Post subject: Re: [L2J - H5] L2 Equanimity x100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:05 pm 
Vassal

Bumping!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:26 am 
Vassal

We will have 8 years online starting next month :)

Come see why we are still around!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:14 am 
Vassal

Bumping!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:00 pm 
Vassal

Bump!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:49 am 
Vassal

Bumping! Still around managing the best and longest lasting server :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:36 am 
Vassal

bumping! over 8.5 Years online :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:57 am 
Vassal

Bump!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:44 pm 
Duke

L2Equanimity wrote:
bumping! over 8.5 Years online :)

Holy... That's incredibly impressive. Congratz and best luck to the future - 10 years or no balls :mrgreen:

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:57 pm 
Elder

Dead as a duck. For quite sometime now.

Pity. It was a work of art to play on.

Wonder why he closed?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:49 pm 
Duke

Ye, the site is down... Sad. Also curious why it closed :?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:50 pm 
Elder

Herlitz wrote:

From what I have been able to gleam from reading pages and pages at other forums, it was simply corruption and a non willingness to wipe. Apparently he refused to bow to peer pressure. But certain players he kissed their asses.

Also on his forums he appeared to become power hungry and would ban peoples accounts when they asked about updates. Or questioned in a polite way why something was being done.

Plus certain things in game became so corrupt like Olympiad that people stopped going.

He made updates no one wanted. What they needed was certain horrendous bugs fixed.

So you could say it was a lot of things.

Personally I think he just got tired of the people he tried to make happy. Would be nice to hear his side.

I really enjoyed playing there. Some of his ideas where brilliant. But even I got tired of the constant market manipulations shoved down our throats for the good of the server. When you put in years of work and find something changed that cuts into your profits, it tends to frustrate players greatly.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:45 pm 
Vagabond

inkblot wrote:
Herlitz wrote:

From what I have been able to gleam from reading pages and pages at other forums, it was simply corruption and a non willingness to wipe. Apparently he refused to bow to peer pressure. But certain players he kissed their asses.

Also on his forums he appeared to become power hungry and would ban peoples accounts when they asked about updates. Or questioned in a polite way why something was being done.

Plus certain things in game became so corrupt like Olympiad that people stopped going.

He made updates no one wanted. What they needed was certain horrendous bugs fixed.

Personally I think he just got tired of the people he tried to make happy. Would be nice to hear his side.

I really enjoyed playing there. Some of his ideas where brilliant. But even I got tired of the constant market manipulations shoved down our throats for the good of the server. When you put in years of work and find something changed that cuts into your profits, it tends to frustrate players greatly.

I know this response is VERY late, but Balls was put in a very bad position, he is a very good person and the Balls I knew would never allow corruption. I just wanted to let you guys know what actually happened from everything I saw, I was Reaper, or Reaper91 etc, at the time I was the Head GM and things were going pretty well overall, I was the one that created the tattoo's and many other additions that were not in the normal game and Balls helped me with implementing them to fit the server so they were not overpowered, we also had many other cool things that we were working on such completely novel Raid Bosses that ALOT of time was put into. Also, I was working on several new recipes to add to the game that were NOT easy to make but added new Jewelery and several other things. As well, we had several new quests in the work that were entirely createed by Balls and I with unique rewards, the problem we were working toward was making their rewards and quests balanced but also quite difficult, personally I wanted these quests and recipes to be rewarding but with variety of different levels of difficulty depending on the caliber of the reward for completing them. Unfortunately, before the balancing, fine tuning, and test (mock battles) against the new raid bosses could be completed my health took a turn for the worse which at first landed me in the hospital, and once released, which left me bedridden for several months and was unable to help Balls in the way I wish I could have if I wasn't sick. Which left Balls by himself with one other admin that was still pretty new to the role. So, all the weight of the entire server suddenly and without much warning landed on his shoulders (with a bit of help from the new GM). So, I just wanted to clarify, Balls does not deserve to be called corrupt or anything else like that, he did the best he could in a nearly impossible situation. I'am sorry that L2EQ's slide downward was majorly assisted by my absense, even if there was really nothing I could do about it, I wish I could have done something to help.

Thanks for reading if you took the time, I just couldn't stand all of it being blamed on Balls when he is truly a good person and tried his best.
-Former Head GM Reaper91

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:25 am 
Elder

Reaper91 wrote:
inkblot wrote:
Herlitz wrote:

I know this response is VERY late, but Balls was put in a very bad position, he is a very good person and the Balls I knew would never allow corruption. I just wanted to let you guys know what actually happened from everything I saw, I was Reaper, or Reaper91 etc, at the time I was the Head GM and things were going pretty well overall, I was the one that created the tattoo's and many other additions that were not in the normal game and Balls helped me with implementing them to fit the server so they were not overpowered, we also had many other cool things that we were working on such completely novel Raid Bosses that ALOT of time was put into. Also, I was working on several new recipes to add to the game that were NOT easy to make but added new Jewelery and several other things. As well, we had several new quests in the work that were entirely createed by Balls and I with unique rewards, the problem we were working toward was making their rewards and quests balanced but also quite difficult, personally I wanted these quests and recipes to be rewarding but with variety of different levels of difficulty depending on the caliber of the reward for completing them. Unfortunately, before the balancing, fine tuning, and test (mock battles) against the new raid bosses could be completed my health took a turn for the worse which at first landed me in the hospital, and once released, which left me bedridden for several months and was unable to help Balls in the way I wish I could have if I wasn't sick. Which left Balls by himself with one other admin that was still pretty new to the role. So, all the weight of the entire server suddenly and without much warning landed on his shoulders (with a bit of help from the new GM). So, I just wanted to clarify, Balls does not deserve to be called corrupt or anything else like that, he did the best he could in a nearly impossible situation. I'am sorry that L2EQ's slide downward was majorly assisted by my absense, even if there was really nothing I could do about it, I wish I could have done something to help.

Thanks for reading if you took the time, I just couldn't stand all of it being blamed on Balls when he is truly a good person and tried his best.
-Former Head GM Reaper91

Hi reaper. I never called Balls corrupt. I simply stated what I had read. But I did notice a toxic environment on the server and forum.

I miss that server, it had things you would not find anywhere. The newbie help alone when you started a new character and some of the instance zones alone where fantastic.

For a server that had such promise, it is a real shame it no longer exists. I wonder what balls is doing these days. I am sure he is staying as far away from L2 as he can. Only so much one can take.

My wife and I both played there for a very long time, only problem was that we got caught in the toxic climate from a few select players.

And I can speak from experience that Balls banned me, for some silly reason. And when he took it out on my wife by banning her, I had enough.

But I still loved that server. Too bad he did not sell the software or let someone else take it over.

Anyway thanx for the explanation. To tell you the truth, I never believed that he was corrupt. But he made quite a few changes that effected the players and the market. And that is what we argued about in private. There was no need to ban me or my wife who had nothing to do with anything. She would simply farm for hours and kill time. She could care less about the politics behind the code.

My nick on the server was Dormin and the wife was Fugly.

OfflineProfile