Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: What about a real RPG server?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:45 pm 
Duke

MaxTunnerX wrote:
Thats because people are dumb :D I even tried renaming it but its not possible now. But well, at least the topic is always on top.

I could, what title do you want? :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:36 pm 
Baron

Youre not a mod as far as I can see, so how could you do that?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:23 am 
Duke

MaxTunnerX wrote:
Youre not a mod as far as I can see, so how could you do that?

Good magician never reveals his secrets :mrgreen:

Give me the title you want and I'll show you some magic :P

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: ¿Cómo sobre un servidor RPG real?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:31 am 
Baron

Right, the title should be "What about a real role playing game server?"

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: ¿Cómo sobre un servidor RPG real?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:42 am 
Duke

MaxTunnerX wrote:
Right, the title should be "What about a real role playing game server?"

alright alright, so... 10 bottles of Wyrm Blood, 5 Gremlin's nails, 20 bottles of Ant Soldier Acid... Eh, here we go!

voilá! :mrgreen:

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: What about a real role playing game server?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:02 am 
Baron

Thanks Mr. invisible mod.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:49 am 
Heir

So... as I wrote in the begining, how will a server like this prevent loging more clients? Admins can't even prevent efectivly bots, which are far easyer to spot and super easy to deteremine as bots when they are found.
What? you going to watch a buffer whole day to proove he is not just afk? In a 1000 players server?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:59 pm 
Baron

And as I wrote before, questions like this will be answered when we get there. Nobody will be working on a system to prevent this behavior unless there is a server with these rules running. But yeah, until the anti dualbox system is made, there will have to be surveillance all the time. Pretty easy to do with 10+ GMs doing their job. Also dont forget about players' reports.

Besides, if all dualboxers' accounts get deleted, there wont be any problem with items such as RB jewels they might have gotten unfairly as they would get deleted along with the accounts. Should they go smart ass and sell it before getting the account deleted, the item will be very easily traced and deleted and the buyer refunded.

Or maybe something better will emerge, but Im definitely not going to share this information publicly as the key to success against cheaters and the like is not telling them how the detection system works. This being said, I will no longer discuss dualbox detection methods in this topic. I believe I have answered your question and it wouldnt be wise to say any more than that.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:39 pm 
Heir

MaxTunnerX wrote:
This being said, I will no longer discuss dualbox detection methods in this topic. I believe I have answered your question and it wouldnt be wise to say any more than that.

The two problems this kind of servers encounter are lack of player interest and effective prevention method.
So this two problems should be the main focus of your topic. Also, you speak for no box servers like they never existed. But instead addressing the biggest problem (with the prevention) your topic is about share your dreams about such server and how the world is so cruel to not give it to you. And since I don't ask you anything, there is no need to answer me.

p.s.
Yes, I was going to argue about giving 10 "trusty" ppl rights to ban and the player reports, but since you say this topic is not about that...ok

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:53 pm 
Duke

botsman wrote:
So... as I wrote in the begining, how will a server like this prevent loging more clients? Admins can't even prevent efectivly bots, which are far easyer to spot and super easy to deteremine as bots when they are found.
What? you going to watch a buffer whole day to proove he is not just afk? In a 1000 players server?

Technically it's not possible to prevent completely. What you'd need is very strict policy. I'm talking about no warning perma ban when "proven" dualbox - of course you'll never be able to directly prove that the hooked PP isn't just the players' brother just being afk, but when the only action is giving bunch of buffs every 20 minutes, it should be obvious enough. Not talking about fact that this action itself could be made illegal (long time afk farming). Given it would be a very low rate server, you really wouldn't want to risk losing weeks, months of exp. :wink:

The more players there would be, the harder would it be to force this policy, but it should scare away large enough ammount of players for buffers to find their place in the game again.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:43 pm 
Baron

Yeah I was also thinking about making AFK exping against the rules. After all, we want an RPG server where people work together, not one guy with a tail of 5 chars that go out etc and whey come back they are leveled up. But most importantly, I said it a few pages ago and I say it again, people who like dualboxes will not want to play on such server. Why would they bother with trillions of dualbox servers out there? This way most of the boxers wont even play on the server so there shouldnt be much trouble anyway. As for penalties for boxing, I mentioned them in my previous reply.

OfflineProfile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6