and then not have shadow weapons...

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:19 am 
Heir

You can't have L2 server without a pile of retards grinding everything with bots and trashtalking the whole server. It's either this or low population, too low for L2 to be played. And this makes the mass of good ol' players simply turn away.
The age of L2 being massively roleplayed is gone and won't come back. Wishing for discovering it on some new server is like wishing for Russians to loose their prejudice against English language and start using it, because they know it (taught in schools, just like in few dozens of other countries, which they deny to accept).

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:16 pm 
Baron

'Retards' and bot users were part of l2 since the the very beginning. The game is old, it has nothing new or exciting to offer. That's why the population declined. It's that simple

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:14 pm 
Baron

lamprey wrote:
'Retards' and bot users were part of l2 since the the very beginning. The game is old, it has nothing new or exciting to offer. That's why the population declined. It's that simple
Yup. Its an interesting phenomenon. I mean, every time a game gets old, english speaking community drops to 0 and Russians/brazilians take over. Its not just L2, its other games as well. And even though I dont like cyrilic and bad ping all over the place, its still good they keep old games alive and even making new lan-play tools etc.

PS the most crazy Russian server I have seen was a GTA San Andreas role play server with about 1000 players. Like, how crazy is it to have 1000 Russians in a game that normally doesnt even have multiplayer? Hell, at this very moment 973 players play on that server, another 971 on the next and about 962 on the third. Other Russian servers have "only" 700 players or less. But then again, the server list is flooded with Russian servers nowadays, so the total is much bigger ofc.

Feel free to share other crazy shit :D

EDIT: waited a bit longer and saw 2 more 1000ish Russian servers there lol (the biggest literally having 1000/1000 capacity).

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:21 pm 
Viscount

You won't find such a server nowadays. :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:14 pm 
Elder

Your sense of server population is often misrepresented if you take the word of the administration. Every server pack, no matter how good or bad, comes with a fake player engine and fake counter that can be exploited. They just multiply the number of online by a value such as x4 or x5 and display this erroneous figure. ANd have players running around in town using the fake player scripts, especially bad files/admins just have them standing around because they're too lazy to code them a legitimate pathway that looks real. Usually they do this when they take photos of Giran or Aden. If you've ever noticed weird players just standing around Giran looking like they're AFK, yep, well there's your fake engine.

What you say is 1000, may only be 100 real active people.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:08 pm 
Baron

PlayINERA wrote:
Your sense of server population is often misrepresented if you take the word of the administration. Every server pack, no matter how good or bad, comes with a fake player engine and fake counter that can be exploited. They just multiply the number of online by a value such as x4 or x5 and display this erroneous figure. ANd have players running around in town using the fake player scripts, especially bad files/admins just have them standing around because they're too lazy to code them a legitimate pathway that looks real. Usually they do this when they take photos of Giran or Aden. If you've ever noticed weird players just standing around Giran looking like they're AFK, yep, well there's your fake engine.

What you say is 1000, may only be 100 real active people.
Was it reaction to my post or not? Because the 1000 people servers I quoted are not L2 servers but GTA SA servers.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:46 pm 
Elder

Ah I misread the post quickly glanced through the context missed the GTA part.

Yes it was originally directed toward that post. Now I suppose it's a stand alone comment lol.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:48 pm 
Baron

Fair enough :)

OfflineProfile