Print view Previous topic | Next topic 

Why are there so many IL servers lately?
1) People just don't like new updates and want good old L2 (pre-Throne era)! 62%  62%  [ 115 ]
2) Server owners just use the slightly raised interest to attrackt people and collect donations... 38%  38%  [ 71 ]
Total votes : 186
 Post subject: Re: [GRT] Rush of IL servers. What is your opinion?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:33 pm 
Vagabond

Shalana wrote:
They do it fo money.
They say that it'll take donations to improve the servers and sh1t.
People go there. They play for1-2 months, they donate, and suddenly...

"Server is closed due to lack of interest."

Happened to me twice recently XD

Noone forces u to donate. Its your choice. If u dont want to get same experience next time (and its ppl fault that they r dumb enough to donate after one week of playing there - i exaggerate) i advice u not to make rush donations.

Liquie wrote:
BTW in my opinion, you can almost "delete" the second option, because all private servers, that include pre- and post-interlude, which have donate are made with interest for donation. The interlude server which are now on, are because people want to play in the 1st sense, and i know there a couple of interlude low rate server where there is absolute no donation. Just check hopzone.

I just looooove how ppl post sentenses such as "i know there are those w/o donation, i know server that does this and has that" but then write "just check at hopzone". Why is it so hard to post name of such a servers here? If u know em so well.

IL server rush is here coz first - its not hard to make one and second (this one should be as first) most ppl dont like the new sh1t at new chronicles, such as: all type of armors with same look at all chars, subclass certifications, elemental system, op skills, amulets etc. And it gets worse and worse with each update. 10 bad ubdates (or even 20) to one good. And now GoD - which is in fact WoWlike. Instead of lineage, we get some colouring picture game.
So thats why. When ppl start to prefer other chronicles, we ll get other chronicles rush.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 6:49 pm 
Elder

Any IL low rate server survived?
lineage.ru...it says 1k online on the site, and the server is EMPTY, russians and their fake online counters grrrr.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:23 pm 
Vagabond

Hello,

GoDs3nD wrote:
Okay lately ,as we all know, there's sort of hysteria around the l2 (private sv) community. Interlude servers pop out of nowhere like mushrooms after rain! What are your feelings? Did you feel any changes in the quality and in the concept of these servers in general? Is the interest actually so high or it's just another soapy bubble which will finally pop as soon as it's obvious that the offering is alot higher than the supply?

Maybe in future same will happen to other (newer) chronicles? Which will it be?

L2 sucked balls since the beginning due to bad design choices.
C6 was really the last one "classic" chronicle - c4 with just new areas. I bet people are simply trying to catch the past.

NoFreaksAll0wed wrote:
for me its just a wave of qqs. But soon ppl will accept new chronicles when they see how fking boring INT is.
The next wave will be on GE im sure

GE was one in the best chronicles. Wasnt yet that gear-heavy, had still regular FoS/FoW etc.
Noobish for NCS to replace mobs instead of adding new areas. G3 My favourite.

IdooL wrote:
moreover, server owners of these new IL servers are just interested in collecting donations, it's not like they did smth special with their servers (and that's why most of them failed).
about IL.

Which explains everything.
Played on few, all of them closed in a month or two.

Same seems to happen now to G3 servers :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 11:03 pm 
Vagabond

MaliceMizer wrote:
Any IL low rate server survived?
lineage.ru...it says 1k online on the site, and the server is EMPTY, russians and their fake online counters grrrr.

L2evoke is the only stable one. Here since November

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:49 pm 
Vassal

Evoke is already dead. But it was decent server, shame it was only 2 sided, but survived pretty long with nice online. Now all my hopes are in l2citadel, upcoming HB server.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:26 am 
Vagabond

old school

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:19 am 
Count

I think its because interlude is last update where L2 got their own ideas. After that, its trying to implement features of other MMOS. And i think thats the problem. I have already posted a huge post in different thread (with similar topic).

Imho, someone should make new game, with decent combat system (even if its simple targetted with proactive dodge/block mechanics), movement appropriate to 2015 (WSAD with jumping, clicking is just too damn clunky), redesigning classess (dedicated buffers mainly, because sitting on your ass and waiting for next buffround simply isnt much of joy), crossing out weirdos kamael (but keeping soulhound, trickster and judicator class concepts and shifting them into other race's class possibilities. Zerker is generic warrior, no need to keep it i guess. Unless redesigning Zerker to be an actual zerker, high risk - high reward glass cannon melee)...

But most importantly, keep the main concepts that are signature of L2. No factions. Player driven economy, politics and powers (clans, alliances). PK system (perhaps with lesser karma generation). No fucking instances -> you wanna farm or kill raid bossess, you fight for your right to do so. Castles - instead of a faction city, you would get city (with associated castle) aligned to whoever gets it. Clan banners all over the place, guards with clan emblems and farming taxes from shop npcs, or possibly taxing trade itself from players.... you know that stuff.

-----`--(@)=====+====(@)-
______...............@@@.......
_____/... /____/_\____/|\__\\
_____|......CARE SWAT VAN...|
_____\-((@))((@))-----((@))-//

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:16 am 
Vagabond

ppl want to relive l2 when it was on its peak
another thing is i personally dislike less things about IL than on other chronicles.
I like hellbound more than gracia but i like gracia buff system and some other small tweaks which dont make up for the things i dislike in gracia hence why hb > gracia for me even tho idk few things about it, same logic applies to IL, u simply dont have that many things to dislike + u have a nostaligc feeling

OfflineProfile