Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: How to choose a server [imo]
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:55 pm 
Forum Troll

u want just to update ur previous post or replace it with this one?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:20 pm 
Grand Duke

replace imo

facepalm.png

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:04 pm 
Duke

+1, replace plox

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:25 pm 
Forum Troll

updated but i totaly disagree with this part
Quote:
The rumors about l2j, l2dc and l2off. Well, there is a difference ofc. l2j is a server that can be made extremely easily, but you have to deal with a lot of bugs and even more lags, but nowadays l2j improved a lot and that can't be a big problem, ofc l2off will be always better.

l2off is nothing more but leaked c4 bugland

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:50 am 
Vagabond

Quote:
Like, what is the server machine's quality and especially it has to have a great connection. 100mbit is used by small servers, can keep up about 200active players w/o lag. After that, it might be a nightmare full-o-lag.
Big servers mostly have 1000mbit+ connection, that makes a future for them and you can play on it for a while for sure w/o the fear that when you're about to get well, the server keeps lagging or even more: about to shut-down.

I was running a server on a 100mbit and 2cpu, 2gb ram and i was handling almost 650 (-100 Offline-Trade and AFK) players without problems. I may add my server was a pvp one so the cpu usage and packet transfer was higher than a normal server especially in sieges.

Here is how i managed that.

Linux OS.
Wiped Droplist.
Geodata only where nessecary (Castles/Fortresses/Oly/other Popular Areas)
Useless Quests & Scripts Disabled.

Of course now i moved to a bigger i7 8gb ram etc. But the above is a good way to improve your server if you want.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:35 pm 
Vassal

Especially the wiped drop list/sh*ty herbs drop (its anoying in a pvp server)
Imo if u change the animation for SS, or more like to delete the animation it will lower more the resources. Not 100% sure for that though.
Maybe someone with more experience can add a word.

On topic: If you happen to look in HZ, look in pages 1-6 and look at the date of add! Its there for a reason! Ofcourse PvP servers on top positions have reward scripts, which nobody gives a sh*t about
cuz they pay HZ network :D

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:53 pm 
Duke

GoDs3nD wrote:
updated but i totaly disagree with this part
Quote:
The rumors about l2j, l2dc and l2off. Well, there is a difference ofc. l2j is a server that can be made extremely easily, but you have to deal with a lot of bugs and even more lags, but nowadays l2j improved a lot and that can't be a big problem, ofc l2off will be always better.

l2off is nothing more but leaked c4 bugland

i meant official files
meaning the same files what official servers use

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:20 pm 
Heir

Lhyno, no offense, but your guide is only good for total newbies, and it doesn't state that.
Why do I think so?
Imagine a guy (like me), who's favorite class is prophet or elder class (mine is elven elder), trying to find a server where he will be gladly seen playing his favorite class:
a) most servers have an NPC buffer, or the buffs last ridiculously long, so you can buff yourself with another character, and you don't need a buffer in party
b) most servers have mana potions (and their websites don't mention mana potions at all)

So such player will check the above first, and any server, that falls under either one of the above categories will be disqualified, regardless of what else that server offers (rates, hardware, age, population, voting, stackable/nonstackable subclasses etc. etc.).

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:02 pm 
Vagabond

Hello, for me L2 NoAdvantage [x3] is very good as I have played beta and checked many aspects. Things are balanced and I can see a lot of work to make it no p2w. There are no hardcore donations and like server name says - there will be no adventage. If You like substack system, I can't see any competition especially it's first on the world's market Classic 2.0 with substack 1+1. It means there are C4 feelings with better interface and new features like mailing items etc.
https://isekai-club.com/page5.html

Enclave, Hooligans, NinjaPirates, EvilEmpire, OldSchool, Animosity, CryInc, ZerG, FEAR, DesertoreS, R.I.P. etc...everyone who knows those clans/allies or people from them, who associates servers from my description, everyone who remember gold times for L2 and new players whose fall in love with this legendarny mmo are just welcome to meet together once again in one place!

I belive we can do it again with nice online and nice people to play with.

Who need nostalgia motivation is welcome to my yt:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGaeXO ... 83iD8b2Rxg

NCSoft Official (Naia) - Yul Trickster/Iss Sword Muse lvl 99/96 noblesse, subs lvl 80/80
Dex x5 (Nostalgia) - BH lvl 75, Destro lvl 70
Giants x30 (Insomnia) - Sagi/PK lvl 76/76 noblesse, SD lvl 76
Frintezza x15 - Cardi/Soultaker//MM/SM lvl 79/79//79/78 noblesse
Supreme x15 (Nanaki) - Sagi/SM/Destro lvl 78/78/76 noblesse
Dragon Network x10 (Shadow) - MM/ES lvl 78/78 noblesse, HE lvl 75
Member of: CyberWorld, DarkneSoldiers, Phoenix, Nightmare, Koren, Memories, White Eagle, Java, InfiniteL2

Best regards,
noM1s

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:08 am 
Forum Troll

what a bunch of nonsense.... nothing good happened to l2 community for all these years...

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:45 am 
Duke

GoDs3nD wrote:
what a bunch of nonsense.... nothing good happened to l2 community for all these years...

Dunno, I feel like the l2 private scene has matured a bit and so there are more of the 'honest' servers like the Dawn, Elpy etc. these days

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:01 pm 
Duke

Herlitz wrote:
GoDs3nD wrote:

Dunno, I feel like the l2 private scene has matured a bit and so there are more of the 'honest' servers like the Dawn, Elpy etc. these days

Oh hey, I still exist!
Haven't really thought of L2 in years until some old playmates found me and were talking about l2reborn [?]
Seems pretty decent, just don't really want to spend the time on it other than to goof around at low levels.

I would imagine most players, now in their 20s and 30s, there would be a tad higher level of maturity.
The official l2 routes seem completely dead, it's just a p2w hellhole but it seems like there's a couple of nice-ish private options if people still want to dig into the game a bit. So it doesn't seem completely dire.

Either way, for whomever happens to still be around, I hope you're having a good time if you're still playing!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:37 pm 
Duke

Lhyno wrote:
The official l2 routes seem completely dead, it's just a p2w hellhole

Oh hey, nice to see you around still! Yeah I think offi is a lost cause. "Pay 2 win" is a bit of a understatement imo, it's more like "pay 2 stop your life from from being a complete bloody misery". I wouldn't mind people at the top one-shotting me but at the point they start offering you these obnoxious "dolphin" packages that make you choose between paying 10 bucks or spending month+ grinding for the same thing, it's just time to go.

Luckily some honest private servers are still around. You mentioned Reborn, I'd also highlight ElmoreLab as one of the most impressive projects lately. Started with less than 50 online, grown into one of the biggest servers these days

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:09 am 
Duke

Herlitz wrote:
Luckily some honest private servers are still around. You mentioned Reborn, I'd also highlight ElmoreLab as one of the most impressive projects lately. Started with less than 50 online, grown into one of the biggest servers these days

Yup-yup! That's the other one I saw beyond reborn that was heartily recommended, but I wasn't sure if I could vouch for it since I haven't heard nearly as much about it.

But hey, 2 options, fairly solid ones at that it seems. Heck, that actually would've been super welcome 10-15 years ago when I was still playing it actively. Though in hindsight, I probably should've dug into dexternet and would've probably been out by the time it went down the drain, having had a good time not hopping servers every 6 months, heh.

OfflineProfile