Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 

Why are there so many IL servers lately?
1) People just don't like new updates and want good old L2 (pre-Throne era)! 62%  62%  [ 115 ]
2) Server owners just use the slightly raised interest to attrackt people and collect donations... 38%  38%  [ 71 ]
Total votes : 186
 Post subject: Re: [GRT] Rush of IL servers. What is your opinion?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:36 pm 
Marquis

general request topic ?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:39 pm 
Vassal

GRT = some initials

Back to the point.. 90% of the IL servers are in it for the money. Why so many IL? Because it's the most stable L2j they could find on ragezone (ikid), actually it's the one with the "How to make guide" for idiots. I'm saying this because I know like 20-30 server owners, oh no.. server rerollers if that's the possible term, that pop out the same server over and over again but change it's name and the domain.
(From no-ip.org to dns.net?)
This is the simple truth and anyone who votes for the first option doesn't really have money to donate.

and as a reply to idool's explanation: if the next wave is HB any server with an updated chronicle is just gonna die, but it's never gonna happen.. i bet most newbie players haven't heard about hb chronicle cuz sv with it are so rare right now.. newbie -*interlude gracia freya facebook*

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:29 pm 
Vassal

il server admins mostly just use ppls sentiment. interlude was mostly used and had been used for a long time. ppl are from natuere lazy and dont liked, to lear new things, so they see all through "good old days" and all was better then. so they start playing on Il servers.
the next may be GF, GE, maybe Freya. will see in a year.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:32 pm 
Knight

I think most L2 players who prefers older chronicles are like meth heads tryign to chase their 1st high. Because most of us had the best times when there was no hellbound/gracia/freya. But today there isn't any really good Interlude server which would satisfy this kind of community therefore the massive amount of new Interlude servers. Server owners trying to get ahold of these players, but every one of these servers have some major issues like too much custom stuff, corruption, unbalanced rates/donations, bad management, wrong platform (l2java) or just poor protection (ddos).

Interlude is liked because of it's simplicity and people doesn't really like to learn new things. (Why would they if they enjoyed interlude?)
On the other hand for example Freya is nothing but a farmfestival. And I'm not saying this because I only familiar with Interlude and I'm ignorant enough to say everything after IL is evil, but where you can have 85 levels, s80/s84 sets with both offensive and defensive attributes, sub certificates, a bunch of new skills to get/enchant, and a lot more other things than it's pretty much comes down to a never ending farmfestival. Not to mention that most of these things still not working as they meant to work and Interlude extenders are doing the trick for quite a while now.

/i think

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:38 pm 
Forum Troll

IL is ugly imba crap

go for hb !

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:36 pm 
Vagabond

Well for me few reason i prefer Il over HB and later chronicle.
- no attribute system, in my opinion this system is really wrong, it simply kill anything before A grade, farming attribute stone to 150 is kinda okay , but 300 is pathetic, not even talking about armor, where u need few sets. unless u are mad cheater, uber donator(or ebayer for retail) u cannot even hope to compete seriously.

- Giant Books, like above it make again a very large gap between cheater/donator and normal people.

- stupid added skill 80+ that are kinda very retarded and somehow make the pvp boring, people able to use skill 83 cna wipe some whole group of lvl 80 alone, which is retarded.

- Epic jewels, i think it'sa bit retarded that it split original stats by defense+attack debuff chance.
People wihtout epic not only cannot debuff people with epic but also have +100% getting debuffed is retarded, i alrdy think apic kills the game, but it make them even more imba giving archer/tank stun chance or nuker chance silence etc.

What i don't like in IL:

- FoI, a bit retarded

Overall i think IL is more fair for both super rich and "normal" people since gap between S and A grade is not amazing, u don't need farm frint to get your stupid 80+ skills.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:24 am 
Knight

GoDs3nD wrote:
IL is ugly imba crap

go for hb !

IL = Archer chronicle (crit, crit, crit, incorrect target)
HB = Nuker chronicle (vortex+slug/crusher/buster --> tovillage)
Freya = ohmigod, balanzd!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:52 am 
Grand Duke

madkido wrote:
GRT = some initials

thanks captain obvious.

facepalm.png

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:03 am 
Marquis

zaki555666 wrote:

sure thing bro :wink:

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:16 am 
Knight

IdooL wrote:
zaki555666 wrote:

sure thing bro :wink:

It is as balanced as L2 can ever get.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:14 pm 
Vagabond

class are balanced freya, the problem is they fcked up everything with the ridiculous stuff and attribute et codex book, that make it totally unbalance.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:18 pm 
Marquis

Should be more c4 servers...... lol I want some good old classic c4!!!! Best moments of my l2 career.... playing on abyss x3....

Better we have a rush of hellbound servers to be honest, but how about some good old c5?

Interlude..... meh....

https://l2etina.com/
https://discord.gg/NjXZcnwWhT

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:54 pm 
Knight

Amrx wrote:
how about some good old c5?

I'm currently waiting for a 5x C5 which won't be actually opening I guess at least for a month, but it'll be definetly worth w8ing for since they have the good ol' Azure (celes/nanaki/aerith) files.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:11 pm 
Marquis

I rly hope old moments of l2 will return back, cuz now after freya I cant find any difference between wow and l2... I love this game and I dont wanna stop it because prolly in future there will be only h5, god and w/e sh*tty servers and chronicles coming after those 2. C6 and hb were my favorite moments of l2.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:38 pm 
Duke

madkido wrote:
GRT = some initials

Back to the point.. 90% of the IL servers are in it for the money. Why so many IL? Because it's the most stable L2j they could find on ragezone (ikid), actually it's the one with the "How to make guide" for idiots. I'm saying this because I know like 20-30 server owners, oh no.. server rerollers if that's the possible term, that pop out the same server over and over again but change it's name and the domain.
(From no-ip.org to dns.net?)
This is the simple truth and anyone who votes for the first option doesn't really have money to donate.

and as a reply to idool's explanation: if the next wave is HB any server with an updated chronicle is just gonna die, but it's never gonna happen.. i bet most newbie players haven't heard about hb chronicle cuz sv with it are so rare right now.. newbie -*interlude gracia freya facebook*

Decent interlude servers are retail C4 modded for interlude, not java.. lol! Interlude java = lots and lots of shitty framerate drops and alot of lag. Always been like that.

DwarfieLover wrote:
- Epic jewels, i think it'sa bit retarded that it split original stats by defense+attack debuff chance.
People wihtout epic not only cannot debuff people with epic but also have +100% getting debuffed is retarded, i alrdy think apic kills the game, but it make them even more imba giving archer/tank stun chance or nuker chance silence etc.

Mate it depends here. It's true, not really fair for guys without epics, but have it this way: in olympiad with full epic jewels in interlude any class that relies on debuffs is 90% screwed. The sk is the best example. With full epics it's retardedly hard to land a poison or a bleed, two essential debuffs in the arsenal of the sk. And many more examples.

I see this as a good change. One of the few good changes that kamael-freya period has brought us.

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next