Would you play a server where boxing is prohibited
Yes, I would 53%  53%  [ 10 ]
No, I rather not 47%  47%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 19
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 2:18 pm 
Marquis

lessersuccubus wrote:
No Dual-Box is good only when a server has large population and reached it's limits. Buts such servers are destined to loose their players very fast.
why? Cause DUAL BOX is necessary to players.

You need 2box to sell and buy.
You need 2box to level-up when you like to play alone or your mates are unavailable.

Players who like to play support classes should have no problem with 2box.
No bot buffer will ever replace a live one. Cause if you want to go for serious PVP or PVE you will always need live support.

If you're a buffer and can't find a party to help you level-up, it's not 2box's fault.
1. either the server is dead
2. or you're not social enough to play a support class.

People who are against 2box simply don't understand Lineage (administrators included)

No 2box=dead server in a few months.
retail aint dead server afaik

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 2:18 pm 
Vagabond

redpill wrote:
... imagine that on dual boxin any idiot has an army of buffpets ...

Man, anyone who has made his own "army" on a server and has good results with it, is no "idiot".
He's a mf l2 pro if you ask me.

"Idiot" is the archie-boy or wiz-kid with a million supporters on his back pressing F2 and praying his enemy to die in 2 crit hits or bsoe.

No "personal army" will ever be enough to make you 1-hit nuker.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 2:19 pm 
Vagabond

Motorhead wrote:
lessersuccubus wrote:
No Dual-Box is good only when a server has large population and reached it's limits. Buts such servers are destined to loose their players very fast.

You need 2box to level-up when you like to play alone or your mates are unavailable.

No bot buffer will ever replace a live one. Cause if you want to go for serious PVP or PVE you will always need live support.

If you're a buffer and can't find a party to help you level-up, it's not 2box's fault.

People who are against 2box simply don't understand Lineage (administrators included)

Retail allows multi box

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 2:28 pm 
Marquis

lessersuccubus wrote:
Motorhead wrote:
lessersuccubus wrote:

Retail allows multi box
but you must pay for second acc and i dough most of ppl will pay

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 3:53 pm 
Duke

Motorhead wrote:
lessersuccubus wrote:
Motorhead wrote:
lessersuccubus wrote:

Retail allows multi box
but you must pay for second acc and i dough most of ppl will pay

A friend of mine runs 7 men party :D

ImageImageImageImage Image

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 5:21 pm 
lessersuccubus, what you said is all true. However my point of view slightly differce in the particular case.

I will address your lines one by one.

Indeed you stated it all very well. But come to think of it - selling and buying are as much part of the game as leveling is. What more some people actually enjoy on their times spent in the market. And I believe you don't really need an additional box to buy, now, do you? =]

I am aware that there are players who would rather play solo than uniting with others in party in order to complete goals. Nevertheless people in such server won't be forced to play the directed way by anything, but their will to. Just finishing the sentence I realised that I'm turning the thread from Pros and Cons into why should you play "that server", for what I am sorry.

To stick with the subject. Life support is an interesting proposal here, as I am not very experienced Lineage 2 player. Anyway I've been in others' clans - surrounded by all those skilled players, and I know that these kind of players usually use Boxes. Here I can't miss to say that nonetheless players build their own army or use someone's else army they do. Clans are raiding with smaller parties in terms of life-playing members, just to obtain the loot for theirselves. There is much more that can be told, but thus it comes about that I am not sure what I'm trying to say anymore I will sum up in three lines.

Server's economy will never be ruined by an absence of crafters/spoilers and other support classes if the administration takes the natural course of actions to prevent great difference between the prices, and encourage people to make reasonable choices. And as there are people enough to play from the both sides: Offensive and Supportive - if you let me call them as that, I am more than sure it won't end up like players who couldn't made their way into a good party.

I am sorry if my English sounds pretentious, and I want to fully assure you it is not the way how I truely feel about you or your opinion! I hope everything is well-written and intelligible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 5:41 pm 
Marquis

In servers where you can 2box people don't play supports.
They play dd and bot some pp/wc/se/ee or anything else he wishes.
Many RL friends played on Greek servers with 2box/3box etc allowed..
what was the result? 3 people had full support party.
Why would someone go play support class there? and server wasn't even
TOO low populated... was 800-900 people on every time.

Servers that prohibit 2box etc makes you a better player all in all imo...
Anyone can have full supports and go 'roll'. But not everyone has full support
pt (of live ppl) taking him for pvp. Unless server really sucks that is :P

And reason private servers die is that they mostly have x5+ rates.
Means factor clans are bored after 1 year and emoleave.

4 sho!

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:51 pm 
Forum Troll

atlant448 wrote:
redpill wrote:
servers with no dual boxing are the most fun to play. why? well, imagine that on dual boxin any idiot has an army of buffpets ( mostly pp, bd, se) and spoilers, so the ohle server is focued on non-sense farming. try to get a good party as pp on those servers. everybody has spoilers, buffers, and a char for pvp ( mainly nukers, archer and daggers).

no boxing means harder lvling, but ity olso means great variety of players ( there are guys who like only supporting, bishops, sws, ee), maybe a balance market( nobody has boxed spoilers and crafters, so u have ot interact with other players for shots, recs, parts, mats)
good joke
i know some bd nolifers that thinks of him like a god but i never saw some1 saying omagad im an ee wow im so kewl yay my ding day
or an pp saying wow im a bufer i can buff all 500 ppl in my ally wow thats fun meng yay buf bey

/fail
i like playing supporters too nub

Quote:
Servers that prohibit 2box etc makes you a better player all in all imo...
Anyone can have full supports and go 'roll'. But not everyone has full support
pt (of live ppl) taking him for pvp. Unless server really sucks that is

btw if there are 900 online with 3 boxes=around 300 players..
good population?

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 1:40 pm 
Knight

I dont mind dualboxing, but its not a demand either for me.
I just hate the part where ppl say, yea we are retaillike but we forbid dualbox.
As far as i know, multibox is allowed on retail, so if u wanna be retail like accept multibox.
If u wanna be custom forbid multibox.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 1:42 pm 
Viscount

Lisdodde wrote:
I just hate the part where ppl say, yea we are retaillike but we forbid dualbox.
As far as i know, multibox is allowed on retail, so if u wanna be retail like accept multibox.
they allow because u must pay for each acc.....so is about $ so pls dont say about retail like ...if u dont think before :twisted:

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 1:46 pm 
Duke

atlant448 wrote:
good joke
i know some bd nolifers that thinks of him like a god but i never saw some1 saying omagad im an ee wow im so kewl yay my ding day
or an pp saying wow im a bufer i can buff all 500 ppl in my ally wow thats fun meng yay buf bey

Man u are so wrong. I know many ppl who ONLY play supporters, cos thats the only think they like. I FUCKING LOVE SUPPORTS, but I also like other classes.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 2:05 pm 
Knight

DIABLO wrote:
Lisdodde wrote:
they allow because u must pay for each acc.....so is about $ so pls dont say about retail like ...if u dont think before :twisted:

And on retail like private every acc is free because else no1 would play.
For the rest u want it to be same as much as possible, that means rules also. So telling some1 he cant multibox would mean ur changing rules.
So ur not retail like.
I do think before i write. It just doesnt mean i have ur opinion!

OfflineProfile